X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Simon Bee View Post

OK great , just ordered a light from MRC. I was thinking I’d have to link it to the gear channel on the receiver as well as setting it up on the transmitter.
    Yes, you Y the controller into the landing gear channel on your receiver.

Comment

• Sorry for being a pain but I’m a bit dumb when it comes to electrics. Isn’t the lead that goes into the LED lighting controller a two pin connector ( the same as the nav lights), so is it a different type of Y connector from the receiver?

Comment

Sorry for being a pain but I’m a bit dumb when it comes to electrics. Isn’t the lead that goes into the LED lighting controller a two pin connector ( the same as the nav lights), so is it a different type of Y connector from the receiver?
        The controller has several 2 pin outputs to the lights, a 2 pin power input "Input A", and a 3 pin servo plug input from the receiver, "Input B". Input B gets its signal from the gear channel, typically by a Y connector, or from a gear/door sequencer.

Comment

• Originally posted by kallend View Post

The controller has several 2 pin outputs to the lights, a 2 pin power input "Input A", and a 3 pin servo plug input from the receiver, "Input B". Input B gets its signal from the gear channel, typically by a Y connector, or from a gear/door sequencer.
          Ah ok thanks for your reply. The Venom has a gear door sequencer already installed next to the LED light controller. Without ripping both controllers out it’s difficult to see what’s connected to what. Hopefully the gear door sequencer will already be connected to the LED controller.

cheers

Comment

Ah ok thanks for your reply. The Venom has a gear door sequencer already installed next to the LED light controller. Without ripping both controllers out it’s difficult to see what’s connected to what. Hopefully the gear door sequencer will already be connected to the LED controller.

cheers
            I've just finished installing all metal retracts on my old V2 F/A-18 and the stock gear sequencer needed to be "relieved of duty" due to the metal ones coming with it's own sequencer. As it turned out, the LED light controller was plugged into one of the ports (3 pin) on the stock sequencer for power. This couldn't be done on the new sequencer so the light controller had to be Y'd into any of the existing RX ports. I chose the to Y it with the UBEC lead, which goes into ch.9 of my set up as it was not used for anything else. I could have put it into any other port with a Y. Freewing LED controllers only need RX power (5v-6v). The controller will scale that down to whatever the lights need.

Comment

• OK I’ve been overthinking it. Just tested it by connecting one of the cockpit light leads to the LED controller, as Rocky9 told me to do and hey presto when you lower the gear, it illuminates 😁

Comment

• Not managed to fly it yet due to the weather. Got a couple of Admiral 5000s, how long to you reckon not aggressive flying. 4 mins ?

Comment

Not managed to fly it yet due to the weather. Got a couple of Admiral 5000s, how long to you reckon not aggressive flying. 4 mins ?
                  I have an older Venom which has the Outrunner EDF. I can usually get 3:30 minutes. The High Performance version with the Inrunner EDF, you will probably get close to 4 min with good throttle management using the Admiral 5000.

Comment

• Thanks 👍

Comment

• Took a video of my friend AF flying his Venom. Great flight and great landing. I'm in awe of this plane's flight envelope. I lost mine due to grabbing a discharged battery instead of a full one. So bummed, especially after seeing and hearing AF's in the air!

Enjoy!

Jose

Comment

• I can usually get 6 minutes out of my Admiral 5000 with the throttle pulled back and just lazily tootling around. Powered up and doing aerobatics I do 3 minutes.

Rich

Comment

• Hello from Spain!
                          I'm a beginner on EDF planes, but also a scratch builder and I've owned many big gas warbirds.
                          Now I'm converting all my fleet to electric, cause I have less "maintenance" time and I need to "plug and fly".
                          My first option was Freewing ME-262 but due to our flying field, low EDF units of the ME-262 may cause me problems.
                          So I'm wondering on getting the Venom.
                          The question is that I already own some battery packs on 6S, but they're 6000mah 900g graphene bricks.
                          Do you think the Venom can handle this? Will I be able to get correct CG?
                          I know there's a test with Admiral 6000mah packs, but they're only 844g.

