Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks Jerry for coverin' my 6. Needed that. Did you pick up an F-18C by the way? I know a guy who knows a guy that'll get into a cockpit set for little to nothin'. Best, Steve
    I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
    ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• I do have the 18! If Motion released it, I got it.

Comment

• The big airliner is ordered and just got the new racer P-51 too. Just no time to play right now! too busy...

Comment

• Okay Lads and Ladies, Here are the STL Files for the LB Non-Ejection Seat for your Freewing F/a-18C. My prints fit very well, so I don't foresee any probs, but as always let me know here if you have an issue, particularly overall height with the canopy in place. I did print the Seat and Headrest with support from "Everywhere" when I sliced it, using default PLA settings on all. Please note, I did NOT print these in one print, though you all know how to print so 'do that thing you always do'. Best, LB

[ATTACH]n218647[/ATTACH]

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture LB Ejection Seat.JPG
Views:	948
Size:	148.2 KB
ID:	218648
          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Hey Y'all, I wanted you to know that the F-18C Canopy Rails (Actually Canopy SILLS, though these are listed in the File Sets are rails) have a notch at the IP and those were used as a measurement to the aft end for the design, a reference for lack of a better term. For fit purposes, those will need to be marked and trimmed for the OEM shroud to fit back into place. So DRY FIT all the parts and place those where you want those to live before commiting. It also solves myriad issues with IP fit. Best, LB

Click image for larger version  Name:	Canopy Rails Notch.JPG Views:	0 Size:	109.7 KB ID:	218657
            ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Great work there Elbee !! Well thought out break downs and printing manners so they can be done viably and well.
              I think the set of items you have posted are missing the rear cockpit 'mesh' section? It is in your pic just above, but not in the STL of the file set. Maybe taken out to be a separate part later? Or there is a new 'complete' Canopy Rails part to come still ?
              Painting the myriad of details will be a big task on its own! LOL
              Thanks for sharing that hard work/time you have made!

Comment

• Originally posted by PeterVHS View Post
                Great work there Elbee !! Well thought out break downs and printing manners so they can be done viably and well.
                I think the set of items you have posted are missing the rear cockpit 'mesh' section? It is in your pic just above, but not in the STL of the file set. Maybe taken out to be a separate part later? Or there is a new 'complete' Canopy Rails part to come still ?
                Painting the myriad of details will be a big task on its own! LOL
                Thanks for sharing that hard work/time you have made!
                PVHS, I'll run a complete check of parts comparison tomorrow. As you might guess, when designing and test printing one gathers many files. I've written a parts list, but not compared that to STL files I have posted. I have another set to post, as well. Thanks for heads up and of course the 'devil is in those details'. Looking forward to seeing painted cockpits, as I have yet to start my own work. Best, LB
                ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• LB, great work. I'm still working on mine. If anyone is interested I will share my canopy bow design. It shouldn't be a big deal to add it to your cockpit.

Frank

Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Radar-Guy View Post
                    LB, great work. I'm still working on mine. If anyone is interested I will share my canopy bow design. It shouldn't be a big deal to add it to your cockpit.Frank
                    RG, Radar-Guy, Yeppers, I am very interested! I started designing one on Saturday, and frankly so far, yours looks better. LOL. Would like to print your design. Best, LB
                    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Hornet Owners' Society, This STL File attachment is a few small bits and the "Pit Mesh" which I had forgotten to include in an earlier file. I had printed the Joystick vertically with "Support Everywhere" BUT it's a pain to clean without breaking. So, iffin' I was y'all, I print it in another plane. Let us all know. The pic are the parts in Set 7. The list is all that I have built thus far and will post the remaining parts once I get the Throttle Handle to print without looking like a blob of filament. LOL. Best, LB

Zip Freewing F-18C 11th Scale Cockpit STL Files Set 7.zip

Click image for larger version  Name:	Zip 7.JPG Views:	0 Size:	162.1 KB ID:	218894 Click image for larger version

Name:	F-18 STL File List.JPG
Views:	606
Size:	42.6 KB
ID:	218895
                      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Freewing F/a 18C Owners' Society et al, This is the last set of STL Files (#8) for the LB Cockpit Set. These are small parts for the Non-Ejection Seat; parachute straps, Cylinder for the Frame, Filler Panel for the Front Frame between the seat and headrest. All are mostly 'window dressing' but fun nonetheless, I think. Note: "X-ed Out" part is not required and there is not an STL File for it. Very much looking forward to seeing some of your prints and reading some critiques/comments, either good or bad. Happy Printing, Lads & Lassies. Best, LB

[ATTACH]n218907[/ATTACH]

Name:	Small Parts LB Cockpit Set.JPG
Views:	557
Size:	119.6 KB
ID:	218908
                        ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post

RG, Radar-Guy, Yeppers, I am very interested! I started designing one on Saturday, and frankly so far, yours looks better. LOL. Would like to print your design. Best, LB
                          Here are the files for the canopy bow plus mirror (print 3) and handles (print 2).

