X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
    Getting much more comfortable with the Apache...

Helis terrify me. You could cut someone's head off with one. If I see a rc heli I leave and go inside.
    AMA 1102566

Comment

• Scale ones are much less intimidating than the crazy 3D ones. I cringe at those.

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
        Scale ones are much less intimidating than the crazy 3D ones. I cringe at those.
        I tell ya something mate, that fella has a point, very dangerous models indeed. If any of these throw a blade at the precise moment it has the potential to kill someone. Being a real wirly bird pilot I can say the safest place to be is in it. I can only imagine how much green you have invested in that, lol. I bought a Preditor Jet earlier this year, I think once I get it completed I'l probably sell it.

With that said, I watched the whole vid. Very impressive flight Steve! I thoroughly enjoyed the vid man. W

Comment

• Originally posted by Woodcock View Post

I tell ya something mate, that fella has a point, very dangerous models indeed. If any of these throw a blade at the precise moment it has the potential to kill someone. Being a real wirly bird pilot I can say the safest place to be is in it. I can only imagine how much green you have invested in that, lol. I bought a Preditor Jet earlier this year, I think once I get it completed I'l probably sell it.

With that said, I watched the whole vid. Very impressive flight Steve! I thoroughly enjoyed the vid man. W
          Thanks Woody. I watched a video of a Vario heli that apparently had a defective rotor head and it didn't help that it had heavier blades on it literally do almost just that with a group of people standing 10 feet from it. Fortunately nobody got hurt. Very scary though! I try to stand about 25-30' away but even that is no guarantee. Heli's do need more respect than they are often shown though. Too much is taken for granted but scales are typically not spinning the insane head speeds of 3D jobs.

Comment

• The INOT took a dirt nap today. lol. Getting it fixed up for Ferndale this weekend. I think they made a mistake on the spelling at the factory.
            Attached Files

Comment

• Flew my FMS Beaver 2000mm. Two 10 minute flights in 10 mph wind. Handled the wind and grass field with ease. Easy to see, easy to fly, surprising power and does nice scale loops and rolls. Waited for 2 hrs until wind lessened to 6 mph and maidened the Eflite Extra 300 3D. Looks great on the ground, in the air and drew a crowd. Lots of power on 4s. Very stable, tracks perfectly fast or slow and basic loops, rolls and cubans were a snap, even on low rates.Came in too slow and bounced the landing. No damage. My fault, not the planes. Tested the flaps up high and forgot to raise them. Could well become my favorite. Sorry, no pics or vids.

Comment

• Some Heli and a wing too , nice Autumn day here ! Click image for larger version

Name:	20191026_150700.jpg
Views:	520
Size:	147.2 KB
ID:	217391

Comment

• Flew indoors only today. A Blade 120 helo, a Wltoys v950 Helo, an RC Champ Plane, and a Force1 F100 Ghost Drone

Comment

• Originally posted by AkumaZeto View Post

Helis terrify me. You could cut someone's head off with one. If I see a rc heli I leave and go inside.
                    Some thing like that happened to a guy in New York a couple of years ago. Didn't take his head off, just the top and killed him.

Comment

• Of course, you still face a far greater chance of serious injury or death on the drive to or from the flying field.

I'll take a heli pilot that is completely focused on their bird, over a driver who is distracted by the latest text from their BFF.

Comment

• Well said Hoomi, more have been killed in cars in one day than in RC related in the start of RC.
                        AMA 424553

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	DE982A73-1B8D-41E6-A68C-5A4D1B2D51EC.jpeg
Views:	548
Size:	208.4 KB
ID:	218007Click image for larger version  Name:	5679DC67-DDCF-4472-9861-16D4FEDF7BDD.jpeg Views:	4 Size:	151.2 KB ID:	217981Click image for larger version  Name:	8B85649D-264A-4638-AF4F-F4B091CE6283.jpeg Views:	2 Size:	97.4 KB ID:	217982 Finally flew the foamie I won last year in club raffle.
                          Didn’t know/think they could be such fun.
                          an oldie - eFlite Tribute.

Comment

• My buddy and I decided to try our first tandem flight with our F/A-18C Hornet Blue Angels. It appears the other pilots may have switched out their coffee for whiskey as a prank.

My YouTube RC videos:
                            https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros View Post
                              My buddy and I decided to try our first tandem flight with our F/A-18C Hornet Blue Angels. It appears the other pilots may have switched out their coffee for whiskey as a prank.

Very Nice! Now all you need is three more to join you to complete the BA flight team, and of course you'll all have to stay no further than 10 feet off each others wing tips. Can't wait for that video!
                              Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                              Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros View Post
                                My buddy and I decided to try our first tandem flight with our F/A-18C Hornet Blue Angels. It appears the other pilots may have switched out their coffee for whiskey as a prank.

Aros, I'm thinking there wasn't enough 'intimidation inhibitor' in play there. On the other hand, the music was annoying, so at least ya got goin' for ya. Best, LB
                                I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                                ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                                ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Todd, what was that blue stuff above you?

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post

Aros, I'm thinking there wasn't enough 'intimidation inhibitor' in play there. On the other hand, the music was annoying, so at least ya got goin' for ya. Best, LB
                                    Come on LB, Benny Hill's theme is a classic.
                                    AMA 424553

Comment

• Originally posted by RRHandy View Post

I thought so as well, just the music was too funny, had me laughing through the whole thing, I do think the Blue Angels fly closer together than that though.

Comment

• Originally posted by RRHandy View Post
                                        RRH and Aros, Fair enough, I acquiesce to your logic. My apologies, though I still believe a bit more libation might have tightened the formations. Best, LB
                                        I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                                        ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                                        ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Inspired by the barrel rolling jets around the main formation with smoke, I wanted to give it a try with my FPV plane. Was really surprised to see I can keep the lead fairly steady in sight on first try. 2nd try was actually worse. Will be towing ribbons next time...

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/motionsic
                                          Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/FPVAirCombat
                                          Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fpvaircombat/channel/

Comment

Working...
                                          X