Motion RC Gift Cards - The Perfect Gift!

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How about an Airliner?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is another great suggestion with three possible variants! The DC-10 commercial variant, KC-10 Air refueling tanker and the DC-10 Super Tanker for fire fighting.
    Plus it could possibly be ran on twin or triple 80mm EDF's!

Click image for larger version  Name:	KC-10 Re.jpg Views:	1 Size:	55.8 KB ID:	115242

Click image for larger version  Name:	DC-10 AA.jpg Views:	1 Size:	57.0 KB ID:	115243
    Click image for larger version  Name:	incendio-gr.png Views:	1 Size:	597.2 KB ID:	115245

Comment

I was the first to suggest earlier in the thread and can't believe that I'm the only one that so far has suggested the "Connie" for this "Airliner" suggestion thread.
      The Lockheed Constellation has a legacy that is far reaching throughout the world.
      Countless countries flew the "Queen of the Skies" as a commercial airliner which was led in the US by Trans World Airlines (TWA)
      It saw considerable service with the USAF and USN.
      It was also the first aircraft to get the call sign "Air Force One" which carried President Eisenhower.
      Such a great icon and it's history leaves it with endless liveries to be used.
      The B-24 didn't do much for me as it did for others, but put a 2050mm Flight Line one of these out there and I along with hundreds of others will keep MRC struggling to keep it in stock.
      I'd much prefer 7-8 minutes of flight time with a prop driven airliner versus 4 with a twin EDF that have the basic same look.....ie 737 or 757 or 767
      That's my pitch Marc............ ;)
      More pics to entice:

The first Air Force One - "Columbine II"........................TWA.................. .. .................................................. ..........Even Cuba had an airline
      Click image for larger version  Name:	01b.jpg Views:	1 Size:	162.8 KB ID:	115253Click image for larger version  Name:	01a.jpg Views:	1 Size:	88.8 KB ID:	115247Click image for larger version  Name:	01g.jpg Views:	1 Size:	90.1 KB ID:	115248

Some of the Super Connies:
      TWA......................................French Breitling....................Australian Qantus................KLM Royal Dutch
      Click image for larger version  Name:	01c.jpg Views:	1 Size:	135.4 KB ID:	115249Click image for larger version  Name:	01d.jpg Views:	1 Size:	42.8 KB ID:	115250Click image for larger version  Name:	01e.jpg Views:	1 Size:	77.6 KB ID:	115251Click image for larger version  Name:	01f.jpg Views:	1 Size:	141.2 KB ID:	115252

Even the Blue Angels had one
      Click image for larger version  Name:	01h.jpg Views:	1 Size:	185.2 KB ID:	115254
      Warbird Charlie
      HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Here is a good video about the DC-10 Super Tanker. By the way wouldn't it be cool to have an RC model doing air drops of red talcum powder or red dyed water!

Comment

Connie in Blue Angels livery & C-130 Fat Albert livery... sounds good.

DH Comet (too bad they made the windows the wrong shape on that)

Lots of good airliner and transport aircraft to make.

A lot of the 4 engine jet airliners would need to use smaller EDFs to keep from making monstrously huge models.
          FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
            My first wish will always be for the Concorde. It's the one remaining Unicorn in this hobby. Would also love the Connie. Any of the Boeing classics would be sweet. Dreamliner, 747, 727, 737, etc... MD DC-3/8/9/10...
            Ahem OV10. ;)LOL

The Connie would be a fantastic, iconic addition to the RC hobby no doubt. Evoman, love the DC-10 and it's variants...

