Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elbee, I'm a picker from way back and have plenty of different size strings, sounds like a set of slinkys will do the job. I have had good look re-sizing, but maintaining critical elements, like the hinge point..... I too use the Prusaslicer, most of the time, as there slicer is the easiest, next to simplify3D.

I will let you know how it works out......BM

Comment

• The buckeye flies

Comment

• Hey DirtyDee,

What happened to all the ordinance you had on thingiverse? I went looking on there today and it looks like it's no longer available?

Comment

• Originally posted by ticketec View Post
          Hey DirtyDee,

What happened to all the ordinance you had on thingiverse? I went looking on there today and it looks like it's no longer available?
          TT, I can't speak for Dirty Dee, however, if you will type Freewing into the Thingiverse Search Bar, there are many downloads for ordinance. If you want just DD's files, you might check cults3d.com for his other files. On that site, some are free and some are purchase. Best, LB
          I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
          ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• ticketec I migrated my STLs over to Cults3D as I was tired of how boggy thingiverse was acting. If there is something I forgot to re-upload just le me know and I'll get it re-hosted.

Comment

• Awesome, thanks guys. DD's ordinance is the best! And the A330... just awesome!!

I wanted to see if you had done some ASRAAM's for a hornet project I have.

And when your in the mood to release a KC-30 MRTT tanker mod kit for your A330 you let me know!!!! I can help

Comment

• Hello Printers, Quick update on the "LB 3DP Flightline 1600mm Corsair Cockpit" designs. Finding accurate documentation is the hardest, at least for me anyway. Reading Guyton's book "Whistling Death" on the Corsair's development, it seems to me design updates were integrated upon approval, so finding exactly what to replicate is a crapshoot sometimes. That actually works to my benefit. So, much like my F-18C cockpit this is going to be representative vs true to scale. Fitting design parts that are scale to basically a finished model is a compromise, but I digress. My goal is to work around the existing mold and achieve something that is better than nothing. Best, LB

~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Here is a small stl file for robart gear door brackets. Just incase anyone might need them.
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post
                    Hello Printers, Quick update on the "LB 3DP Flightline 1600mm Corsair Cockpit" designs. Finding accurate documentation is the hardest, at least for me anyway. Reading Guyton's book "Whistling Death" on the Corsair's development, it seems to me design updates were integrated upon approval, so finding exactly what to replicate is a crapshoot sometimes. That actually works to my benefit. So, much like my F-18C cockpit this is going to be representative vs true to scale. Fitting design parts that are scale to basically a finished model is a compromise, but I digress. My goal is to work around the existing mold and achieve something that is better than nothing. Best, LB
                    I believe it was Dave Platt who said, "It's better to look scale than to BE scale" :)

Comment

• Originally posted by CF-105 View Post
                      I believe it was Dave Platt who said, "It's better to look scale than to BE scale" :)
                      C1, ...and I think we can agree that he would know better than most. Best, LB
                      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Hello Printers, Quick update on the "LB 3DP Flightline 1600mm Corsair Cockpit" designs. Finding accurate documentation is the hardest, at least for me anyway. Reading Guyton's book "Whistling Death" on the Corsair's development, it seems to me design updates were integrated upon approval, so finding exactly what to replicate is a crapshoot sometimes. That actually works to my benefit. So, much like my F-18C cockpit this is going to be representative vs true to scale. Fitting design parts that are scale to basically a finished model is a compromise, but I digress. My goal is to work around the existing mold and achieve something that is better than nothing. Best, LB
                        Nice detail on the instrument panel!

Comment

• Originally posted by XFabricate View Post
                          Nice detail on the instrument panel!
                          XF, I thank you, Sir and a very hearty welcome to the Squawk.

The Forward IP is a modified Motion RC STL File that is provided on the Support pages of the Flightline 1600mm Corsair Warbird on the Motion RC website.

That STL file is available for free. So if you have access to a 3DP printer that one and several others were provided by Flightline to Motion.

Also, if you want check out some of the modded parts finished in the Official Flightline 1600 mm Corsair thread here in Hobby Squawk.

All my design files will be available for free once I have finished the build for those who wish to join me in the deep end.

Best, LB
                          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

All my design files will be available for free once I have finished the build for those who wish to join me in the deep end.
                            Best, LB
                            Deep End? Now that's a colossal understatement which mistakenly implies that if you are able to at least swim, you can navigate those waters. I maintain you have been traveling to distant universes using worm holes of your own design for some time now.
                            Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                            Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Elbee
                              Elbee commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Hugh, you crack me up, I mean seriously crack-me-up and I was a Certified Lifeguard for a couple summers in college. As for 'traveling to distant universes', well that sounds more like Alpha than me. Love Ya, Brother. Best, LB

• My next project is going to be a fun one! I made a smaller Ho-229 for slope gliding but adding an option for a prop/slot powerplant in the tail, and then will move on to the larger 1680mm wingspan for twin 50mm EDFs.

Comment

• 3.5RobartWheelInsertv6.zip

Printers & Corsair Fans, I have updated all files for the 3.5" Robart Corsair Wheel Insert. I have created a void in the inner hub to allow for a wheel collar or c-clip or whatever. My bad forgetting that detail. Additionally, I changed the inner rim design somewhat as to resemble more closely what I could see in the reference pictures I found. happy printing, building and flying. Best, LB

~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Whipped up a fancy nose antenna for an F7F project I'm working on. I'm also working on some drones to hang from the wing, but they aren't ready to show off yet.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20220129_122541_01.jpg
Views:	283
Size:	106.5 KB
ID:	336023

Comment

• Elbee
                                  Elbee commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  GT, Very Nice. Bravo Zulu, Sir. Best, LB

• Hi there! When printing a test project of 6mm holes and something is wrong. PLA, 200x50, nozzle 0.4. Printed on Anycubic. Straight lines of the substrate, as well as on parts without holes are is ok, covers and sides are even. Printing a model in the form of a ring with a diameter of 50mm and a wall of 1mm, the first layer without a substrate is also thin snot, then it is approximately aligned to the 3rd layer. On printing parts with holes with a diameter of 10-12mm, the bottom of the holes is skewed, and the top is perfect. What can cause such a defect?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	75.0 KB
ID:	348858

Comment

• Originally posted by Billy45 View Post
                                  Hi there! When printing a test project of 6mm holes and something is wrong What can cause such a defect?Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	75.0 KB
ID:	348858
                                  B4, Would like to see the STL view of your design; however, it appears there is a layer height or registry issue between the oval base and the top detail. Layer height cause could be the detail portion is not flush to the top of the base in the design. A good way to test this is to raise the height of the detail from 0.0-Z (heat bed) to the height it is meant to be and combine the parts. This way the detail will be embedded as a part of the base. If you've tried that or it was designed in this manner, you might reprint the design in a different area of your bed. You control that in your slicer program. Best, LB
                                  ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

B4, Would like to see the STL view of your design; however, it appears there is a layer height or registry issue between the oval base and the top detail. Layer height cause could be the detail portion is not flush to the top of the base in the design. A good way to test this is to raise the height of the detail from 0.0-Z (heat bed) to the height it is meant to be and combine the parts. This way the detail will be embedded as a part of the base. If you've tried that or it was designed in this manner, you might reprint the design in a different area of your bed. You control that in your slicer program. Best, LB
                                    Maybe over extrusion as well?

Comment

• Elbee
                                      Elbee commented
                                      Editing a comment
                                      Yeppers.

• Here is my 3D printed Horten IX (Ho-229). 1680mm wingspan. Flies close to 5 minutes on a 3700mAH 4S with twin 50mm EDFs

Comment

Working...
                                    X