X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DCORSAIR View Post

I just ordered my low visibility decals from Callie, exactly what I was going to do if I get the Grey one, soon I hope....:Cool:
    Are you going to repaint the grey?

Comment

• tell ya what guys don't even think of weathering the blues jets as I recall driving by there hanger a lot at nas Pensacola and seeing a lot of enlisted guys out there polishing there birds for hours lol cleanest f18's in the fleet...

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
        OK. I hope you are HAPPY! :P

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190702_224835.jpg
Views:	1034
Size:	103.1 KB
ID:	204076
        YES! LOL:Cool::)

My YouTube RC videos:
        https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by Ron1950 View Post
          tell ya what guys don't even think of weathering the blues jets as I recall driving by there hanger a lot at nas Pensacola and seeing a lot of enlisted guys out there polishing there birds for hours lol cleanest f18's in the fleet...
          Here ya go Ron....:)

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	863
Size:	106.3 KB
ID:	204094

Comment

• Originally posted by EA-6B Geek View Post

Yes, Sidewinders are from the 90mm F-16.
            Bought a 3D printer, just so I can have a set of those way bitchin hub caps! Gotta figure it all out.
            I'm going to weather this one. It will be my first attempt.
            just remember to stay away from black becuse it sticks out
            like a sore thumb. I use a pencil to do the panal lines then shoot it with light coats of gray and the do a molting coat then a salt coat and the cover her with a clear coat. Here is a great link to read

Comment

• Originally posted by John_53_70 View Post
              just remember to stay away from black becuse it sticks out
              like a sore thumb. I use a pencil to do the panal lines then shoot it with light coats of gray and the do a molting coat then a salt coat and the cover her with a clear coat. Here is a great link to read
              Thanks for the advice. Need all the help I can get!

Comment

• I loved em in the f11 lol shows how old I am lol ,, I was there during the F4 days 69 to 73..heck we had the f2 banchee in our hangar at whiteing for a year or so..looked that bad also...till they took it to the museum in Pensacola and did there magic on it...

Comment

• Here is my Blue Angels bird all glossed up. Just waiting on the afterburner mod to arrive and still need to paint the landing gear and inside of gear doors white. As I put this together and out in the decals, I am really blown away at the scale of this beautiful jet.

Comment

• Originally posted by ken.swa@outlook.com View Post
                    Here is my Blue Angels bird all glossed up. Just waiting on the afterburner mod to arrive and still need to paint the landing gear and inside of gear doors white. As I put this together and out in the decals, I am really blown away at the scale of this beautiful jet.
                    Looks great Ken! What did you use to clear coat it? Spray or brush? How many coats?

Comment

• Originally posted by EA-6B Geek View Post
                      Working on it! More to do.]
                      EA-6BG, That is a great livery, Sir. Bravo Zulu. Best, LB
                      I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                      ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Here is my Blue Angels bird all glossed up. Just waiting on the afterburner mod to arrive and still need to paint the landing gear and inside of gear doors white. As I put this together and out in the decals, I am really blown away at the scale of this beautiful jet.
                        Love the "SHINE", its' gotta have the shine. Best, LB
                        ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

OK. I hope you are HAPPY! :P
                          RCJD, Looks outstanding. The work you do is awesome.:Cool: Best, LB
                          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post

RCJD, Looks outstanding. The work you do is awesome.:Cool: Best, LB
                            LB, you are too kind. I am not that good.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	D7F42C20-A0AD-40C7-9CF2-BF42D2216428.jpeg
Views:	765
Size:	130.7 KB
ID:	204147 So I put my pitot system on... Up to 140+

145.0mph

Comment

LB, you are too kind. I am not that good.
                                RCJD, Your modesty is noted, though your awards and kudos would suggest you are "that good". I like what you do, a bit of attitude combined with skills equals success IMO. I enjoy seeing what you do next. Works for me. Happy Independence Day to you and yours. Best, LB
                                ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Wow Ken, LOVE the quality of the gloss you put on yours, looks the part! What did you use?
                                  My YouTube RC videos:
                                  https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

What did you use I wanna do that too

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post

Name:	D7F42C20-A0AD-40C7-9CF2-BF42D2216428.jpeg
Views:	765
Size:	130.7 KB
ID:	204147 So I put my pitot system on... Up to 140+

145.0mph
                                      Wow an airspeed of 140 is nuts. I bet with a nice tailwind you could see 160 over the ground.

Comment

• Click image for larger version  Name:	963B67D0-25ED-4F97-A31E-034C87900D80.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	82.3 KB ID:	204174 Paint codes from Lowes, perfect match even in the sun. A little difference in sheen on mine but it was clear coated.

Comment

• Ha! With a nice tail wind of 60mph I'm over 200!! :)

Originally posted by flyAA View Post

Wow an airspeed of 140 is nuts. I bet with a nice tailwind you could see 160 over the ground.

Comment

Working...
                                          X