Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have any of you guys designed a HUD frame for the F-22? I just got a Yellow Aircraft F-22 turbine that came with a cockpit, but it is woefully not scale. I'd like to use the FW F-22 3DPUP files to make a scale cockpit, but of course a HUD frame was not included in the files as you were to just use the one provided in the kit.
    Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by Daneflyer View Post
      What am I doing wrong guys? Every time I try to download the stl file it shows up as a http file and when o try to open it says something about not being allowed to be hobby squawk. I gues the more direct question is “what are the steps to download the files. Thanks for the help. About to order the Freewing 90mm F-18 and want to be ready when it arrives.
      DF, Not certain why you cannot download the files. You do need to download the 'Zip File' and then open it to access the STL Files and Images. Let me know if that works, if not, I can try to PM you all the zip files. Best, LB
      I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
      ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Daneflyer View Post
        What am I doing wrong guys? Every time I try to download the stl file it shows up as a http file and when o try to open it says something about not being allowed to be hobby squawk. I gues the more direct question is “what are the steps to download the files. Thanks for the help. About to order the Freewing 90mm F-18 and want to be ready when it arrives.
        I was having the same problem. It turns out I need to be logged in to Hobby Squawk.

Comment

• LB, in post #768 is that the HUD Base w lens and camera v2, HUD frame v1, RG's Cockpit Coaming, full instrument panel and center instrument cluster I see in your picture? From what I compared to my list it seems I'm going to have to go back to DD and get a few small items I left off my list like the files you and RG did for the Canopy Bow. Where can I get some 3D bombs like the ones attached on the model?
          Attached Files

Comment

• If you go to Thingiverse.com and type in Freewing in the search block, you will find several type of stores available.

Originally posted by Dustman View Post
            LB, in post #768 is that the HUD Base w lens and camera v2, HUD frame v1, RG's Cockpit Coaming, full instrument panel and center instrument cluster I see in your picture? From what I compared to my list it seems I'm going to have to go back to DD and get a few small items I left off my list like the files you and RG did for the Canopy Bow. Where can I get some 3D bombs like the ones attached on the model?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dustman View Post
              LB, in post #768 is that the HUD Base w lens and camera v2, HUD frame v1, RG's Cockpit Coaming, full instrument panel and center instrument cluster I see in your picture? From what I compared to my list it seems I'm going to have to go back to DD and get a few small items I left off my list like the files you and RG did for the Canopy Bow. Where can I get some 3D bombs like the ones attached on the model?
              DM, I will check on what is in the list and what DD printed for you soon. I am not at home until tomorrow night, so it will be Saturday before I can do a decent review. The changes I made to the HUD Frame and lens/camera should be the same as the STL Files DD printed for you. You will need to 'cut out' some of the OEM Foam so that the HUD Assembly sits flush or near flush with the OEM Shroud if you use the shroud I designed. Which Shroud/Coamiing do you have DD Print? I'll check back in to the forum on Saturday. Have a great Thanksgiving. Best, LB
              ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Elbee I printed radarguy's coaming and HUD assembly. I also included your HUD assembly in case James wanted to try fitting that one instead.

Comment

• Dirty Dee, So he is covered either way, well done. On another note, did you understand the way I designed this? Point being, can this be built easily? i know how I will assemble things, though that doesn't mean the next guy will do it the same way, if you get my drift. best, LB
                  ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post
                    On another note, did you understand the way I designed this? Point being, can this be built easily? i know how I will assemble things, though that doesn't mean the next guy will do it the same way, if you get my drift. best, LB
                    The general assembly seems straightforward enough, but I dont own the hornet to verify. I just printed and shipped

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
                      Have any of you guys designed a HUD frame for the F-22? I just got a Yellow Aircraft F-22 turbine that came with a cockpit, but it is woefully not scale. I'd like to use the FW F-22 3DPUP files to make a scale cockpit, but of course a HUD frame was not included in the files as you were to just use the one provided in the kit.

Please provide a drawing with some dimensions, I’ll look into it.

Comment

• Thanks! Here's some pics. Needs to be about 30mm wide by 35mm tall.
                        Pat

Comment

• Finally got my parts in. I still need to order the Canopy Bow files. The HUD set to the upper left did not fit the coaming. The pieces that are above it did.The base ejection seat sits on a flat base; slightly different than the one in thread. That's no biggy though. It can be built up to be even with the control panels. The 1/10th scale JHH pilot is too big. I 'm in the market for a 1/11th/ 1/12th scale full body jet pilot. Anybody know where I can get one from? Anyway, overall the cockpit set is sweet and would be a nice addition to your jet. I'll post some pic's when I get it together. Can I get the exact page in Thingeeverse where I can find additional weapons for Freewing Jets?

