Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guys, I've never had an issue landing this one, I used it to warm up with like my FW F-86. I use "barn door" flaps 75° to 85° nose down power off approach, then level off in ground effect, and a flare right before touchdown on the mains. There's not a high enough decent rate for a bounce, nor enough energy or airspeed for any additional unexpected flight. I do fly it only with an 8,000mah 6s brick from CNHL, so perhaps I have a different CG than most? But she's always landed like a docile trainer for me, stock gear, and zero mods.

Comment

• Originally posted by Phantom View Post
      Guys, I've never had an issue landing this one, I used it to warm up with like my FW F-86. I use "barn door" flaps 75° to 85° nose down power off approach, then level off in ground effect, and a flare right before touchdown on the mains. There's not a high enough decent rate for a bounce, nor enough energy or airspeed for any additional unexpected flight. I do fly it only with an 8,000mah 6s brick from CNHL, so perhaps I have a different CG than most? But she's always landed like a docile trainer for me, stock gear, and zero mods.
      Then you are way more skilled than the "average bear". It's the flare right before touchdown that I had to keep working on. Get it wrong and it bounces back down on its nose wheel and then the "kangaroo" begins. The B2 is the only other plane I have that takes a knack to land well. All others are fairly brainless.
      How on earth are you able to get an 8000mah, 6s battery in there? I barely get a 5000 in there and that's using some of my dimensionally smaller ones. I have 6000mah, 6s CNHL and I doubt I can get one in there and make it balance.

Comment

• Xviper, I posted about of using the 8,000mah brick back on post 196 of this thread, page 10 if I'm not mistaken. I posted pics a couple of posts later. After going back and reviewing the pages it would seem that there was a consensus about adding weight to the venom for a more forward CG and increased favorable flight characteristics. Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20221217-163753_Samsung Internet.jpg
Views:	374
Size:	29.3 KB
ID:	364296Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20221217-163716_Samsung Internet.jpg
Views:	354
Size:	36.6 KB
ID:	364297Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20221217-164259_Samsung Internet.jpg
Views:	368
Size:	52.2 KB
ID:	364298

Comment

• I see it now. That was 2.5 years ago. My memory is good, just really really short.

Comment

• Agreed same here!

Comment

• I'm running Admiral 6s 6,000s that weigh in at 910g so I don't think it's a C/G thing with me. The main struts really "spring back hard" when they decompress and my dampers are stopping that. I don't yet know if that is the main issue but it can't help.

When the weather improves and I get some more flights in I'll let you know if this mod is worth doing...

Comment

• Has anybody else noticed the Venom is "discontinued" on the Motion RC site? All the parts are "clearance" and discounted. Unfortunately, all but a few of the airframe parts are sold out.

Of course the question is:

Is this the end of the line for the Venom, or just the silver and red versions? Might this model return with a refresh along the lines of the ME-262 which finally got a correct color scheme? It'd be nice to see the Venom with 1950's RAF camouflage done as well as the ME-262.

Out of all the EDFs I have owned, I still think the Venom is the most fun to fly, and certainly has the best sound, bar none.

Comment

• I am pinging Freewing Direct to see if they sell and ship to U.S. direct......the website says they have them in stock and list U.S. shipping pricing and details.....I am asking for response to the Silver Model......

TwistedGrin

Comment

• They are a spoof web site…

Comment

• It is odd to sell direct ...still curious to see what response it will provide......

I still fly the smaller 4s HobbyKing Vampire EDF....it's a sweet little flyer. I should've snagged one of these Venom 59inch wing spans last year.......the hunt goes on.

TwistedGrin
                      Attached Files

Comment

• Looks like this bird is a confirmed "Unicorn" now......no vendor world wide is listing any stock. One of our local club members picked one up at a swap meet last summer.....I might start a relentless campaign to purchase it from him.....this has worked over the years to acquire cars, motorcycles, trailers......If I can convince their wives they can use the funds for home renovations it often helps my campaign.

The hunt continues

TwistedGrin

Comment

• Hi everyone, has anyone done any reinforcement to the nose gear mount?

Comment

• Originally posted by spanner76 View Post
                            Hi everyone, has anyone done any reinforcement to the nose gear mount?
                            yes i did.upgrade nose gear mount with freewing 80mm T33's Landing Gear Mounts,also cut some foam。Click image for larger version

Name:	微信图片_20240308224232.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	101.8 KB
ID:	398330
                            and i upgrade main landing gear with F9F's landing gear but the wheel is from fms 80mm F16
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	微信图片_20240308224527.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	58.5 KB
ID:	398331

Comment

• Originally posted by stojakovic View Post

yes i did.upgrade nose gear mount with freewing 80mm T33's Landing Gear Mounts,also cut some foam。Click image for larger version

Name:	微信图片_20240308224232.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	101.8 KB
ID:	398330
                              and i upgrade main landing gear with F9F's landing gear but the wheel is from fms 80mm F16
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	微信图片_20240308224527.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	58.5 KB
ID:	398331

excellent idea! thanks for that! I will look into doing something similar.

Comment

Working...
                              X