Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RG I would like a copy of your canopy bow design to. You can never have too many parts........

Comment

• Originally posted by Dustman View Post
      RG I would like a copy of your canopy bow design to. You can never have too many parts........
      Thanks, you may get those in #752

Comment

• Originally posted by Radar-Guy View Post

Thanks, you may get those in #752
        Dustman and Radar-Guy , My mistake on the contents of the Forward Canopy Bow STL File. I have corrected the 10a Zip File in the original post #761, which now includes the right parts. Sorry. Best, LB
        I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
        ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
        ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• You mean post #756 and recopy that file? All of the files up to post #745 I just sent off to get made a couple of days ago. I should be getting them back in about a week or so.

Comment

So I need to go back to post #761 and recopy that file? All of the files up to post #745 I just sent off to get made a couple of days ago. I should be getting them back in about a week or so.
            DM, No, the only files that were changed were in Set 10a. I inadvertently placed the Shortened RH/LH Console IPs in to the file that should include the Forward Canopy Frame/Bow. If you're referring to the Modified Tub and the Shortened RH/LH Console IPs to send to your 3D Printer guy/gal, either Tub works fine and If you Contact your 3D Printer provider, they can download the newer parts from the forum. Just open the page where the files are and send them the URL of that page, so they can download the files. The newest files are 10a, 10b, and 10c, otherwise nothing else has changed, just a different version of the Tub and shortened IP Panels to fit that design and One (1) new part, the Forward Canopy Bow by Radar-Guy and myself. All is good, Sir. There will probably be some exterior parts coming, we'll see how that goes. Best, LB
            ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Koool, I gotcha. When I get the first set of parts, I will lay them out and post pic's.

Comment

Koool, I gotcha. When I get the first set of parts, I will lay them out and post pic's.
                DM, Go to the Prusa Website and download their Slicer Program, the latest is called Prusa PE, I believe. It is free and will allow you to open and view any STL File. It is good that you see the file and compare that to what part it is. Additionally, check out their printers. I have the i3 Mk3 and love it, but the Mk2S is also a great printer and can be upgraded anytime to the Mk3. The Support Firmware is the key and Prusa updates that frequently. Anyway, any other questions/comments,, let me know. Best, LB
                ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Hey Gang, I just did a quick dry fit of the Canopy Bow and it looks really good; however, it is a bit too tall to allow the OEM Canopy to fully seat to the foam I will remove the offending item from the STL File, mod it and get it back in the STL File asap. Best, LB

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0142.JPG
Views:	742
Size:	104.0 KB
ID:	219480
                  ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• This is the list that Dirty Dee is producing for me at the moment:

"LB_Parachute_Back_Panel_F-18C_0.15mm_PLA_MK3"
                    "F18 Canopy Actuator Motor"
                    "F-18C Canopy Connecting Rod"
                    "F-18C Canopy_Rails_w_Pit_Frame_v4a"
                    "F-18C Center Instrument Cluster"
                    "F18C Clear Mesh Final v2"
                    "F-18C HUD Base w Lens_Camera v2"
                    "F-18C HUD Frame v1"
                    "F-18C Instrument Panel-Full"
                    "F-18C Joystick Full Build v3"
                    "F-18C LH Console v4"
                    "F-18C RH Console v4"
                    "F-18C The_Pit_Final"
                    "F-18C Tub_v8"
                    "LB Cockpit Set F-18C Throttles"
                    "LB Non-Ejection Seat LH Cylinder"
                    "LB Non-Ejection Seat Panel at Frame Above Seat"
                    "LB Non-Ejection Seat Parachute Strap Print 2 of These"
                    "LB_Ejection_Seat_and_Seat_Frame_F-18C_0.15mm_PLA_MK3"
                    "LB_Headrest_and_Top_Panel_F-18C_0.15mm_PLA_MK3"
                    "FW F-18 90mm - HUD Base"
                    "FW F-18 90mm Cockpit Coaming v2"
                    "FW F-18 90mm HUD Frames v2"
                    "FW F-18 90mm LEX Fence Base v1" 2 of these
                    "FW F-18 90mm LEX Fence v1" 2 of these
                    "FW F18-Main Wheel Cover v1" 2 pairs

