Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes and i also bought a program calles simplify 3d, with that it runs my anet A6 without having to use SD cards. With Cura i needed to use the sd cards to print from. With it you should be able to run as many as you want. And with the use of the sd cards skys the limit

Comment

• Do you like your printer? Would you recommend it?

Comment

• I am not sure of the theoretical max number of printers you can connect to one computer by USB.

Before you hit that number, you'll hit a USB bandwidth issue where the file transfer rate to each printer gets so low that it doesn't keep up with the printing process.

3D printing, you will hit a buffer under-run (not enough data getting to the printer) and cause print fails. A color paper printer wil just wait fr enough in the buffer for the page before it starts the page. The 3D printer usually doesn't have a big enough built in buffer (section of internal RAM) to do a very large print.

But 3D printers are slow... so you transfer a large file that will take 2 to 24 hrs to print (I did a 24 hr print on my Ender 3) by putting it n a SD card with the computer, plug that into the printer and print from the card.
        This way you can run as many printers as you have SD cards using one computer... and you'd need thousands of printers before the printing was faster than you could change cards.
        FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

• How cool is that?!!! Love it Bro!!! Great job... :Cool: Merry Christmas!!

Comment

• I have to figure out what design software they're using to design the planes. I would like to attempt to design my own planes. I have a lot of planes I'd like to do, ya know obscure ones that no one wants, or doesn't make sense to produce.

Ya know things like a Grumman S-2, or a Grumman Greyhound, as well as many, many others.

But I just have to learn what kind, and how the design software works.

Woody

Comment

• You can download a free hobbyist license for Fusion360. I think a lot of people are using that for designing. I downloaded a copy for myself, but have not dug into using it yet.
              Pat

Comment

• Yes that Fusion 360 is what i picked up as well. Wasn't going to until i seen that there was a way to get it for free.

back to the plane, interior is in and wheels are on, windscreens is finishing on the printer.

Comment

• Whats really good about the one i bought is parts are as easy as going to Amazon to get, and being a build up kit gives you a chance to become fimilure with the parts and if need be change them. It also has great user support base on Facebook, however company support is pretty much nonexistent. The saving grace is the parts are fairly cheap and simple to replace. I do believe the ender3 is just as good, has good support, as well as a large fanbase. For printers there are many options, if you dont mind building it from quite literally the gound up, Anet is a good machine. But also with the anet, buy a glass toper for the bed, you wont regret it ever!:Cool:

Comment

• Looks good mate! That's awsome.

I think I might try something simple. That is if I make it that far. I might try to make an A-7 Corsair II. Going to try to down load some software this weekend.

But I fascinated by this approach. So are you happy with that printer Rman? Where you recommend to get it?

Woody

Sorry Rman, didn't read your last post. Got it. Thanks.

I'm just wondering how long to design a nice bird for printing? Guess I'll find out.

I do have a little of experience in this area. We'll see how it goes. : )

Comment

• Yes indeed! Best of luck brother! :Cool:

Comment

• Now for the final glamour shot... i gotta figure out how to print clear filament clear and not fogged up.. Otherwise shes perfect, and complete! I still say my total time is right around 90-100 hours. Total cost in filaments would be around 50 bucks considering each color to avg 15 bucks a roll. Electronics, runs about 90 ish. Other hardware, wire for pushrods and clips 12 bucks. All 3 wheels also around 12 bucks. So in total about $114 start to finish.

Comment

• I would put the Cessna about the same figure, in time and parts costs.

Comment

• The printer cuts the foam too? You need a hobbyist license to design and market a plane? Can't wait to see some old relics resurrected.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post
                              How cool is that?!!! Love it Bro!!! Great job... :Cool: Merry Christmas!!
                              Thanks brother! Merry Christmas to you too!

Comment

• That is just too cool. LOL

Woody

Comment

• Originally posted by Skyboom View Post
                                  The printer cuts the foam too? You need a hobbyist license to design and market a plane? Can't wait to see some old relics resurrected.
                                  Naw not that i know of, just prints out plastic parts.

Comment

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
                                    I gotta figure out how to print clear filament clear and not fogged up.
                                    RMBTX, The best you can do is print canopies in clear ABS and go through the polishing process like on any clear plastic part. PLA prints clearer in the beginning but doesn't polish well. In terms of a perfectly clear 3DP objects, you're dealing with an abundance of 'refraction' due to the layers, so prints will never be perfectly clear. If your clear parts are not structural like with the 3DLabs F-86 canopy (See pics in this thread) you could use an ABS 'print' in any color as a form to vacuum-form the canopy. Well done on this project by the way. :Cool:Best, LB

I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                                    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                                    ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• And join them all together.? Is it better than foamies? How big can plastic parts be?

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post

RMBTX, The best you can do is print canopies in clear ABS and go through the polishing process like on any clear plastic part. PLA prints clearer in the beginning but doesn't polish well. In terms of a perfectly clear 3DP objects, you're dealing with an abundance of 'refraction' due to the layers, so prints will never be perfectly clear. If your clear parts are not structural like with the 3DLabs F-86 canopy (See pics in this thread) you could use an ABS 'print' in any color as a form to vacuum-form the canopy. Well done on this project by the way. :Cool:Best, LB

I think that could work well, with some practice.

Woody

Comment

• Originally posted by Skyboom View Post
                                          And join them all together.? Is it better than foamies? How big can plastic parts be?
                                          Given a good quality glue, the joints can be stronger than the rest of the shell.

Comment

Working...
                                          X