First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Petg wing worked great! Really happy with my F86 now

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirty Dee View Post
      Also Elbee here are those settings I was talking about for the "fake" 0.3mm nozzle
      DD, Works like a charm, my friend. Brilliant, Sir. Tango Yuma. Best, LB
      I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
      ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Nice instrument panel you designed for the Hornet Elbee

Comment

Nice instrument panel you designed for the Hornet Elbee
          DD, Thanks, I hoped someone might get a 'grin' outta the fine detail. Just trying to save a little weight. I've got to get back to building some more Freewing F/a-18C Cockpit parts. Best, LB
          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Hey All, getting started on building some more bits for the F/a 18C 'office'. Best, LB

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0095.JPG
Views:	571
Size:	102.6 KB
ID:	215927
            ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Hi LB, how o I go about getting this file for my FW F-18?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dustman View Post
                Hi LB, how o I go about getting this file for my FW F-18?
                Hey DM, I will post the STL Files for this when I have proven the design, i.e., when I have finished my F-18 and all the parts fit well. The 3DPUP thing has become part of the "hobby" for me and I enjoy it, but it is not something I work on everyday. I understand that you want to add a cockpit to your F-18 and so do I, hence taking the time to build the files. I post designs so whoever wants to print my stuff can and I do it at no cost. Not that there's anything wrong with capitalism, but there's in lies the rub, if I charge you, then I am responsible for the prints and shipping and who knows what else and that takes away from all this being a hobby for me. I hope that I haven't offended you in any way with this, but if you are patient, all will be revealed. Best always, LB
                ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Well Hulloo All, Still plugging away, though I am progressing. There are 6 parts in the photo and I think that is what it will take, but hope to make the RH/LH side consoles part of the "Tub". The MB Ejection Seat is a bit tedious and so far has a high part count. Not certain whether to simplify it as most of these are or stick it out and make it a little more detailed with 'Some Assembly Required". In any case, I will keep up the 'good fight'. Best, LB

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0097.JPG
Views:	499
Size:	62.5 KB
ID:	216592
                  ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Looks great Steve.

I decided to try out one of lynxman's designs and started printing out the L-39 in ABS. A lof of the fuselage parts need a 300x300mm bed, so I will be needing to split the parts to fit the prusa, or possibly purchase an artillery sidewinder or jgaurora a5s.

The smallest fuselage section that fits on the prusa takes 18hours

Comment

Looks great Steve. I decided to try out one of lynxman's designs and started printing out the L-39 in ABS. A lof of the fuselage parts need a 300x300mm bed, so I will be needing to split the parts to fit the prusa, or possibly purchase an artillery sidewinder or jgaurora a5s. The smallest fuselage section that fits on the prusa takes 18hours
                      Chris, I thank you, Sir. Does the design remind you of another cockpit kit? I am coach-able. Wow, what a great new project for you, I am envious. That is one large 3DP airframe! Do you think that the 'braking system' could be scaled down? Which EDF system will you be using? Best, Steve
                      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Haven't been doing much printing lately as I've moved up to turbines, but I did print something nice yesterday in ABS. Most turbine engines come with a FOD screen that slides on the front and is held in place with an o-ring. It's a pretty secure fit, but we all know that o-rings dry out and break eventually, especially since I live in a very dry climate. A friend designed a cover that uses existing screws in the nose of the turbine to secure it in place. It's printed in ABS because turbines get hot.

These fit most Kingtech turbines except for the very small and very large ones.
                        Pat

Comment

• CRXMP, Very cool. Are you converting 'foamies' to 'turbine'? Is there a "turbine-based'" forum on this website? Best, LB
                          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post
                            Chris, I thank you, Sir. Does the design remind you of another cockpit kit? I am coach-able. Wow, what a great new project for you, I am envious. That is one large 3DP airframe! Do you think that the 'braking system' could be scaled down? Which EDF system will you be using? Best, Steve
                            haha, yup it does remind me of another cockpit set.

The braking system might be scale-able, but would need some alterations for different O-rings and servos to operate the cams. I plan to 3d print the 120mm housing and fan that the designer made for the model. He seems to have good efficiency with it, and can get 5 minutes of flights on a 5000mAH 12S setup.

Comment

• There is a Gas Turbine section under Power Systems. I am not converting any of my EDFs to turbine (like Jan Berg has been doing). But there are some foamy turbines on the market today from HSD and now Global Jet. But for now I'm sticking with composite jets.
                              Pat

Comment

haha, yup it does remind me of another cockpit set.The braking system might be scale-able, but would need some alterations for different O-rings and servos to operate the cams. I plan to 3d print the 120mm housing and fan that the designer made for the model. He seems to have good efficiency with it, and can get 5 minutes of flights on a 5000mAH 12S setup.
                                Chris, Whoa, you're printing the fan? Which material for that? Amazing to me, though I am easily entertained most days. Best, Steve
                                ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• I will be printing in ABS. the one pictures was another RCGroups member who printed in PLA. The original designer printed/flies his in PLA, but he lives up in the arctic circle where it is normally cold.

Comment

• Hey Y'all, Finished and printed a set of the LH/RH Consoles. Plenty of detail, though I will try a print with the consoles laying 'flat' and see if it ups the resolution some. It is looking like it will make more sense to add these to the 'tub' for a finished print. Also, will need to push these a bit outside the tub walls to add some interior space for the pilot. The OEM foam walls on the air-frame are scaled nicely, but thick, so to stay within some semblance of interior scale, the pilot will be a snug fit. It'll all be good, I think. Best, LB
                                    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0105.JPG Views:	48 Size:	114.0 KB ID:	217007
                                    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Nice work bro!

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post
                                        Hey Y'all, Finished and printed a set of the LH/RH Consoles. Plenty of detail, though I will try a print with the consoles laying 'flat' and see if it ups the resolution some. It is looking like it will make more sense to add these to the 'tub' for a finished print. Also, will need to push these a bit outside the tub walls to add some interior space for the pilot. The OEM foam walls on the air-frame are scaled nicely, but thick, so to stay within some semblance of interior scale, the pilot will be a snug fit. It'll all be good, I think. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0105.JPG
Views:	578
Size:	114.0 KB
ID:	217007 Best, LB
                                        Amazing work sir! Just top notch stuff.

Comment

• Hey, that looks great and something I would gladly pay for the file when you make it available. Is there a seat that goes with it?

Comment

Working...
                                          X