Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by seaviper View Post
    Alpha you have sold me on the Hornet.
    You will love the way it flies, so which one did you get?

Comment

• I will get the grey one and paint it as a CONA bird
      Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros View Post
        Just like with flying full scale, anything you can do to take the pressure off the (yoke/stick) is never a bad thing. That's why God invented trim tabs. LOL

Happy 4th!

Click image for larger version

Name:	s.jpg
Views:	919
Size:	89.3 KB
ID:	204472
        Ding, ding, ding! Winner!
        And maybe I missed it but you will probably need down elevator trim to keep the nose pointed down - the flaps just prevent accelerating.

Comment

• So what's the bottom line on the elevator servos? Do I need to worry about or replace them? What are the best replacements?

Comment

• Mine are fine...

Originally posted by MANFRED View Post
            So what's the bottom line on the elevator servos? Do I need to worry about or replace them? What are the best replacements?

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha View Post

All the Hornet's servos are in pockets with screws, so don't worry, they're not glued in.

We tested all the current 90mm units we sell. They all work fine. The PNP's unit is what we felt was the best balance between the usual key factors of power/performance/weight/sound/cost/static-vs-dynamic thrust, etc.
              They work great but the power is marginal...

Comment

• Got mine pretty much finished up today. Still have to check/adjust the CG but basically ready for testing as soon as I have a good day and can.
                My YouTube Videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrz...4Q-xrOOtP2C-8w

Comment

• If you had a LED go out, check your connector in the fuse.

Planes
                  -E-Flite: 1.2m P-47, Maule, Turbo Timber, 1.5m AT-6, 1.2m T-28, Dallas Doll, Viper, F-15, F-16, Wildcat, Carbon Cub -UMX: Mig-15, Pitts, Timber
                  -FMS: Bae Hawk Motion: 1.6m Corsair, 850mm Mustang, 1.6m Spitfire Freewing: 1.7m A-10, F-22,

Comment

• Here comes #2. I am hopeful this one will have a drama-free maiden with no gremlins. The build was great, everything looks fantastic as one would expect. After range checking and final pre-flight checks, can't wait for her to be airborne! Love this model!!

Name:	2premaiden2.jpg
Views:	783
Size:	287.6 KB
ID:	204610
                    My YouTube RC videos:
                    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Simple mod to ensure extra Canopy security

Name:	A989B890-8A6D-4C58-A8BD-C325405C1E47.jpeg
Views:	832
Size:	69.0 KB
ID:	204612

Comment

• My maiden during the week..Definitely a Keeper..

Comment

• Originally posted by DCORSAIR View Post
                          Thats great on your F-104, your the man then flying that bird with no mixes, I love flying my F-104, there is always an exciting moment and I use a little bit of up elev/flap mix on it as well. Nothing wrong with holding up elevator. I really don't need it on the F-18 but I tried a little and I liked it so now it sets up a nice AOA and glides right in......
                          :Cool:
                          The primary problem with having a poor trim and needing to hold elevator is that it reinforces the bad habit of using your elevator to land in the first place.

Freewing A-10 turbine conversion: http://fb.me/FreewingA10TurbineConversion

Comment

• Originally posted by janmb View Post

The primary problem with having a poor trim and needing to hold elevator is that it reinforces the bad habit of using your elevator to land in the first place.
                            I certainly don't advocate flying around the pattern holding the elevator due to lack of trim, but...How do you land? Whether I am flying full size aircraft or RC aircraft I always incorporate elevator into my landings. How do you round out and flair without it? Why is using the elevator in the landing sequence a bad habit?:Thinking:

Comment

• Enjoy

Comment

• Originally posted by Phantom View Post

I certainly don't advocate flying around the pattern holding the elevator due to lack of trim, but...How do you land? Whether I am flying full size aircraft or RC aircraft I always incorporate elevator into my landings. How do you round out and flair without it? Why is using the elevator in the landing sequence a bad habit?:Thinking:
                                Hehe, I was making a point :P

Of course elevator should be involved, but for speed, not altitude. (inverting throttle and elevator on landings is such a boon for your landing consistency once it clicks and you get it)
                                Freewing A-10 turbine conversion: http://fb.me/FreewingA10TurbineConversion

Comment

• Originally posted by janmb View Post

Hehe, I was making a point :P

Of course elevator should be involved, but for speed, not altitude. (inverting throttle and elevator on landings is such a boon for your landing consistency once it clicks and you get it)
                                  Throttle for altitude and pitch for airspeed, I'm tracking. :Cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by Phantom View Post

I agree with you Phantom, sometimes I don't have a clue what he is talking about....:)

Comment

• Originally posted by bill34207 View Post
                                      Got mine pretty much finished up today.
                                      Bill, Gorgeous Hornet, Sir. Best, LB
                                      I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                                      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                                      ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros View Post
                                        Here comes #2. I am hopeful this one will have a drama-free maiden with no gremlins. The build was great, everything looks fantastic as one would expect. After range checking and final pre-flight checks, can't wait for her to be airborne! Love this model!!

Name:	2premaiden2.jpg
Views:	783
Size:	287.6 KB
ID:	204610
                                        Good luck on your maiden flight, I'm sure it will all go well this time around, looks very nice.

:Cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by bill34207 View Post
                                          Got mine pretty much finished up today. Still have to check/adjust the CG but basically ready for testing as soon as I have a good day and can.

Good job Bill, that looks awesome, I almost went with same livery but those decals looked hard to apply, me and decals do not get along so I went with the low visibility livery. Hope you get to feeling better

LOL

Comment

Working...
                                          X