I think these are all the parts from thread 708 to thread #745. I'm not sure this includes anything after it. The printer you mentioned is nice but too expensive for my pocket book. I was looking at the Creality Ender 3/Ender 3 Pro/Ender 5/CR-20 Pro/CR-X/CR-10S Pro 3D Printer DC 24V. What do you think?

Comment

• Hey F-18C Owners' Society, These are the corrected Canopy Bow Frame STL Files which include the original Bow by Radar-Guy which fits great and the v3 updated version he and I worked on together. The file has a printable 'full-version' and a printable 'parts version' depending on your preferences. As always, let me know through this forum if you have a fit issue or a fix or a version you've modded. I think we are all served when we mod and share a better version of any of these files. Building a better 'mouse-trap' so to speak. Best, LB

[ATTACH]n219625[/ATTACH]

Click image for larger version

Name:	Canopy Bow STL File Images.JPG
Views:	696
Size:	116.8 KB
ID:	219626
                      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• some Elbee and Radar-Guy parts printed with a 0.3mm nozzle and 0.15mm layer height in ABS. The cockpit coaming did not print nicely, so I have to redo that piece in a different orientation.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirty Dee View Post
                          some Elbee and Radar-Guy parts printed with a 0.3mm nozzle and 0.15mm layer height in ABS. The cockpit coaming did not print nicely, so I have to redo that piece in a different orientation.
                          DD, Which version or STL File? I want to repair it. Also, Your prints look Outstanding, Sir. Bravo Zulu! Best, LB
                          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Thanks!

It was radar guys coaming. I am rotating it 90 degrees to print similar to the A10 coaming I made. I think that should do.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirty Dee View Post
                              Thanks!

It was radar guys coaming. I am rotating it 90 degrees to print similar to the A10 coaming I made. I think that should do.
                              DD, I have not checked if the Front IP fits Radar-Guy's shroud/coaming. I z-cut and printed his coaming in 2 parts vertically. To fit on the OEM part, the foam is removed that is forward of the Front IP, the way I understand it. Print was okay, though thicker in profile. Might check that. Best, LB
                              ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• More of the parts

Comment

• Help! Okay 3DP gang, I need some advise. My poorer prints were most definitely due to my old 'worn' .4mm nozzle. I changed it out yesterday for a new .4mm and it's all good, BUT I also bought some other sized nozzles and just had to try the .3mm. This morning I am printing the F-18C Front IP (some more) with the .3mm and I want some recommendations on slicer settings. I own a Prusa i3 Mk3 ("S" Upgrade is in the mail, WooHoo!) I thought there were "Presets" in the Prusa PE slicer app, but if those are there, I didn't find 'em. I looked on the interwebb-thingie but the advise seems vague, i.e., %s vs diameter etc., with little explanation. So has anyone some experience here with the 'advanced and expert' settings for detailed prints with a .3mm nozzle? I'd appreciate some preset for PLA, but ABS works, too. Thanks in advance. Best, LB
                                  ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• DD are those the parts you are printing for me??

Comment

DD are those the parts you are printing for me??
                                      Yes. They should be arriving by Friday I think.

Comment

• What am I doing wrong guys? Every time I try to download the stl file it shows up as a http file and when o try to open it says something about not being allowed to be hobby squawk. I gues the more direct question is “what are the steps to download the files. Thanks for the help. About to order the Freewing 90mm F-18 and want to be ready when it arrives.

Comment

• Yes, DD I saw your P/M and checked the tracking number. I'll send you the other files that were published after I sent those parts to be made. I'll send you copies of the last few files I want tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                                          X