Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How about one of these? I used to love watching these fly into SFO as a child... they aren't used much here as people carriers anymore... but they use them to fight fires!!

Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
    I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• I would give a blank check for a 747. I think eflite had a 777 years ago that did ok. You still see them on eBay used every now and then. I remember the whole outfit was pretty expensive - you had to buy the motors separately. I think companies are gun shy due to the lack of mass demand....You never know until you try!

Comment

• A Bae 146 would be nice. I found this picture that shows they even have airbrakes on the tail. I am sure a working tanker variant that is capable of dropping an actual load of water or look alike retardant would be very cool and entertaining to fly.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Foothill-Fire_4_2014_Bob-Cheatham-REWORKED-2.jpg
Views:	217
Size:	58.8 KB
ID:	164681

Comment

• Originally posted by Evoman View Post
          A Bae 146 would be nice. I found this picture that shows they even have airbrakes on the tail. I am sure a working tanker variant that is capable of dropping an actual load of water or look alike retardant would be very cool and entertaining to fly.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Foothill-Fire_4_2014_Bob-Cheatham-REWORKED-2.jpg Views:	1 Size:	58.8 KB ID:	164681
          I would like to see how much water one could fly. Put a tank in the belly you can fill with liquid...Light a small (contained :O) fire in the field and try to put it out!!!

Maybe a powder instead of a liquid - considering water weighs 8lbs per gallon...That could put some serious weight and stress on a small model!

I had a homebuilt that could carry a bunch of small water balloons one time. Used to love dropping them....

That sounds fun!

Comment

• Here is a good pic of the Bea 146 airbrake. It seems pretty simple to duplicate.

Name:	Bae146- Airbrake.jpg
Views:	222
Size:	58.2 KB
ID:	164699

Comment

• OK, yea a BAE 146 is a great looking plane. But I still opt for the good ole Boeing 737. It's a lot easier to make and manage a 2 engine model over a 4 engine model, not saying 4 engines is bad, just sayin.

I'm afraid getting an airliner made by a quality company isn't happening anytime soon. If you want to spend a few thousand the HSD 747 is coming I think, but I'm not into spending this kind of scratch on something I could ultimately pancake. I will have that HK C-130 once I get lucky enough to get an order placed for one.

There are some places making them for big buck's with marginal performance at best. I have the A380, and C-17 variants still in boxes. I build them and mod them when I have time, (No I wont be putting any water balloons on them, LOL). Just for the record, I think to each there own, and I respect that. Just poking a little fun.

I'm pretty much giving up on the quality freewing/flightline folks producing anything I would consider cool. Fundamentally I think we see cool very differently, as many of you and I. Alpha is a really great guy, but he is not the big decision maker here. The MRC mind set regarding new models is fixed, (in my opinion). It isn't going to change in my mind. Love em, love many of there products, they're just never going to do this. when you add there trusted entourage of supporters, and the large part of the hobby that is convinced these are always just going to be a cult models. That's what they said about the C-130. HK sold all of there C-130's they had available, (BY Invitation only I might add) in about 3 days. C-130 is a cargo airliner folks! I flew them for about 20 years, I know what it is. whether you recognize this or not is really up to you, LOL

SEEMS LIKE IT WOULD BE A NO BRAINER TO MAKE A LOCKHEED SUPER CONSTELLATION. This is what I consider one of the coolest airliners ever built. But we don't have one.... Or even thoughts or whispers of making one.

So, to me, a B-737 seems like a total no brainer. But what the ...k do I know. LOL Here some pictures for you.
              Attached Files

Comment

• How many have seen this? I'm going to print a set of these plans this weekend, evaluate how viable it is. Check it out.

Rc Depron Boeing 737-500 40mm Edf: I have a passion for Rc airliners, There are not many available build your own kits, mainly only almost ready to fly kits, so ive designed my own Boeing 737-500. It is built from depron, lite ply and balsa. Its been designed for 5 channel radio.

Woody

Comment

• This diehard Seattle Seahawks fan would love a 737 with Alaska Airlines Russell Wilson livery please. :)

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	248
Size:	508.8 KB
ID:	165096
                  My YouTube RC videos:
                  https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• I always like this jet

Comment

• DC10! YES!

Comment

• I'm a big fan of the DC-4. I'd love to see this one done.

EAA# 1366802
                        AMA# 631508

https://vf59.weebly.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by bradl4648 View Post
                          I always like this jet
                          I agree 100%. I would go with a North West Orient livery though.

Woody

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
                            This diehard Seattle Seahawks fan would love a 737 with Alaska Airlines Russell Wilson livery please. :)

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture.PNG Views:	1 Size:	508.8 KB ID:	165096
                            You and yur Sea hawks, Argh! How ya doing mate, hope all is well. Just kidding about the Sea hawks man, they're great. Ran into a Jim Kelly Buffalo fan down Guam, we hit it off, had a few beers.
                            I personally like the All Nippon Airways, "Star Wars" Airliners.

Best Regards
                            Woody
                            Attached Files

Comment

• How about a Shamu 737?

