X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RE: SHOW OFF YOUR PAINTING WORK HERE

I love your Thunderbolt, DeltaDart! Well done on that scheme, you don't see that one every day.
    Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Hello Delta,
      What's the make of that prop hub on the P-47
      Warbird Charlie
      HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Originally posted by OV10
        Hello Delta,
        What's the make of that prop hub on the P-47
        I made the hub out of styrene over an art tech 1300mm Mustang prop. The spinner nut is the stock one for the P-47 I believe.

Comment

I'm guessing that's a vario prop. If so, where did you find one? They have been out of stock forever. :-)

Comment

Hey all ..just joined here ..this thread caught my eye strait away ..

Here's a few of mine
            Attached Files
            Art.t p51.1400 p51b.1400 fw190.1400 f6f.dyn tiggy.dyn spit.dyn tempest.dyn at6 (harvard).dyn beaver.eflite yak54.df vamp.pz spit.pz bf109.pz fw190.pz mossi.pz se5.pz radian.pz visionaire.hch b25.pz p40.ne yak54.ne extra300.precedent highboy.fms 800 p40 .. Tony nijhuis tiffy

Comment

Originally posted by jiggz
              Hey all ..just joined here ..this thread caught my eye strait away ..

Here's a few of mine
              Nice work, I love the Hellcat!

Comment

Welcome, Jiggz, I love your Tiger Moth! Classy photo op with that foggy background.

Comment

Originally posted by Davy101 View Post

I'm guessing that's a vario prop. If so, where did you find one? They have been out of stock forever. :-)
                  I got my 4 blade 12C direct from www.Ramoser.de. I ordered a 3 blade 12C from JB Hobbies.

Comment

Some of my conversions and paintings
                    Team Gross!

Comment

Is that FMS Pitts covered in blue vinyl? Whatever it is it looks great! Completely different looking airplane in those colors.

Comment

I got Callie to make the decals which extend from front to back on the Fuse. I also received enough extra material to do the nose and tail surfaces!! The upper wing is one loooonnnngggg decal, lots of fun!!
                        One tip though, if you want to install decals on the plane, strip the mold release off with IPA, install decals then Minwax. For some reason, they didn't really like to bind to the Minwax with this plane, so there was a lot of CA gluing to keep the corners down. Also. the existing decals come off fairly easily, they're much like packing tape. I found that if you bent them right back, 180 degrees, they peeled fairly well. One of the other guys recommended using ice on them first, which is something I'd definitely try if I do another Pitts. Oh, and also, I used good old household latex white paint to hide the foam beads. Works really well, did the same to the Waco and it make s a big difference. Then Minwax or Varathane (I prefer the Varathane) for a great shine. Armor All helps, but car wax rocks!!
                        She's going with me to Wisconsin this year where Dave and I are going to get pics of the real one side by side, going for a Model Airplane News cover, hopefully!!!

Grossman56
                        Team Gross!

Comment

Got a HK Radjet as a Xmas present and as it is pretty small, rolls like a demon, and flies fairly fast I had a couple of times when I lost orientation for a few seconds during the first few flights. Besides that it was covered in huge plastic orange and black stickers that were not that different top and bottom. So, with the help of a little lighter fluid I removed them all and repainted with a scheme that is VERY different top and bottom. I think it came out pretty nice and it was MUCH easier to see when I flew it last weekend. BTW, I painted it with ordinary craft acrylics and cleared it with the Johnsons floor care (Future) to protect and give it some gloss.

Steve
                          AMA 95495
                          Freewing P-51D Iron Ass
                          Freewing F-86 80MM

Comment

Great job RC, love those stars!! Johnsons floor care eh?

Grossman56
                            Team Gross!

Comment

Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
                              Great job RC, love those stars!! Johnsons floor care eh?

Grossman56
                              Thanks, yeah the trick is use lots of light coats. If you try to do too heavy you can get a cloudy area. Some people thin it but I never have trouble spraying it straight and that's using a .3 mm airbrush.

Steve
                              AMA 95495
                              Freewing P-51D Iron Ass
                              Freewing F-86 80MM

Comment

Getting close on finishing my winter build. This is an old Top Flite Redbox P47 (60 size) that I converted to electric. The balsa frame was finished with 1/2oz fiberglass. Then primed and painted using Warbirdcolors. Approximately 10,000 rivits, no decals - all hand painted (including nose art). The power train uses a varioprop, Electrifly Rimfire 1.20, CC Phoenix Edge 100, 6S 5000 mah battery, CC BEC, Spectrum VR5203 (for the Eflite 60-120 retracts). Robart retractable tailwheel, tailwheel gear doors and closing mechanism hand made. Excuse the mess in the man cave

Comment

Very impressive, tdevince! 10,000 rivets, that is quite amazing. Excellent choice of livery, too. And nice bird!

When is the maiden?

Comment

Heres my Dynam Bf-110..still not quite finished yet but getting close.
                                    www.TSHobbies.com
                                    Hobby Paint racks and acrylic display stands for collectibles.

Comment

That's a Dynam?! Looks great! Now I feel the desire to buy one, immediately.

Comment

thankyou..yup its the Dynam..filled in the panel lines and didnt want the skyblue camo (who made that call?) havent gotten to maiden it yet though.
                                        www.TSHobbies.com
                                        Hobby Paint racks and acrylic display stands for collectibles.

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
                                          Very impressive, tdevince! 10,000 rivets, that is quite amazing. Excellent choice of livery, too. And nice bird!

When is the maiden?
                                          Thanks, the maiden will be this spring after I get flying again and regain skills lost through the winter build season. Probably after I maiden my Allied Green P-38 :)

Comment

Working...
                                          X