Attached Files

Comment

Here are the files for the canopy bow plus mirror (print 3) and handles (print 2).
                            Frank, You are a gentleman. I thank you, Sir. Best, Steve
                            ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• QUOTE=Elbee;n218924]

Frank, You are a gentleman. I thank you, Sir. Best, Steve[/QUOTE]

It's my pleasure, Steve. Here is another file you may want to look at. It replaces the stock coaming and accepts 'my' HUD. I'd like to check how your HUD fits into it, but my printer is currently u/s. Perhaps you could check and I will adjust the "HUD tray" accordingly.

Click image for larger version  Name:	coaming.jpg Views:	0 Size:	58.8 KB ID:	218932

Comment

QUOTE=Elbee;n218924]

Frank, You are a gentleman. I thank you, Sir. Best, Steve
                                It's my pleasure, Steve. Here is another file you may want to look at. It replaces the stock coaming and accepts 'my' HUD. I'd like to check how your HUD fits into it, but my printer is currently u/s. Perhaps you could check and I will adjust the "HUD tray" accordingly.[/ATTACH][/QUOTE]

Frank, Unreal gorgeous. Great minds think alike is all I can say. I'm just finishing a partial shroud replacement to fit my HUD base. Yep, I'll give it try. Also, I am working an enhanced version of the "Tub" that takes up more space in the Cockpit and less space in the Battery area. A bit closer to scale-look as a benefit. Just hadn't looked at that CAD file for awhile. Post something when I can. Best, LB

Name:	F18 Shroud Capture.JPG
Views:	578
Size:	121.7 KB
ID:	218961Click image for larger version

Name:	F18 Tub Enhanced Capture.JPG
Views:	533
Size:	117.5 KB
ID:	218962
                                ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Please Note: 15/11 1600 CST. The STL File for the Canopy Bow is being modded for a better fit to the foam. See Post #773. Back ASAP. Best, LB
                                  Please Note: These STL FIles "Set 10a" have been corrected as of 14/11 12 00 CST to include the parts shown. Best, LB

Okie Dokie, Gents & Gentlewomen, These are some more Freewing F-18C Cockpit STL Files, read Set 10a, see 10b in the next post, the parts are the Forward Canopy Frame which turned out to be quite a collaborative effort between Radar-Guy and myself. I would like to see more of this in the 3DP Community. RG shared a file with me and I twisted it a bit, he approved it, and "Viola" we all benefit. The part can be built either as a whole or in separate pieces, nifty, huh! Enjoy. Best, LB

Click image for larger version  Name:	Set 10s.JPG Views:	27 Size:	104.1 KB ID:	219252
                                  ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Hello Some-more Hornet Owners, This is Set 10b (See 10a in previous post) for the Freewing F-18C and contains the "Modified Tub", If you've already printed the v1, no sweat, as this part only adds a deck behind the Ejection Seat and lowers the center supports for the Front IPwhich adds some forward space in the OEM battery compartment (Note: The v1 does not require different batteries, there is room there) and slightly lowers the center support for the Front IP and Lower Center IP as these are 2 parts. IF needed you can easily 'clip' these your self as the tolerance is close. I will also post the shortened, LH RH Console IPs as two additional files as these are large and cannot be sent in one single file. Any questions/comments, please post those here. Best, LB

Zip Freewing F-18C 11th Scale Cockpit STL Files Set 10b.zip

Click image for larger version  Name:	F18 Tub Enhanced Capture.JPG Views:	0 Size:	117.5 KB ID:	219257
                                    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• F-18C Hornet Owners' Society, This set, Set 10c contains the LH/RH Console IPs that have been shortened in length to fit the "Tub v2". Confused? Well I am. Anyway, trust me if you print Tub v2 you'll want these or you'll be cutting the others, which is fine. Send some pictures of your prints and builds. Best, LB

[ATTACH]n219259[/ATTACH]

Name:	LH RH Shortened Console IPs.JPG
Views:	528
Size:	84.9 KB
ID:	219260
                                      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Ooh, just in time! I'll print these tonight. Thanks, Elbee!
                                        Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• I have just commissioned Dirty Dee from RC Groups to do all the previous parts listed. I guess I will have to go back to him and get these done; no biggie........ I can't wait to get my hands on them! My thanks to you to LE.

Comment

Working...
                                          X