• I had to hit the one tuft of grass on the runway with the nose gear

Comment

• Got the F86 up

Comment

• Congrats!

Comment

• Does anyone have the files for the nose strut for the A4 and AvantiS

Comment

• flight video of the A333 from last weekend.

Comment

• Was that the nose wheel popping off?

Comment

• Yup! the tuft of grass was big enough to shear off my nose strut. I need to reprint a small part, but I am honestly glad that the strut was the weakest link.

If the strut was more robust, There could have been a transfer of force into the fuselage, and possibly do more damage.

Take another look at the last photo i posted, you can see the lower strut with the wheels departing in the left side of the picture.

Comment

• Ah yes! I see it! A plus note, the PT17 is finished up too!

Comment

• Also got the paint on the f86 today. Much brighter color so hopefully it doesn't soak in so much sun heat

Comment

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
                      Also got the paint on the f86 today. Much brighter color so hopefully it doesn't soak in so much sun heat
                      Far Out Man! You are your own Producer....Freedom!!!! The future is here......

Comment

• Its fun to do, printing, building, and of course flying.

Comment

• My first successful print with PETG on my new A5S printer, had some minor strings but otherwise extremely pleased with the results. Even with the small details, didnt even phase it. Excited to keep experimenting with this stuff. :)

Comment

• RMBTX, Will you be printing any Airframes with the PETG? If so, what's the advantage? Best, LB
                            I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                            ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                            ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Heat resistant, its just as good as ABS in resisting the heat

Comment

• And this is the beginning of the 75" corsair

Comment

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
                                  Heat resistant, its just as good as ABS in resisting the heat
                                  RM, Ah, it's elementary. The performance of ABS at lower print temps, maybe? Best, LB
                                  ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Kudos to all of you that have the talent to turn this stuff out! I truly wish I had the time to learn, but life gets in the way. Perhaps when my last is out of HS (2 years left) I will be able to tinker with something like this. I am just happy when I get some time to fly anymore. Anyway, is there anyone on here that offers a printing service? I have the 90mm F!8C on the way and would love to load her out. Extras for the F4 are also on my wish list. Any help or info would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bogietrim View Post
                                      Kudos to all of you that have the talent to turn this stuff out! I truly wish I had the time to learn, but life gets in the way. Perhaps when my last is out of HS (2 years left) I will be able to tinker with something like this. I am just happy when I get some time to fly anymore. Anyway, is there anyone on here that offers a printing service? I have the 90mm F!8C on the way and would love to load her out. Extras for the F4 are also on my wish list. Any help or info would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
                                      BT, Can't assist yet with your F/A 18C, though there are STL files on the MotionRC Support Page for the Phreewing PH-4 Phantom. Also, I posted some STL files on the F-4 3DPUP Forum and somewhere in this forum that you are free to use. As for a Printing Service, I only know of "The RCGeek" and he, too, has 'goodies' available for sale for the Freewing F-4. I'll be home in a couple of weeks, if you'll jot down and remember to send me a PM then, I might have some spares around from my Phantom build. We could work something out there, perhaps. Anyway, best of luck on the Hornet 3DP parts and if you find 3DP printable goodies, please post those in this and the F/A 18C forum. Thanks, LB
                                      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post

BT, Can't assist yet with your F/A 18C, though there are STL files on the MotionRC Support Page for the Phreewing PH-4 Phantom. Also, I posted some STL files on the F-4 3DPUP Forum and somewhere in this forum that you are free to use. As for a Printing Service, I only know of "The RCGeek" and he, too, has 'goodies' available for sale for the Freewing F-4. I'll be home in a couple of weeks, if you'll jot down and remember to send me a PM then, I might have some spares around from my Phantom build. We could work something out there, perhaps. Anyway, best of luck on the Hornet 3DP parts and if you find 3DP printable goodies, please post those in this and the F/A 18C forum. Thanks, LB
                                        Thanks for the response, I appreciate it. I will take a look at his web site, thanks. I am really looking for some scale ordnance. However, it looks like printing your own parts is the wave of the future and will be incorporated into more and more of these planes. Might have to really consider getting a printer. Start with a small one and work up should I really get into it. Thanks again.

Comment

• Found a nicely detailed blackbird on thingiverse, scaled it to 120% and plan to paint for some workshop decoration

Comment

Working...
                                          X