Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Started work on the hornet. Thanks Elbee. Resin printing the small detail stuff. Click image for larger version

Name:	640ED45C-48E5-4874-BC5F-842B28154CF1.jpeg
Views:	635
Size:	101.1 KB
ID:	256669

Comment

• Originally posted by Rcfiddy1 View Post
      Started work on the hornet. Thanks Elbee. Resin printing the small detail stuff. Click image for larger version

Name:	640ED45C-48E5-4874-BC5F-842B28154CF1.jpeg
Views:	635
Size:	101.1 KB
ID:	256669
      RF, I always wanted to see those parts in a "resin print"!!! Awesome. Looks great... Which SLR do you own/use? Best, LB
      I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
      ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Its a cheap Orange30 by longer with ABS like resin from elegoo. Still learning how to do this resin stuff.

Comment

• Finally got around to resin printing all the parts thanks to LB.
          Attached Files

Comment

• Here are some extra parts I had printed I don't need. I'm giving away for free. All you would have to do is pay postage. If any one is interested just PM me.
            Attached Files

Comment

• LB the instrument panel Rcfiddy1 using is the one I have in my cockpit..... I like...

Comment

• Dustman, Yes I'd say Rcfiddy1's IP looks very familiar. Great work to both of you. It's nice when others like the same detail work that I like, if that makes sense. It's gratifying for me to see some of my design work out there in the hobby. It is really a testament to how far this hobby has progressed since 1980 when I started building my first trainer, a Top Flite Headmaster Sport .40 by Ken Willard powered by an OS .40 FSR ABC and 2nd hand Futaba (beige box) 6 channel. I was livin' the dream. Broke it a half a dozen times and it seems to fly better the heavier it got, but I digress. Looking forward to more pictures from both of you guys. Best, LB
                ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Comment

• Got most my painting completed but had some bad moments due to paint wrinkling and paint peeling from the frog tape. My punishment for trying to be lazy with rattle cans instead of a airbrush

pulled the canopies with my vacuum former and working to complete the office and get it flying again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirty Dee View Post
                      Got most my painting completed pulled the canopies with my vacuum former and working to complete the office and get it flying again.
                      DD, Absolutely Fabulous. Question: Did you buy or build a vacuum forming machine? Would like to add one to my small arsenal of construction. Again, Bravo Zulu. Best, LB
                      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post

DD, Absolutely Fabulous. Question: Did you buy or build a vacuum forming machine? Would like to add one to my small arsenal of construction. Again, Bravo Zulu. Best, LB
                        I built my own box with some wood, MDF, and weather stripping. drilled a grid of holes for the base, and have a hole on the side of the box for a vacuum to press-fit into.

The frame that holds the plastic sheets is also made from MDF. I use my kitchen oven to heat the sheets, and just prop the frame up on 4 corner with mason jars as the plastic sheet sags ~3 inches by the time its ready to be pulled out for forming.

Comment

• Elbee
                          Elbee commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Most excellent. I like it and thanks.

• My Prusa has been getting a real workout lately. Printed up a T-33 cockpit for one guy, then D's A-10 cockpit and other scale details for another guy. I've also finally started delving into Fusion 360 and making some parts for a 1/8 scale Saab Draken that some friends and I are working on (using the molds that were used in the movie Firebirds). This is the fuse support that butts up against the inboard elevon.

Click image for larger version  Name:	SAAB-J35F-Draken-Wing-005-287x215.jpg Views:	0 Size:	11.3 KB ID:	259739

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_57827.jpg
Views:	525
Size:	70.9 KB
ID:	259740

Attached Files
                        Pat

Comment

• Been out of the game for a while thanks to getting that covid virus. Things are looking good fellas, hopefully I can get back into it soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
                            Been out of the game for a while thanks to getting that covid virus. Things are looking good fellas, hopefully I can get back into it soon.
                            rifleman_btx so glad to hear you're beating that nasty little beast , give 'em hell and get back to doin' what you like.
                            Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                            Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• rifleman_btx, Glad to read your voice, Sir. Get betterer soon. The good news is now you're part of the solution. Best, LB
                              ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Will do, this isnt gonna get me. I dont lay down and die for anything.

Comment

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
                                  Will do, this isnt gonna get me. I dont lay down and die for anything.
                                  How 'bout a new release from Motion of your favorite "gotta have next"? I might die for that.
                                  Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                                  Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Weeeeelllll.... naaaaaw lol

Comment

• I did a rescale of the freewing L-39 3dpup for my cockpit. Is this considered "kitbashing"

Comment

• After about 4 months or waiting, the 3D printer has finally arrived. I'm having a lot of fun tinkering with this, learning new things, realizing the possibilities that open up in the hobby with 3D Printing, and electronic gadgets are just flat out fun.

After reading the whole manual front to back, assembling it, cleaning the print bed, performing calibration and test printing, I have begun having some fun slicing in PrusaSlicer. At the monent I'm testing a print in Prusa PETG filament, and will hopefully resemble a finished Freewing Avanti 80mm EDF Jet exhaust nozzle.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200703_124351.jpg
Views:	650
Size:	159.2 KB
ID:	262641

Comment

Working...
                                        X