Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Working on the wings now, once i have those, i might redo the stab/float prints, i just dont like how they turned out, they just need alittle more fine tuning to get them how i would like. Otherwise, came out ok.

Comment

• One wing completed printing the right hand wing now.

Comment

• Well the printing is done, now waiting on my electronics to get here

Comment

• Components from motion waiting to be installed

Comment

• Do you have a lake picked out for the maiden?

Woody

Comment

• Looking good there rifleman! Although it's not necessary to take the pics in your skivvies!! ;)
              Dynam; E-Flite; Freewing

Comment

• Hahaha yeah got me there. :p but yes im gonna fly it off my pond here at the house. Ill have my son video it. This one in the video I'm posting

Comment

• Float retracts installed had to do a work around since the units called for were out of stock. Not perfect but they do the job until the intended ones arrive.

Comment

• For anyone curious about an Airliner, I uploaded the tail section of my A330-300 to my cults3d profile for free download. Included are ABS gcodes compatible with Prusas.

Once my design is fully completed (estimated Summer 2019), the tail is 100% compatible with the remainder of the airframe.

Here is the tail section for a 3D printed airliner I am currently designing. The tail will be compatible with the final release of the full airframe. Planning for a release in Summer 2019. Build log here: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?3117172-1-30-Scale-Airbus-A330-300-(3D-Printed) Design is based on a 2-perimeter (0.8mm wall thickness) construction approach to minimize the amount of internal supports needed. I am utilizing ABS as the parts can be welded together with acetone, and weigh ~15% less than PLA Features include: -Alignment tabs that provide additional glue surface and easier assembly. -Built-in servo hatches -Removable horizontal stabs -Break-away "Sacrificial base" at bottom of parts to reduce warp/elephant foot for several parts. This is a 15mm section that gets discarded after printing. A light bending will cleanly remove the base from the parts. All parts can be printing without supports, with the exception of Tail4. Flip fuselage parts onto build plate so "sacrifical base" are on the build plate. -6x4x175mm carbon tube is required for the horizontal stabs. -6x4x190mm carbon tubes (qty 4) are required for attachment to the forward fuselage. -Dubro nylon hinges required for the rudder and elevators. -Lightly score with an xacto the servo hatches to release from the parts. A gently prying may be required. Edit: 2019-11-28 Added Prusa Gcodes (2023-12-20) "Experimental Files" for the Version 2 upgrade added including a brief assembly manual for the tail section. Update is in progress.

It can be printed in PLA or other filaments, but at an increased weight penalty vs ABS. Any slicer works with this design, just turn OFF the part cooling fan and run the nozzle on the hotter spectrum for whatever filament you use. 255 for ABS, I'm guessing 230 for PLA.

Comment

• Im trying out some new filament from filacube, so far its been on point. Im glad i picked up some for when i start on the f86

Comment

• Hi guys,

I have been lurking here reading all of these posts with interest. I finally decided to pick up a 3d printer this year. My Prusa i3 Mk3S has left the factory and is on it's way to me. I can't wait to start to play around with it. I am hoping that my wife lets me keep it in the basement where my workshop is. If not, then the plane storage room (also known as garage, but the car has never been there). I have been doing a ton of reading and watching videos to help me get started. I can't believe the F-86 the elbee is putting together. I will be getting that underway a little later on :-)
                        My Freewing F-4 is sitting at the border UPS store and I am heading out after putting my son on the school bus to pick it up.
                        Thank you everyone for posting your pictures and helping inspire the rest of us to give it a try

Brent

Comment

• Brent,

Be careful with operating the printer in a garage. cold drafts and humidity can cause the prints to develop cracks or impact the finish quality of the pieces. The Mk3S is much quieter than the MK2S, so you may be able to convince the wife to let you keep it in the basement.

Comment

• Originally posted by slamdance64 View Post
                            Hi guys,I have been lurking here reading all of these posts with interest. I finally decided to pick up a 3d printer this year. My Prusa i3 Mk3S has left the factory and is on it's way to me. Brent
                            SD64, Congrats on your acquisition. LOL If you're going to print PLA, there is virtually no odor; ABS does have that plastic smell. I have built the Ikea Enclosure for my Prusa i3Mk3 and that helps a lot. I think the basement is the ticket with an enclosure of some type. The 3DLabs F-86 is printed, but I have yet to buy all the accessories, so that project is on hold until I finish my Phantom. Best, LB
                            I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                            ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                            ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• I was wondering about that F86! :Plol i been waiting on updates :) ive also picked up their new Il2. :Cool:

Comment

• Happy day today. My Prusa, PLA,PETG and ABS have arrived this afternoon. I picked up some Lack Tables and misc parts and I am all set to begin :-) I am going to be busy this weekend. A huge thanks to everyone here showing their setups and recommendations for software. Just started the Fusion360 tutorials. Up ahead is a steep learning curve.

Comment

• Originally posted by slamdance64 View Post
                                  Happy day today. My Prusa, PLA,PETG and ABS have arrived this afternoon. I picked up some Lack Tables and misc parts and I am all set to begin :-) I am going to be busy this weekend. A huge thanks to everyone here showing their setups and recommendations for software. Just started the Fusion360 tutorials. Up ahead is a steep learning curve.
                                  SD64, A very hearty congrats to you, sir. You will have a busy weekend. LOL Best, LB
                                  I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                                  ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                                  ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• almost 7ft worth of fuselage :)

Comment

• Wow DD, that looks excellent! :Cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirty Dee View Post
                                        almost 7ft worth of fuselage :)
                                        You are amazing sir!!!

Comment

• Thanks guys!

Comment

Working...
                                          X