Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another 4 flts today.. What an great Jet.. Wemo Evo fan has an awesome sound with plenty of Thrust..

Comment

• That does sound nice! Do you have a link to the power system/fan?
      My YouTube RC videos:
      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros View Post
        That does sound nice! Do you have a link to the power system/fan?
        I put the fan together myself.. I used a 90mm Freewing plastic shroud so it’ll be a straight plug in & Wemo Evo fan fits perfectly into it .. I used the SK3 1900kv motor from HK.. I bought the Wemo Evo fans from Gary at Effluxrc.. Balanced it myself so it runs smoothly..The beauty of the Wemo is you don’t need the special shroud like the JFs & this makes it a lot more economical to install..

Comment

• Originally posted by Wolfgang Wagner View Post
          Hey guys,

below some nice tips, especially about pitch and power (#4) elevator for AOA/speed , throttle for sink rate/altitude

Nice video with great tips but he obviously does not know how commercial jets are landed. Nevertheless, great tips for RC flying. I will try that landing technique the next days. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

• Originally posted by janmb View Post

Good stuff indeed, not just on this topic, but a lot of others too. Thanks!

The part specifically covering this topic is found 6:40 in: https://youtu.be/BmMjrgFqzWo?t=400

Two very good tutorials about landing technique, enjoy and practice. :)

Comment

Two very good tutorials about landing technique, enjoy and practice. :)
              He does good videos for sure. The unfortunate part is that within this hobby, the vast majority of pilots stick with whatever feels the most intuitive and easy at first, and the willingness to accept teaching is moderate indeed.
              ​​​​
              Freewing A-10 turbine conversion: http://fb.me/FreewingA10TurbineConversion

Comment

He does good videos for sure. The unfortunate part is that within this hobby, the vast majority of pilots stick with whatever feels the most intuitive and easy at first, and the willingness to accept teaching is moderate indeed.
                ​​​​
                You are absolutely right. Therefore I like to share these vids. Maybe one or another gets motivated by these to try something new and improves his skills. Thatˋs what I am trying to.

Comment

You are absolutely right. Therefore I like to share these vids. Maybe one or another gets motivated by these to try something new and improves his skills. Thatˋs what I am trying to.
                  One can always hope 👍

They both teach landings the exact same way I do, focusing on the importance of correct control inputs, energy management, and using rudder for course correction. They do divert a little when it comes to long vs shorter approach though. I tend to side with the latter, simply because a shorter final gives better speed perception, and rudder based, flat turns makes that safe pretty much for all models.

Comment

Good stuff indeed, not just on this topic, but a lot of others too. Thanks!

The part specifically covering this topic is found 6:40 in: https://youtu.be/BmMjrgFqzWo?t=400
                    that is exactly the technique that I use. It's really helpful with edfs but it is also advanced which can get newbies into trouble. They need to make sure that there is enough battery power left to do this and also that they have the altitude to get out of a bad situation should something go wrong. What he is saying about elevator is dead on too!! This is why most people that fly the Stock powered 90mm F-15 say that "Its so heavy and underpowered. Such a pig and can't get out of its own way..." I always say... NO!!! You just need to fly it the right way and you will be fine! Let it pick up speed and quit yanking on the elevator which is hurting its speed... Lots of really good info in the whole video! Nice to see that there is someone who can really explain things in a way that is easy to understand!
                    Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
                    I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

Thanks for sharing!! Great video!
                      I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• I almost feel like there needs to be an EDF instructional video out there for people flying these planes. But then again all of them are different! I am looking forward to getting this bird! Just need to make time!

Comment

• Originally posted by Quax View Post
                          There is a huge difference between flying small general aviation aircraft (Cessna etc) and bigger aircraft like jets for example. The later ones are flown by pitch for altitude and power (better thrust) for airspeed... Flying jets using thrust for altitude will result in some serious problems sooner or later.

However, flying rc models is a total different thing...
                          I fly my RC planes the same way i fly GA planes and the airbus at work. If i want the airplane to do something i add power, reduce power, pull up or push down to make it do exactly what i want. Some of yal are over-thinking this lol.

So i let my retract servo dry out from my battle with the puddle the other day and now all is well. Thanks for the tips guys!

Comment

• I submitted a support ticket to MRC for my crash. They came back and asked for all the details and pics, which I just provided. Should take a few days before I hear back from them.
                            Pat

Comment

The primary problem with having a poor trim and needing to hold elevator is that it reinforces the bad habit of using your elevator to land in the first place.
                              With any given elevator trim, the airplane "wants" to fly a certain speed. If you're holding the nose up, the airplane "wants" to fly faster, and will tend that way. I like to do a few dirty passes and trim out the elevator, seeking a consistent slow approach speed with no elevator needed to keep it there. For that reason I also cross the trims so I can mess with elevator trim with my left thumb on the left joystick trim switch and don't have to hunt across the transmitter. After landing, I mark the elevator position and mix the trim and flaps to get it close automatically. And yes that means that when you lower flaps, you'll have to hold the nose down a little until the airplane slows down.

Comment

• A brand new FW F-18 and the elevator servos are ratcheting. I tried two different receivers (Jeti System) and a servo tester - same results. Also the right flap moves on its own (ratcheting) without any control inputs. I tried a set of Hitech 82 servos hooked up to the elevator channel and they both work smoothly. Anyone else having these type of problems?
                                Thank you!

Comment

• Originally posted by curlyculp View Post
                                  With any given elevator trim, the airplane "wants" to fly a certain speed.
                                  That is something you are used to because of having nose heavy models. A properly CGed model (or 95% of all models anyway) will have very little coupling between speed and elevator trim.

Comment

• TPS, you better go back and read all you can about some of us having some strange problems, some have crashed and some have survived, just found out a couple of days ago one of my flying buddies friend crashed his on the maiden flight, he said everything was fine until he went to full flaps, then it lawn darted straight in with no response to the elevators, I think he opened a ticket with MRC but hasn't heard anything back yet. I just ordered the grey one as well, will be checking it over before it's maiden that's for sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by DCORSAIR View Post
                                      TPS, you better go back and read all you can about some of us having some strange problems, some have crashed and some have survived, just found out a couple of days ago one of my flying buddies friend crashed his on the maiden flight, he said everything was fine until he went to full flaps, then it lawn darted straight in with no response to the elevators, I think he opened a ticket with MRC but hasn't heard anything back yet. I just ordered the grey one as well, will be checking it over before it's maiden that's for sure.
                                      Thank you,
                                      I'm not using the blue box for any of the controls only for the lights.

Comment

Hard to tell what you are saying with so many deniers.

Most good turbine pilots will use throttle for sink rate and elevator for attitude only, just like you should.
                                        Yes, what I said.

Comment

That is something you are used to because of having nose heavy models. A properly CGed model (or 95% of all models anyway) will have very little coupling between speed and elevator trim.

Whats the the best way to go about getting this correct cg? Just pushing the battery back after each flight? Say 5 mm back after each flight? I’ll admit I’ve always set the cg by book and flew it
                                          Planes
                                          -E-Flite: 1.2m P-47, Maule, Turbo Timber, 1.5m AT-6, 1.2m T-28, Dallas Doll, Viper, F-15, F-16, Wildcat, Carbon Cub -UMX: Mig-15, Pitts, Timber
                                          -FMS: Bae Hawk Motion: 1.6m Corsair, 850mm Mustang, 1.6m Spitfire Freewing: 1.7m A-10, F-22,

Comment

Working...
                                          X