Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [QUOTE=Aros;n204609]Here comes #2. I am hopeful this one will have a drama-free maiden with no gremlins. The build was great, everything looks fantastic as one would expect. After range checking and final pre-flight checks, can't wait for her to be airborne! Love this model!!

Hope it all goes well my friend :Cool:

Planes
    -E-Flite: 1.2m P-47, Maule, Turbo Timber, 1.5m AT-6, 1.2m T-28, Dallas Doll, Viper, F-15, F-16, Wildcat, Carbon Cub -UMX: Mig-15, Pitts, Timber
    -FMS: Bae Hawk Motion: 1.6m Corsair, 850mm Mustang, 1.6m Spitfire Freewing: 1.7m A-10, F-22,

Comment

• :Cool:Good luck!

Comment

• Thanks folks! After my Honey Do list is complete, and hoping the glare sky subsides I will be off for the maiden.
        My YouTube RC videos:
        https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by Phantom View Post

Throttle for altitude and pitch for airspeed, I'm tracking. :Cool:
          Actually that is wrong - pitch for altitude and power for airspeed.

Comment

• Originally posted by DCORSAIR View Post

Good job Bill, that looks awesome, I almost went with same livery but those decals looked hard to apply, me and decals do not get along so I went with the low visibility livery. Hope you get to feeling better

LOL
            Thanks Doc. (I seem to be saying that a lot lately) :Silly:And yeah, the decals on the verticals were pretty tough. I guess if you have a knack for working vinyl they would be easy but I seem to have misplaced my knack somewhere along the way. ;)
            My YouTube Videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrz...4Q-xrOOtP2C-8w

Comment

• The Missiles don’t affect performance in flt..Looks Cool though ;) Click image for larger version

Name:	E661731C-7EB1-488C-93DB-C658F92E34CE.jpeg
Views:	790
Size:	313.7 KB
ID:	204646

Comment

• Originally posted by F22trainer View Post

As a professional pilot, I respectfully disagree with you. There are two schools of thought on this however, I've never found nor attended your school's "pitch for altitude, power for airspeed." I dare say that it is not the professional aviator's school of thought. Why? Because it is unstable, the exact opposite of what one wants on an approach. If you pitch for airspeed, that now becomes a constant, using power to arrest or increase your descent is now your biggest variable. If I were to use pitch for altitude, I am trading airspeed for that altitude. I am either decreasing airspeed for increased altitude or increasing air for increasing my descent. In either case I have to now adjust my power setting to either not stall, or to not over speed my flaps, gear etc...
                Attached Files

Comment

• Lost my BA today on her second flight of the day (5th flight overall). I was at 400' on the downwind when I started a right bank and a 45° downline for a high-speed pass. She would not pull out of the dive and went in hard. Totally destroyed. She hit so hard that a chunk was taken out of the metal fan shroud. I've never had that happen before.

I did not loose radio signal, I was still able to bank the plane. But I believe the elevator servos had met their match for torque. I had even turned up the throw on elevator and moved my CG back about 5mm prior to flying today as I felt the book rates for elevator were too low, and the CG was nose heavy. She was still a little nose heavy as inverted flight required a small amount of down to stay level.

I had not had any elevator issues prior to this incident. But this was the first time I did a full thrust power dive. She hit at full thrust (no time to react when I finally realized she was not pulling out) and made a pretty nice divot in the dirt. There was even a small mushroom cloud of dust after impact. It was pretty impressive. I have pictures of the crash site, but HS won't accept them. See this post on RCG:

RC Groups - the most active Radio Control model community: electric and fuel rc airplanes,rc helis,rc boats and rc cars. Features discussion forums, blogs, videos and classifieds.
                  Pat

Comment

• That really sucks mate. Very sorry to hear man.

Sincerely W

Comment

As a professional pilot, I respectfully disagree with you. There are two schools of thought on this however, I've never found nor attended your school's "pitch for altitude, power for airspeed." I dare say that it is not the professional aviator's school of thought. Why? Because it is unstable, the exact opposite of what one wants on an approach. If you pitch for airspeed, that now becomes a constant, using power to arrest or increase your descent is now your biggest variable. If I were to use pitch for altitude, I am trading airspeed for that altitude. I am either decreasing airspeed for increased altitude or increasing air for increasing my descent. In either case I have to now adjust my power setting to either not stall, or to not over speed my flaps, gear etc...
                      +1

A lot of people that are not regular full scale pilots do not understand this

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros View Post
                        Thanks folks! After my Honey Do list is complete, and hoping the glare sky subsides I will be off for the maiden.
                        If you get rid of the honey that list gets a lot smaller, and you'd be flying by now.

Comment

• Originally posted by janmb View Post

The primary problem with having a poor trim and needing to hold elevator is that it reinforces the bad habit of using your elevator to land in the first place.
                          Flying with a bit of down trim makes for better maneuvers all around including landing and takeoff. Flying without it is Poor Trim.

Comment

• Originally posted by F22trainer View Post

Nope, this is a very common mistake.
                            Freewing A-10 turbine conversion: http://fb.me/FreewingA10TurbineConversion

Comment

• Originally posted by Desertlakeflying View Post

Flying with a bit of down trim makes for better maneuvers all around including landing and takeoff. Flying without it is Poor Trim.
                              I agree, as long as we are talking about tiny amounts. You want to be in contact with the plane - yes - but not fight it

Comment

Big +1

. .

Comment

• Originally posted by Desertlakeflying View Post

+1

A lot of people that are not regular full scale pilots do not understand this
                                  Fortunately, so of us do.

Unfortunately, most educational advise falls on deaf ears in this hobby.

Comment

• Most definitely agree with Phantom here...
                                    My YouTube RC videos:
                                    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Sorry Pat! Not cool! :(:(:(:Straight-Face:

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
                                        Lost my BA today on her second flight of the day (5th flight overall). I was at 400' on the downwind when I started a right bank and a 45° downline for a high-speed pass. She would not pull out of the dive and went in hard. Totally destroyed. She hit so hard that a chunk was taken out of the metal fan shroud. I've never had that happen before.

I did not loose radio signal, I was still able to bank the plane. But I believe the elevator servos had met their match for torque. I had even turned up the throw on elevator and moved my CG back about 5mm prior to flying today as I felt the book rates for elevator were too low, and the CG was nose heavy. She was still a little nose heavy as inverted flight required a small amount of down to stay level.

I had not had any elevator issues prior to this incident. But this was the first time I did a full thrust power dive. She hit at full thrust (no time to react when I finally realized she was not pulling out) and made a pretty nice divot in the dirt. There was even a small mushroom cloud of dust after impact. It was pretty impressive. I have pictures of the crash site, but HS won't accept them. See this post on RCG:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=1710
                                        So another BA down for no reason really? So sorry to hear that, destroyed is the right word for yours.:Angry:

I guess were supposed to sit around and look at them and not even fly, I know there will always be crashes when a new plane comes out but this one is starting to get a bad reputation quick. I don't think I've done a power dive yet with mine after 26 flights so far, don't think I will now.
                                        :Confused:

Comment

• My Maiden is tomorrow really getting worried now. Nothing is wrong and i have double checked everything but this is just getting worse at this point. I have only heard of a few successes. Hope Motion replaces your hornet because this clearly wasn't your fault

Comment

Working...
                                          X