Comment

Finally got my parts in. I still need to order the Canopy Bow files. The HUD set to the upper left did not fit the coaming. The pieces that are above it did.The base ejection seat sits on a flat base; slightly different than the one in thread. That's no biggy though. It can be built up to be even with the control panels. The 1/10th scale JHH pilot is to big. I 'm in the market for a 1/11th/ 1/12th scale full body jet pilot. Anybody know where I can get one from? Anyway, overall the cockpit set is sweet and would be a nice addition to your jet. I'll post some pic's when I get it together. Can I get the exact page in Thingeeverse where I can find additional weapons for Freewing Jets?
                            DM, The Full Coaming/Shroud you have printed is Radar-Guy's design and has it's own HUD that I believe it is in his file set. The shroud I designed is the forward (HUD) portion only as I am going to cut the OEM to fit my design. It would appear you have both HUD sets and Radar-Guy's shroud. The ejection seat was a full height design with the bottom and was then 'cut' in Prusa slic3r to fit in the 'cockpit tub to canopy height' with a small margin of error. If you build it up too much, you'll find it hits the bottom of the canopy glass. In "Thingiverse" search Freewing F-16 and Freewing F-4, you get the idea, and you should be able to find the ordinance you need. Those might need to be 'scaled' up or down to get the match for Freewing F-18C. Not sure. Best, LB

Click image for larger version  Name:	F18 Shroud Capture.JPG Views:	0 Size:	121.7 KB ID:	220952Click image for larger version  Name:	HUD 3.JPG Views:	0 Size:	54.7 KB ID:	220953
                            ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Don't know what I am doing wrong while in Thingeeverse. When type in Freewing f18 I get the home page with artist to follow halfway down the page. Also, LB are you going to do a file for the OEM shroud/ coaming you are for your HUD? I'll have a pic for you in a couple of days on how the parts fit. It difficult for me to see how DD coaming over the instrument panel from your picture in the previous thread. The files listed below are the remaining files for now I need DD to do for me. For some reason I was not able to get the GBU 38 file to load. A message came up saying it exceeded the limit by1.91 MB. for file size. The one file I can't find right now I would also like is the center pylon by DD.
                              Attached Files

Comment

• Dustman, Here are some screen captures that might help you. Remember that Radar-Guy's Shroud/Coaming requires that you cut off the foam forward of the IP. RG's HUD Assembly fits his Shroud/Coaming as does his Forward IP. If you printed my version of the HUD and Forward IP, these will not fit RG's Shroud. My IP Shroud requires the use of the OEM Shroud, though it is cut back to match the 3DP Shroud. Best, LB

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture Franks Shroud.JPG Views:	0 Size:	108.4 KB ID:	221454Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture for picture HUD to Shroud.JPG Views:	0 Size:	184.1 KB ID:	221455Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture IP and Shroud.JPG Views:	0 Size:	114.2 KB ID:	221456
                                ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• DD printed your version of the HUD and Forward IP for me. And you are right they do not quite fit RG's Shroud. If I can get a copy of the file of your Shroud/ OEM Shroud to, though it is cut back to match the 3DP Shroud that would be great. Also, I still need the four files listed above made for me to complete my cockpit. If the pieces in #793 are yours to that is what I need to. I've put part of the cockpit together.
                                  Attached Files

Comment

• Finally decided to finish the corsair build...got the fuse finished yesterday.

Comment

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
                                      Finally decided to finish the corsair build...got the fuse finished yesterday.
                                      RMBTX, Great to read your voice. Long time for me. Lookin' good, Sir. Best, LB
                                      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

DD printed your version of the HUD and Forward IP for me. And you are right they do not quite fit RG's Shroud. If I can get a copy of the file of your Shroud/ OEM Shroud to, though it is cut back to match the 3DP Shroud that would be great. Also, I still need the four files listed above made for me to complete my cockpit. If the pieces in #793 are yours to that is what I need to. I've put part of the cockpit together.
                                        DM, If the files you listed in #799 are what you need, you have those. I opened one of the Zip Files from your post. Please post pictures as you progress, Sir. Best, LB
                                        ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Hi LB, the shroud I have is the ones in the two previous pic's I sent you. I think that one is RG's. I've checked thru all the files I have and don't have anything like what you have shown above that you made shown in 973.

Comment

Working...
                                          X