• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've LOVE to have a 747 or DC-10.

1600 - 2000mm is what I'd want.

Comment

Originally posted by T-CAT View Post
      For simplicity, I would prefer twin over triple or quad EDF. However, I’ve always wanted a large C-17 (although it’s not an airliner per say). Something in the 60”” or larger length of fuselage range. Also, a DC-10, 747, 737, as well as some private jets such as Gulfstreams, Learjets, and a Citation X.

In addition, it’’s not an EDF of course, but just had to mention it, but a C-130 with ESC’s that allow for reverse thrust!
      The interesting thing about an RC DC-10 is that it could potentially give the owner the option to run it with just twin EDF's if so desired for simplicity. And for those that what more thrust they can run the Triple EDF set up.

Here are two RC DC-10's both running Twin EDF and Twin Turbines.

Comment

Would love a DC10
        has to be big enough to take off of grass....please

how about a comet

Comment

Ive recently been bit by the airliner bug and built an ERJ-145XR, and I'm slowly working on a 2M A330-300. I'd love to see a DC-10 done by Freewing.

pics of the ERJ. twin 50mm, 46.4" wingspan, 65.3" long.

Comment

That's sweet Dirty Dee!
            My YouTube RC videos:
            https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

I think there would be more than enough interest in any properly done commercial airliner. Either prop or edf. I would rather a modern edf commercial but would purchase a DC3 or similar if freewing/flightline released one.
                I think some of the supreme hobbies Airbus models look good but stock is limited and parts pretty much non existent.
                let's see if HSD brings one to the party like they've suggested?

Comment

• Marco Polo
                  Marco Polo commented
                  Editing a comment
                  My preference would be a modern jet airliner (something that is flying today) either Boeing or Airbus. I purchased a supreme hobbies Airbus about a year ago. It wasn't bad in terms of overall looks and assembly, but the EDFs were massively out of balance and the retracts were very cheap quality and only deployed 50% of the time. They have potential and I like that they are focusing on affordable scale passenger jets.

Originally posted by Dirty Dee View Post
                Ive recently been bit by the airliner bug and built an ERJ-145XR, and I'm slowly working on a 2M A330-300. I'd love to see a DC-10 done by Freewing.

pics of the ERJ. twin 50mm, 46.4" wingspan, 65.3" long.
                Who makes this kit??

Comment

Dirty Dee designed and scratchbuilt that ERJ-145 of his out of ply and foam. Quite impressive! How's the Clark Y performing?
                  Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Thanks Alpha!

Only had the maiden to get a feeler of the plane, but it flew very nicely for the 5 minutes of stick time I've had. I'm sure the Clark Y helps a ton to compensate for the small wing area. A bad servo Y harness caused a signal loss on the second, so it went through a major Re-built last fall and is awaiting a re-maiden when weather finally opens up. Hoping for lots of trouble free flights this year. I also learned with this build the downside of priming gray before white (1412g AUW primered to 1675g after rebuild and livery:)).

Link to the plans + stl files for anyone interested.

Comment

• Marco Polo
                      Marco Polo commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Amazing that your main wing looks totally intact after the crash..

Did I mention I love T tails? What Marco Polo said...Amazing how intact much of it still was!
                    My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

I would love another EDF airliner. Look at my avatar, I was able to pick up one of the old Eflite 777 Super Airliners at a swap meet recently.

For pure fun flying, this plane is a hoot! Everyone at the field always stops and watches when I take off with it.

I installed the GT power 3w high power lighting kit in it and it really looks cool when it flys by.

I also installed 3" dual main wheels and 2-1/4" dual nose wheels and the plane takes off easily off of grass.

Since you wanted some suggested specs, here are mine:

Max wingspan - 59". You can fit that in most SUV size vehicles at an angle without having to take the wings off.

Believe me, a 59" wingspan plane is BIG because with airliners the fuselage is usually a lot longer then the wingspan.

Twin 70mm fans. Anything more will increase the cost and not be necessary in a 59" wingspan plane.

Big wheels to operate off of grass.

All of the above specs would probably suggest a Boeing 737. However I would also love a 767 for the military possibilities.