Here you have a couple of my latest electric planes :)
                          My next one will be the Heinkel 162 with 90mm EDF.
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	806B8DC5-573A-44F2-88CB-8C1F24BAA427.jpeg
Views:	412
Size:	156.7 KB
ID:	349495

Name:	9E15AC15-B0B9-4267-A627-748A790DA984.jpeg
Views:	326
Size:	135.7 KB
ID:	349496

Name:	77D0779D-E428-490B-AB86-50AE7DB5AADB.jpg
Views:	337
Size:	122.6 KB
ID:	349497

Comment

• Originally posted by Jumper74 View Post
                            So I'm wondering on getting the Venom.
                            The question is that I already own some battery packs on 6S, but they're 6000mah 900g graphene bricks.
                            Do you think the Venom can handle this? Will I be able to get correct CG?
                            I know there's a test with Admiral 6000mah packs, but they're only 844g.
                            Here is a picture of my Venom with an 800g, 5000mah, 6s pack. As you can see, it has to go as far back as possible against that rear lip. A 900g pack is possible if you cut that lip off and move the battery even further back. Those two little boxes (RX and light module) can be relocated elsewhere and you can be creative about how to stuff the battery/ESC wiring along side the battery.

Name:	IMG_4282.JPG
Views:	425
Size:	74.0 KB
ID:	349520

Comment

• Thanks Xviper for your quick reply.
                              My battery packs measure 55x65x160mm
                              Will they fit?

Comment

• The battery you see in my photo is 50mm X 50mm X 150mm. It's going to be tight. You could do it if you carve out some foam on each side. The 65mm side will have to go across the battery tray because if it were standing on edge, the canopy will not close. Even at 55mm in height, the canopy might have to get a shave. The battery will have to go much further rearward due to its length and the additional 100g of weight. But as you can see, after that lip, there is another 30mm or so of room. You can extend the battery tray and also relocate the battery strap. The light control box can get shoved deeper into that well (below where you see mine) and the RX can be relocated either to the rear where all the wires go in if you carve that space a bit bigger or put it to the nose of the plane with some extensions. Getting the battery cables to fit and have the canopy close will take some finesse.
                                This plane is very powerful and has a lot of lift, so other than battery placement for achieving the proper CG, the overall weight of the battery is nothing for the plane to carry.

Comment

• Ok, so even if there’s extra work, it’s possible.
                                  I’ll go for it and post pictures once finished
                                  Thanks again

Comment

• Recommend reciever for the Eflight T-33 shooting star

Comment

• Originally posted by Jwsimpso View Post
                                      Recommend reciever for the Eflight T-33 shooting star
                                      1. This is the Freewing 90mm Venom thread.
                                      2. Eflite doesn’t make a T-33.
                                      3. Without saying what radio system you use, it’s not possible to recommend a RX.

Comment

• Hi everyone, quite a few posts ago I saw Alpha's Venom, and how he started his metal treatment with aluminum tape.
                                        I decided to try something similar. It has been quite a process and I often get the feeling that I have bit more than I could chew here, but there's only one way to know if this is actually going to work, and that is , to finish the project.
                                        I have just added black tape to the wings. the plane now is to paint black the inside part of the wing tanks and the glare shield in front of the cockpit.
                                        I don't think she'll end up being a close up beauty but it will look good in the air.

This is where I am at right now, a work in progress, and I would like to share with you.

Comment

• Just had to get a new fuselage after some stupid flying. It’s now part red, part silver as MRC don’t have the silver fuselage in stock. Actually it doesn’t look too bad at all with Red fuselage and Silver wings with red tip tanks !

Having put it all back together, I can’t get the c of g anyway near without quite a bit of lead weight in the nose which I didn’t seem to need before. That’s using Admiral 6s 4500s and 5000s.
                                          Do you guys reckon the c of g as per the manual is pretty much correct ?

Comment

Working...
                                          X