Comment

• Hey Woody! Love that Star Wars livery too!
                                My YouTube RC videos:
                                https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by bradl4648 View Post
                                  I always like this jet
                                  yeah a DC-10 would be nice now that a 747 is in process via hsd

Comment

• Originally posted by Woodcock View Post
                                    OK, yea a BAE 146 is a great looking plane. But I still opt for the good ole Boeing 737. It's a lot easier to make and manage a 2 engine model over a 4 engine model, not saying 4 engines is bad, just sayin.

I'm afraid getting an airliner made by a quality company isn't happening anytime soon. If you want to spend a few thousand the HSD 747 is coming I think, but I'm not into spending this kind of scratch on something I could ultimately pancake. I will have that HK C-130 once I get lucky enough to get an order placed for one.

There are some places making them for big buck's with marginal performance at best. I have the A380, and C-17 variants still in boxes. I build them and mod them when I have time, (No I wont be putting any water balloons on them, LOL). Just for the record, I think to each there own, and I respect that. Just poking a little fun.

I'm pretty much giving up on the quality freewing/flightline folks producing anything I would consider cool. Fundamentally I think we see cool very differently, as many of you and I. Alpha is a really great guy, but he is not the big decision maker here. The MRC mind set regarding new models is fixed, (in my opinion). It isn't going to change in my mind. Love em, love many of there products, they're just never going to do this. when you add there trusted entourage of supporters, and the large part of the hobby that is convinced these are always just going to be a cult models. That's what they said about the C-130. HK sold all of there C-130's they had available, (BY Invitation only I might add) in about 3 days. C-130 is a cargo airliner folks! I flew them for about 20 years, I know what it is. whether you recognize this or not is really up to you, LOL

SEEMS LIKE IT WOULD BE A NO BRAINER TO MAKE A LOCKHEED SUPER CONSTELLATION. This is what I consider one of the coolest airliners ever built. But we don't have one.... Or even thoughts or whispers of making one.

So, to me, a B-737 seems like a total no brainer. But what the ...k do I know. LOL Here some pictures for you.
                                    the only reason why I didn't say the 737 is because it has been done. I do love them and especially the older ones! When I was younger we would sit near SFO and watch them take off! The 737-200 was such a loud plane!! loved it!! I love them now too since they have gotten even more powerful. Such a fun ride!
                                    Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
                                    I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• Originally posted by gooniac33 View Post

the only reason why I didn't say the 737 is because it has been done. I do love them and especially the older ones! When I was younger we would sit near SFO and watch them take off! The 737-200 was such a loud plane!! loved it!! I love them now too since they have gotten even more powerful. Such a fun ride!
                                      Yea, but it really hasn't been done by anyone of significant's. Done with a focus of quality, and performance. The FlyFly version costs the price of a good used car, and is really a sled, way to heavy, looks nice though. Basically we're never going to see one from Freewing. Maybe from Dynam.

So a bit of good news, for those of you that don't know, Windrider has opened pre-orders for one last batch of their B-737-700 kit. If you want a kit this is the one to get in my opinion. I'm pretty sure I could get this one to fly pretty good with a little investment of time. I would get the kit with the retracts, source Freewing servos, and Fans. It will take a bit of work but should make a nice end result. It will take some work!

As for me, I'm swallowing the pill! Going to get set up to scratch build a few planes. Mostly ones I'll never see in my life time. I'm starting with this, "https://www.instructables.com/id/Rc-...-500-40mm-Edf/". I reviewed this last weekend, and watched a video of a guy that made a hand launch of one of these. Best flying one I've seen to date.

Still gotta get setup though. Large work table. CNC laser cutter, and but of course good quality 3D printer. I already have a small CNC milling machine, CNC lathe, (For Making the custom Retracts I'm probably going to need to make).

Then it's onward and upward! I figure if Ramey can do it, I can. LOL

My end goal. To build a beautiful, "Lockheed Super Connie" with all the bells and whistles. I personally cannot believe this beautiful aircraft has been left out of the line up for years. I look at this in complete disbelief most of the time. But it is an airliner, LOL and we know how many feel about those.

I promise to purchase the very next Freewing or Flightline model presented, as long as it's not military or former military. Oh, Oh, Oh! For any nation. (Hey Alpha, I will purchase an S-3 Viking, this is my lone exception LOL)

Best Regards
                                      Woody

PS, yea Goon the older ones are defiantly cooler looking, in my opinion. W

Comment

• Originally posted by Woodcock View Post
                                        My end goal. To build a beautiful, "Lockheed Super Connie" with all the bells and whistles.
                                        Same here. The Super Connie is one of few "Magnum Opus" projects I have been thinking about for a few years, which I plan on eventually doing if it doesn't get released by FW or another manufacturer.

I want one of these as much as I want a DC-10, 777, and 747 in the 2m-2.5m range. I'm anxious to see how my A330 project turns out, as that would help me figure if the larger airliners are worth the effort.

Comment

• So Airliner Fan's, Checkout this video of one of the newest Boeing 737's doing a vertical departure. Many people say no one would purchase a model of one of these! LOL What do you think? That's exactly what many use to say about the good ole C-130, now arguable the hottest RC model on the market.
                                          Stunning Video.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Best Regards
                                          Woody

Comment

Working...
                                          X