Motion RC Gift Cards - The Perfect Gift!

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official 3DP Thread

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks Steve and LB! Hmm.. maybe something to consider with some left over tinted plastic.

Comment

• Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post
      Thanks Steve and LB! Hmm.. maybe something to consider with some left over tinted plastic.
      I got to lookin' even on Thingiverse and have little success. Found a couple examples, though these are full size and when I scaled to 25% as a test, there is just not enough left to print. I will probably try to design something, but it may be that 'the old fashioned way' might be the best. I'll post anything that looks plausible. Best, LB
      I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
      ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post

Would like to see some pictures, please. I've been looking at printing some architectural and topography items. I think all of those would be good exercises in design-to-print. Best, LB
        LB here are some
        Attached Files
        AMA 424553

Comment

• Had posted pic
          AMA 424553

Comment

• Originally posted by RRHandy View Post
            LB here are some
            RRH, Those are great! As a little kid, 5 or 6, I was given a "Panels & Girders" Set. It was plastic girders that connected at the corners and I built bridges for my Lionel train, inner structural buildings and so on. Those types of structures are something I'd like to design and build with the 3D tech. Thank you for the pictures. Best, LB
            ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Prowler901 View Post
              That's awesome! Is that HO scale?
              Yes indeed it is

Comment

• RM, Are still doing most of the printing with PETG? And if so, what is your opinion of PETG v PLA/ABS? Best, LB
                ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Petg is really good, but the flex is alittle too much for aircraft use, it's kinda like mid weight without any framework.

Comment

• Hello 3DP Dudes and Dudettes,

Are your Freewing Hinge Slots 'naked'? Do you suffer from 'unnecessary cavity ridicule'? Or are you just frustrated about filling those gaps?
                    Well here's your answer: The untried and never tested "Acme Hinge Slot Filler".

Happy printing and don't forget to add "Supports from the Build Plate Only" in your Slic3r.

."Yes, It actually works!" said LB.

ZIP Freewing Hinge Covers.zip

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0180.JPG Views:	110 Size:	72.6 KB ID:	232114Click image for larger version  Name:	Freewing Hinge Covers.JPG Views:	85 Size:	171.6 KB ID:	232116
                    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Thanks LB
                      AMA 424553

Comment

• Solid Marketing Elbee.

I'm in progress of modeling a 90mm T-2A buckeye for my first composite mold (1/7.5 scale , 1550mm wingspan). It's got me thinking if I should do a tandem project and also design one for 3d printing

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirty Dee View Post
                          It's got me thinking if I should do a tandem project and also design one for 3d printing
                          DD, I would think it's a given. Just to put things in perspective, you're designing flying airframes and I'm fillin' holes...nuff said. Best, LB
                          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• LB are you still planning on doing colored light covers for the F-18 tail??

Comment

• Originally posted by Dustman View Post
                              LB are you still planning on doing colored light covers for the F-18 tail??
                              DM, Yes, though I have not found a lens that would be available to all. I might 'cast' a test part in acrylic, but would prefer to use 'off the shelf' items. I should look on MotionRC and see if they have lenses that would work. If you find something, let me know. Easier to design when I know what parts I'm using. LOL. Best, LB
                              ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• This thing is showing its size! A bit more filler, spot primering, and sanding but I am almost done with the messiest part of the build.

Comment

• BUFF BUFF BUFF some more, my sanding monkey!!! SAND!!!! Gosh, dude, I feel you Bro.... Done over 400 builds in 36 years!!! Do the math on that ****!!! LOL That is why I love the foamies now... I still owe you my X cell spreadsheet of my birds in the box!!!

Comment

• Awesome job though... I was going to get a printer last year at this time, but spent the money on ammo and beer!!! Maybe

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post
                                      Awesome job though... I was going to get a printer last year at this time, but spent the money on ammo and beer!!! Maybe
                                      lol, I was almost the opposite, meant to spend money on ammo and a new gun but spent it on RC planes

Comment

• Hahaha yeah that's how mine went too, I need to get some ammo and a couple guns too. I need a good .308 bolt gun.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirty Dee View Post
                                          This thing is showing its size! A bit more filler, spot primering, and sanding but I am almost done with the messiest part of the build.
                                          Hey Dirty Dee.... Apologies if this is obvious?? but is the L-39 3D printed ? Thank man an Looking forward to seeing you at Jet Jam and FV!!
                                          Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

Working...
                                          X