Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would love a Connie! Took these shots when I was at the Seattle Museum of Flight a couple months back...

My YouTube RC videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Woodcock said, Connie's aren't as big in real life as they seem in the pictures... well I beg to differ! I was at the Thunder over Michigan airshow a few months ago (near Detroit) and the Yankee Air Museum wheeled out the Connie it just saved for display, stained from bird poop and all (they are getting ready to restore it) and it was possible to walk up to it and around it, and inside as well. I took this picture from Waaaaaaaaaaaay back. It is a BIG plane. The wingspan is only 20' less than a Boeing 707. (This is an EC-121 Warning Star). The propellers are 15' diameter!

Click image for larger version  Name:	Connie2.jpg Views:	1 Size:	142.2 KB ID:	158417
      Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• Very cool themudduck! That's a nice configuration for a Connie and an airliner I could live with.

Comment

• Well MD, each person is entitled to their own prospective mate. Having flown larger planes & helicopters most of my professional life, I just think they look much larger in pictures. You, and Aros both posted pictures of Super Constellation's. Very early on in my Flying Carrier, (I was 18) I actually flew a run out Super Constellation, a former TWA Super Connie as a matter of fact, wasn't as pretty as the one Aros posted though, as with all fire planes of that day it was pretty used up. But it flew, used a tone of oil, I spent most of my spare time cleaning oil, and oiling up the engines. They're a really beautiful plane, (I think they're one of the most beautiful planes ever made). If we had a little prospective, say we pulled a garden verity South West Airlines 737 up next to it, you'd see what I mean. If you see one parked next to a DC-3, well Connie is a little bigger, "meaning not super constellation" but not much. Put tricycle gear on a DC-3, add 2 engines, they would look about the same size, but Connie would be just a bit bigger. I posted these pictures a while back, I had to take a Private Jet, to Scranton Penn., We stopped in Selena Kansas. I saw this on the way there, and made sure and took a few shots on the way back. Ya have to zoom in closely. I wish I had time to go look at it, but we were on a tight schedule. Flight line operator said they had been working on it for 10 years. To me, "at least" I always thought a Lockheed Electra looked and felt a lot bigger. I do love this plane though. I think if Motion & Flightline made one of these it would be awesome.

PS you have to look closely, I wasn't very close. You can zoom in quite a bit get a better view, looked in really good shape from what I could see,

Comment

• aircraft#52 "Tengarang Airlines Flight 911"

Update some progress made this afternoon.

some gorilla glue was used to fill in the empty cavities of the nacelle to stiffen the structural integrity of the older Eflite foam....
            Tomorrows activity will entail parts placement and routing of the ESC and wire length matching.

LET

Attached Files

Comment

• Hi HS as a new member to the HS community I would like to propose a Lockheed Martin C130J Super Hercules or a Boeing C17 Globemaster 111

Comment

• Welcome Pete!!! Glad to have you on board!!! Have a great week!!! Jerry

Comment

• Welcome to the Squawk Pete! I like your train of thought. Even a C-141 or a C-5 would be nice. The landing gear on those would be a challenge to make though.

Comment

• Hi Pete,

Welcome to HS glad to have you here with us.

LET

Comment

• Hey Woody, I agree with you that the Connie is one of the best-looking airplanes ever. Even messed up with all that extra stuff stuck on it, the EC121 still looks pretty good.... I saw "Save-a-Connie's" TWA Super-G restoration several years ago at Cleveland and it was spectacular. Maybe its not as large as some modern jetliners but it looks very large when you're next to it... you can walk under it with feet to spare (jets are usually a lot lower to the ground) and those giant props look like windmills! But I guess its all a matter of your own perspective, like you said. Regardless---- this would make an absolutely spectacular model.

Click image for larger version

Name:	connie.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	140.1 KB
ID:	158662
                      Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• Wish I had a high res pic of that, I might just print that frame it and hang in my office. Welcome Pete! We have a C-130 on the way, and you can get a C-17 at HSDGO.com.

