Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You are going to love what you can make now, Thingiverse is your next site to explore. R.
    AMA 424553

Comment

• It really is extraordinary! There is so much in the 3D Printing world. I'm already amazed and impressed.

Comment

• Originally posted by T-CAT View Post
        After about 4 months the 3D printer has finally arrived. Click image for larger version

Name:	20200703_124351.jpg
Views:	651
Size:	159.2 KB
ID:	262641
        TC, Welcome to the "New Frontier". I understand the Prusa Mini is a great printer and Prusa Slicer has amazing capabilities. Looking forward to seeing your designs and prints. Best, LB
        I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
        ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
        ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post

TC, Welcome to the "New Frontier". I understand the Prusa Mini is a great printer and Prusa Slicer has amazing capabilities. Looking forward to seeing your designs and prints. Best, LB
          Thank you, sir! I'm very happy to be a part of the 3D Printing community and look forward to learning a lot. Your designs, Dirty Dee, and many others are inspirational.

Comment

• Gave some new teeth to my FMS Hawker Typhoon today with some 3D printed rockets. Really improved the appearance, a clean Typhoon just doesn’t look complete!

Comment

• Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post
              Gave some new teeth to my FMS Hawker Typhoon today with some 3D printed rockets. Really improved the appearance, a clean Typhoon just doesn’t look complete!
              Looks awesome!

Comment

• Originally posted by T-CAT View Post

Looks awesome!
                Thanks T-Cat! Just need some Panzers to hunt down now! Might also mess around with working on some inner gear doors next.

Comment

• Hi everybody,

I just discovered this site. Have been mostly on A10, OV10, and the new OV10 from Flightline threads. I started 3DPing about 4 years ago, with a Wanhao D6, then my research took me to the Prusa I3Mk3. Excellent printer. Later converted to the MK3S configuration... Very few problems, but can be limited on size of part printed. You get comfortable slicing and dicing stl files. The hard part is putting them back together....

I decided to purchase a Creality Ender 5 Plus so that I can print larger parts without slicing..... Turned out to be a good choice, but as with any new 'baby", you go through the teething problems... My first choice for appropriate parts is the I3 MK3S.

I have printed the large F86, I also printed an 80% version for an 80mm fan, additionally, the Mig15. I've printed their Spitfire, which have utilized a number of components from the Flighline 63" Spit. I've printed DD's A10 cockpit and components, his A380 Airbus, and he sold me the stl files for exhaust stacks for the large OV-10 Bronco. I have printed most of the pilot figures available on the internet. 'worth printing'. It has been a wonderful adjunct to my RC Hobbies of 60 years.... and I look forward to future projects, including this thread..... Bronco Mike

ps currently printing an 48" Elco PT Boat, I have a small lake a couple miles from my home....

Comment

• walkerm45 Welcome [back] Bronco Mike! Dirty Dee is one of the king printers around here, that's for certain.

Please consider creating a discussion thread for your PT Boat! I'd love to learn more about your process and outfitting.

https://www.hobbysquawk.com/forum/rc...y-and-warships

I've only dabbled in very small 3D printed boats, working my way up to something more interesting

Click image for larger version

Name:	O1CN01qB5R9l1if6gL58nq6_!!274114439.jpg
Views:	557
Size:	75.2 KB
ID:	263133

Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Thank you for the welcome Alpha, Great looking Tug.....

The Elco Pt Boat is what precipitated the purchase of the Ender 5 Plus. I purchased the stl files on Cgtrader. Excellent project. I tried slicing up the larger Hull parts, which typically ended with 4 separate files, from the 1 file that could be printed on the larger printer. AS you can imagine, the joints were difficult, but manageable. But we all know that 2 printers are better than 1, and 2 model boats are 4 times the fun.....

I'll include some WIP pics the next time.... Bronco Mike

Comment

• walkerm45 Yes, welcome [back], Mike. Please post pics as you are able. Very interested in your project. Best, Steve
                        ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Will do Steve....

I'll get some pics together of the Pt Boat, and some other projects in some stage of work. For those interested, I put together DD's files from the A10 cockpit, which are excellent, with a mechanism to operate the canopy with a 9 grm servo, that is a separate story by itself... anyway later, Mike

Comment

• Here are some pics of the Elco Boat It was printed on an I3 Mk3SClick image for larger version  Name:	20200612_171947.jpg Views:	0 Size:	125.4 KB ID:	263238Click image for larger version  Name:	20200612_171229.jpg Views:	0 Size:	138.0 KB ID:	263239Click image for larger version  Name:	20200612_171217.jpg Views:	0 Size:	141.8 KB ID:	263240Click image for larger version  Name:	20200612_171307.jpg Views:	0 Size:	153.9 KB ID:	263241Click image for larger version  Name:	20200612_171242.jpg Views:	0 Size:	170.6 KB ID:	263242
                            Attached Files

Comment

• walkerm45, Your print work looks great. Is that 'PLA'? Did you use Prusa PE for your slicer? Any odd problems with the print? Best, LB
                              ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Yes it was sliced on Prusa's slicer software, can't go wrong. After using many different 'Maker Names', my preference for all around quality, and repeatability, is Hatchbox . Finding a fallback has been the problem lately. As of now, I am using Solutech. So far, so good.....

The design of the Pt Boat lends itself to a printer that has a large printing area, and able to also function in fine detail. I'm talking about a Prusa Printer that does not, currently, exist. And so my answer is i3MK3S for detail, and a Creality Ender 5 Plus for large prints. The distinction being the E5 Plus only, for large prints. 350x350x400 mm. Ender 5 Plus is packaged with a Cura derivative slicer, that so far has worked good. I generally am not a fan of Cura, but this version works good. Somebody put some work into the matching of the 2 products, and that requires recognition, just as Prusa has put real life into 'Slic3r Software', for it's products.....Mike

Comment

• Mike, I am a Prusa i3Mk3 Fan Boy for sure and understand a larger print base printer is in development, though it is not a priority. Like you, I have found Hatchbox PLA to be an outstanding product. As for availability, I was sent an email offer from HatchBox on June 22nd, that offered 10 packs of PLA for $169.99USD, but couldn't justify buying 10 rolls. In any event, HB will have product back in stock ASAP through Amazon and if you're not particular about PLA colors, there are some choices available now for shipment mid-July. Happy Printing. Best, Steve
                                  ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Has this site shut down?

Comment

• walkerm45, I don't think so, but some features are inoperable this morning. I have posted to a couple of threads, but no 'smilies', or 'Quotes' or Comments. Best, LB
                                      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Elbee
                                        Would you mind reposting the STLs for the ejection seat, please? I walked through this thread but many links are invalid now or attachments became unavailable. Great work on your designs btw - I really do like them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Quax View Post
                                          Elbee
                                          Would you mind reposting the STLs for the ejection seat, please? I walked through this thread but many links are invalid now or attachments became unavailable. Great work on your designs btw - I really do like them.
                                          Q, The Ejection Seat itself or everything related to the Ejection Seat, i.e., Headrest, Frame, etcetera? Best, LB

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture3.JPG
Views:	751
Size:	20.3 KB
ID:	266398Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0113.JPG
Views:	726
Size:	61.0 KB
ID:	266399Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0112.JPG
Views:	757
Size:	51.0 KB
ID:	266400
                                          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Working...
                                          X