Hey Tom or Mark, I'm only located about 20 mi from you guys, I don't know if you've ever seen the Eflite Super Airliner or not, but if you want to sample it, give me a shout!
                      Super Airliner, Corsair, Viper, BAE Hawk, L-39, A-6, PC-21, B-25, T-28, GeeBee, Wildcat, Stinson, F-16, F-4

Comment

Whats up fellow RC Airliner Enthusiasts:

First off thanks Marco Polo for starting this thread, i only stumbled upon this thread this morning.

I will definitely be following this thread as my number one interest in the RC community as a whole.

Marco Polo: "If you like the idea, post your wish list in terms of type of plane, wingspan, EDF size, scale features, color schemes, etc. Throw out any idea, big or small"

Tengarang:

Minimum requirements
                        EDF type: 64mm 12 blade
                        EDF Count: twin, tri, quad all ok. I prefer a 7478i , DC-10 , 787 , 757, 767, 737 727 Tristar L-1011... you get the picture.
                        Battery: Twin 4s 4000mah 45C (8000mah capacity total)
                        Wingspan: 1500mm - 2000mm to fit in most SUV's. Bonus if the airplane can fit without disassembling the wing. Just like the flightline B-24 @ 2000m the fuse is short so the plane can be loaded in sideways with the wings in tact.
                        Retracts: scale
                        flaps: scale
                        lights: scale
                        Price range 500usd to 1K shipped to lower 48 states

Preferred requirements
                        EDF type: 80mm 12 blade
                        EDF Count: twin, tri, quad all ok. I prefer a 7478i , DC-10 , 787 , 757, 767, 737 727 Tristar L-1011... you get the picture.
                        Battery: Twin 6s 5000mah 45C (10,000mah capacity total)
                        Wingspan: 1500mm - 200mm to fit in most SUV's. Bonus if the airplane can fit without disassembling the wing. Just like the flightline B-24 @ 2000m the fuse is short so the plane can be loaded in sideways with the wings in tact.
                        Retracts: scale
                        flaps: scale
                        lights: scale
                        Price range 500usd to 1K shipped to lower 48 states

My Youtube Channel:

I own the Tian Sheng Models A380 with 55mm 5 blade outrunner as well as the supreme hobbies A340-600 50mm Xrp fan with outrunner 10 or 11 blade

aerial photos of my A380
                        video, sharing, camera phone, video phone, free, upload

aerial hotos of my A340-600
                        video, sharing, camera phone, video phone, free, upload

If i had a choice and if this would be feasible for Motion RC in all aspects for launching this campaign, then i would prefer a 7478i or DC-10.

Schemes are not really a big issue since we have Callie helping us all

Best Wishes

Tengarang / LordEmperorTeng of the tengarang Fleet

See posts, photos and more on Facebook.

Comment

Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
                          My first wish will always be for the Concorde. It's the one remaining Unicorn in this hobby. Would also love the Connie. Any of the Boeing classics would be sweet. Dreamliner, 747, 727, 737, etc... MD DC-3/8/9/10...
                          I had the old Robbe Concorde with the hidden pusher prop on 400 can motors and it was a BLAST. It always drew attention when I flew it and it was a blast to run in the circuit.

Comment

Originally posted by V12Kid View Post

I had the old Robbe Concorde with the hidden pusher prop on 400 can motors and it was a BLAST. It always drew attention when I flew it and it was a blast to run in the circuit.
                            Concorde is an amazing jet. These airliners always get the most attention at my club and the RC events ive been to. So well known yet so little attention.... things need to change.

Comment

Might be interested in add large civilian transport to my stable...

Comment

Originally posted by V12Kid View Post

I bet! That looks like it was pretty cool! Wish they still had them around, I would have to snag one.

Nice A380 and welcome to the Squawk both of you!

My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post

I bet! That looks like it was pretty cool! Wish they still had them around, I would have to snag one.

Nice A380 and welcome to the Squawk both of you!
                                  Motion has always been a "home" for me... feeling happy and fortunate to be here, thank you for the warm welcome Aros. Thank you...

LET

Comment

I am game for a Freewing Jumbo jet AKA a Boeing 747-400.

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by N827TM View Post
                                      I am game for a Freewing Jumbo jet AKA a Boeing 747-400.

Tom
                                      747-400 Anyday.......

Comment

Working...
                                      X