X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post

Q, The Ejection Seat itself or everything related to the Ejection Seat, i.e., Headrest, Frame, etcetera? Best, LB

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture3.JPG
Views:	746
Size:	20.3 KB
ID:	266398Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0113.JPG
Views:	720
Size:	61.0 KB
ID:	266399Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0112.JPG
Views:	752
Size:	51.0 KB
ID:	266400
    Hi Elbee,

if possible, all that is in the green/black picture, please. Thank you very much - I really do appreciate that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Quax View Post
      Hi Elbee, if possible, all that is in the green/black picture, please. Thank you very much - I really do appreciate that.
      Q, No problem. I will send you a PM with those STL files tomorrow, Wednesday. Best, LB
      I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
      ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Hey All, Alpha is broadcasting 'LIVE" on twitch TV app. We need at least 50 people to subscribe (It's Free) and tune in on Tuesday evenings at 9:00pm Eastern Time to watch Alpha design using AutoDesk Fusion 360. Even if you are not into CAD or 3DP it's worth the watch. Very informative, the occasional Easter Egg, and it's great to see other Squawkers there. Tune in and subscribe. Just do it!! Best, LB
        ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Agreed, Elbee. Hobbyists won't want to miss these Twitch streams by Alpha. He is taking time out of his day to provide incredible education and useful tips for us all, so let's support him by subscribing, watching, and participating on his Twitch channel and Live streams.

Check the thread linked below for further information:

Comment

• After much research regarding filament type, I came to the conclusion that PETG was the filament that seemed to check all the boxes of characteristics I was looking for. I have been printing with PETG (specifically Prusament) for several weeks and it has been printing exceptional especially on a textured bed. The parts are resilient and the quality is great.

Now, all these previous parts I have made have not been used outdoors, but the parts I will be making soon will be used outdoors. One of the characteristics of PETG that appealed to me was its higher resilience to temperature (higher than PLA for example, yet lower than ABS and PC) and its rather non brittle nature and relative ease of printing without an enclosure and a lot of fumes. Hopefully PETG printed parts will be reliable outdoors on RC aircraft, which is primarily what I'd like to use it for.

For those of you who have used PETG, among many other filament types, how well have your 3D printed parts held up outdoors in the sun (even in summer temps.) in comparison to other filaments? This could be any detail parts for RC aircraft, such as tailcones, antennas, wheel covers, etc.

Comment

• I have a printed wing part in my truck been in there for a year or so now. Even in 110° weather its held up inside the truck. Not even a hint of deformation.

Comment

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
                I have a printed wing part in my truck been in there for a year or so now. Even in 110° weather its held up inside the truck. Not even a hint of deformation.
                Fantastic, thanks Rifleman.

Comment

• As long as it's kept out of direct sunlight, it should be fine. I store all my planes in the garage, and a lot of them have PLA parts. No issues, and it can get up to 130° in there on really hot days. Thankfully I have a mini fridge for my lipos.
                  Pat

Comment

• Ha-ha, thanks Pat. I'll definitely keep them out of sun as much as possible.

What I would really love is if all my RC stuff was stored in an air conditioned room. Hopefully in the future.

Comment

• Hey,

does anybody know a STL file for a typical russian jet pilot bust with the special helmet? I dont like the always same pilot in most eastern and western jet aircrafts of freewing. Thanks

Name:	MiG-31_exercises_May_2017_%282%29.jpg
Views:	567
Size:	298.5 KB
ID:	269238
                      Attached Files

Comment

• Did this site go away?

Comment

• I'm still hear. Enjoying my 1:6.5 L-39. also making progress with my T-2A buckeye

Comment

• Been working on and printing files for the new Mig-29. At an event this week, so will post up the files next week after everything checks out.
                            Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by walkerm45 View Post
                              Did this site go away?
                              WM, I am still printing and modding my Freewing F-18C. It's a hobby, right? Best, LB
                              ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by spook View Post
                                Hey,

does anybody know a STL file for a typical russian jet pilot bust with the special helmet? I dont like the always same pilot in most eastern and western jet aircrafts of freewing. Thanks

Name:	MiG-31_exercises_May_2017_%282%29.jpg
Views:	567
Size:	298.5 KB
ID:	269238
                                If you don't mind paying, check CG Trader. There's at least on contributor there that does pilot figures. Don't recall if he had a jet pilot thought. The files run around $35 US.

Comment

• If you writing about Max Grueter's https://www.cgtrader.com/maxgrueter & https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1761697 work on cdtrader; I have purchased a few of his designs and those are great. I have used his Jet Pilot body on both my F-4 and F-18. Very scalable and simple to mod. I have his RAF and Mustang pilots and the B-17 Crush Cap heads. Anyway, well worth the price of admission IMHO. Best, LB

Name:	IMG_0276.JPG
Views:	490
Size:	104.1 KB
ID:	277411
                                  ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Yes, found the Designer aswell and put him a message willing to buy a russian jet pilot ;) but no answer yet

Comment

• I started working on a Receiver and/or Gyro Platform (there's room for both) yesterday just for fun and I used the Freewing Avanti S as a test bed. Since I'm still new to 3D design and printing, fun random custom designs are great practice for me.

I designed it to be secured with four screws and therefore easily removable, and it uses the same size screws that the battery tray uses. The rear of the platform sits against the front of the battery tray lip for a bit of added security. The unit sits over the control board, so it cleans up the look and the wiring reaches rather easily. The rear screw holes allow easy access with a screwdriver from the top cutouts.

I printed and installed the platform this morning, and it fits well in the Avanti. I haven't checked for fitment in other aircraft, but it would obviously depend upon the battery compartment dimensions and location of various components.

I'm not sure if anyone would even want this available to them , but if so, I can consider uploading it to Thingiverse or another site for download. An alternative RX/Gyro platform isn't difficult to design, but if it saves people time by printing mine then that's a positive thing.
                                      Attached Files

Comment

• T-CAT, great work, Sir. You have me thinking about a better arrangement for the F-18. I would like to move all the PnP items lower in the groove and move the battery tray aft and use the battery better for CG. I just dislike the idea of adding 'dead weight' to achieve proper CG. Possibly some type of threaded adjustable tray where the battery is fixed to the tray and only the tray is moved. Could be reinventing the wheel, however. Best, LB
                                        ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• I did something similar for my Graupner receivers. And the new Mig even has a wood tray already glued into the forward section so it was easy to secure. I made these mainly for my turbines, but works good for the foamies too!

Name:	Graupner RX Mounts.jpg
Views:	873
Size:	220.7 KB
ID:	278214

Name:	DSCN5613.JPG
Views:	837
Size:	70.9 KB
ID:	278215
                                          Pat

Comment