Best Regards
                        Woody

Comment

• Looks like HSD is stepping it up.
                          Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

i hope its a beta version, as the undercarriage is no where resembling the jumbo jet. However i am now Very worried about real estate and my wallet....haven't bought a plane in 9 months.... the bladder is getting awfully full

Comment

• I must have gotten lucky, my 340 has four sets of retractable gear. The extra is in the middle of the belly in between the wing retracts.

Comment

• Originally posted by lmramos44 View Post
                              I must have gotten lucky, my 340 has four sets of retractable gear. The extra is in the middle of the belly in between the wing retracts.
                              Yep like mine too

video, sharing, camera phone, video phone, free, upload

Comment

• Dear Friends, and update for today.

aircraft#52 "Tengarang Airlines Flight 911"

Hope everything is well, the tengarang airlines 911 is making way and almost ready to go. Will need some cosmetic work on the inboard nacelles later but she is essentially ready to go just need to button her up a bit and do some last functional test.

Today we have measure again all 4 nacelles individually and then together all at once.

I am happy with the 3s setup on average we get ~430 watts to the nacelles "un-shared " load, at an average under load of 11.6V which is 500mV above 11.1V nominal which means at 3s the battery is happy.

If i combine the 4 nacelles we loose bout 41% total efficiency at 1000 Watts which gives ~10V underload, this is 1.1V under the nominal i would like to see on the static ground test but its close enough the battery is struggling abit, which means i will consider checking how this plane will handle two 4000mah 3s 55C packs. If the CG is good then i will consider going this route for the maiden flight as the extra capacity will for sure raise the 10.1V under load above the 11.1V nominal.

Start Test

Measure Idle voltage: 12.49V

Test data Engine 1: 37A. 430watts 11.62V

Measure Idle voltage: 12.43V

Test data Engine 4: 37A. 429watts 11.59V

Test data Engine 3: 37A. 432watts 11.675V

Measure Idle voltage: 12.36V

Test data Engine 2: 37A. 432Watts 11.675V

Measure Idle voltage: 12.35V

Engine 1-2-3-4 Together: 99A 1000watts 10.01V

End Test

LET

Comment

• Originally posted by tengarang View Post
                                  Dear Friends, and update for today.

aircraft#52 "Tengarang Airlines Flight 911"

Hope everything is well, the tengarang airlines 911 is making way and almost ready to go. Will need some cosmetic work on the inboard nacelles later but she is essentially ready to go just need to button her up a bit and do some last functional test.

Today we have measure again all 4 nacelles individually and then together all at once.

I am happy with the 3s setup on average we get ~430 watts to the nacelles "un-shared " load, at an average under load of 11.6V which is 500mV above 11.1V nominal which means at 3s the battery is happy.

If i combine the 4 nacelles we loose bout 41% total efficiency at 1000 Watts which gives ~10V underload, this is 1.1V under the nominal i would like to see on the static ground test but its close enough the battery is struggling abit, which means i will consider checking how this plane will handle two 4000mah 3s 55C packs. If the CG is good then i will consider going this route for the maiden flight as the extra capacity will for sure raise the 10.1V under load above the 11.1V nominal.

Start Test

Measure Idle voltage: 12.49V

Test data Engine 1: 37A. 430watts 11.62V

Test data Engine 4: 37A. 429watts 11.59V

Test data Engine 3: 37A. 432watts 11.675V

Measure Idle voltage: 12.36V

Test data Engine 2: 37A. 432Watts 11.675V

Measure Idle voltage: 12.35V

Engine 1-2-3-4 Together: 99A 1000watts 10.01V

End Test

LET
                                  years ago I mounted 2 of those edf’s on the wing of the Eflite super cub. Search modified Eflite super cub on google and YouTube .

Comment

years ago I mounted 2 of those edf’s on the wing of the Eflite super cub. Search modified Eflite super cub on google and YouTube .
                                    nice, i did the search but could not find it please share the link if you have it.

Comment

• Originally posted by tengarang View Post

nice, i did the search but could not find it please share the link if you have it.

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...lite+super+cub
                                      Search this on YouTube:
                                      Hobbyzone super cub final mods - Link on next post

Comment

• Comment

Hey that is pretty cool, looks like the stock eflite setup. How did it fly any videos?

Comment

Working...
                                          X