My YouTube RC videos:
            https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Originally posted by OV10 View Post
              I was the first to suggest earlier in the thread and can't believe that I'm the only one that so far has suggested the "Connie" for this "Airliner" suggestion thread.
              The Lockheed Constellation has a legacy that is far reaching throughout the world.
              Countless countries flew the "Queen of the Skies" as a commercial airliner which was led in the US by Trans World Airlines (TWA)
              It saw considerable service with the USAF and USN.
              It was also the first aircraft to get the call sign "Air Force One" which carried President Eisenhower.
              Such a great icon and it's history leaves it with endless liveries to be used.
              The B-24 didn't do much for me as it did for others, but put a 2050mm Flight Line one of these out there and I along with hundreds of others will keep MRC struggling to keep it in stock.
              I'd much prefer 7-8 minutes of flight time with a prop driven airliner versus 4 with a twin EDF that have the basic same look.....ie 737 or 757 or 767
              That's my pitch Marc............ ;)
              Well I was thinking of EDFs since this thread is under the jets thread... but the Connie has been my favorite plane, all-time, ever since I was a boy. I saw a gigantic one at Toledo two years ago that was amazing. But it was meant for big-ass gas motors. A big foamie with giant 3-bladed props in the standard white and red TWA livery would make me... um.... it would make me..... distracted. And probably wet my pants.
              Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

Originally posted by themudduck View Post

Well I was thinking of EDFs since this thread is under the jets thread... but the Connie has been my favorite plane, all-time, ever since I was a boy. I saw a gigantic one at Toledo two years ago that was amazing. But it was meant for big-ass gas motors. A big foamie with giant 3-bladed props in the standard white and red TWA livery would make me... um.... it would make me..... distracted. And probably wet my pants.
                And a dumb ass I am ;)..............no more Connie talk from me in the jet section :Crying:
                Warbird Charlie
                HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Nah, no worries. Airliners are Airliners. Most would be EDF but Mark appreciates a comprehensive list including iconic prop-driven classics like Connie.
                  My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Originally posted by OV10 View Post

And a dumb ass I am ;)..............no more Connie talk from me in the jet section :Crying:
                    Completely missed that as well, oops. On the firefighting side, a 747 done as the Global Supertanker would be pretty cool as well. This bird carries an absolutely ridiculous amount of water!

Of course a 707 would be pretty cool too, and could be also be sold as a KC-135. Then we could do scale rolls if painted up as the -80 prototype!

Comment

OK, it's not a jet, but it's a simply gorgeous airliner. Make it about 1700 mm with scale retracts Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	381
Size:	246.8 KB
ID:	115395

Comment

For simplicity, I would prefer twin over triple or quad EDF. However, I’ve always wanted a large C-17 (although it’s not an airliner per say). Something in the 60”” or larger length of fuselage range. Also, a DC-10, 747, 737, as well as some private jets such as Gulfstreams, Learjets, and a Citation X.

In addition, it’’s not an EDF of course, but just had to mention it, but a C-130 with ESC’s that allow for reverse thrust!

Comment

Originally posted by T-CAT View Post
                          For simplicity, I would prefer twin over triple or quad EDF. However, I’ve always wanted a large C-17 (although it’s not an airliner per say). Something in the 60”” or larger length of fuselage range. Also, a DC-10, 747, 737, as well as some private jets such as Gulfstreams, Learjets, and a Citation X.

In addition, it’’s not an EDF of course, but just had to mention it, but a C-130 with ESC’s that allow for reverse thrust!
                          Car ESCs would allow the reverse thrust.

But you'd need a "detent" on your throttle stick to indicate 0 or you'd need to use computer mixing to limit throttle to forward only, then flip a switch for reduced available forward and allow reverse.
                          Also with the reverse available mode you'd want to mix with rudder because they do vary the throttle from side to side to aid in taxiing the full scale aircraft.

Comment

...as well as some private jets such as Gulfstreams, Learjets, and a Citation X.
                            Yes I would love for us to carry civilian/commercial jets like those mentioned!

My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Originally posted by fhhuber View Post

Car ESCs would allow the reverse thrust.

But you'd need a "detent" on your throttle stick to indicate 0 or you'd need to use computer mixing to limit throttle to forward only, then flip a switch for reduced available forward and allow reverse.
                              Also with the reverse available mode you'd want to mix with rudder because they do vary the throttle from side to side to aid in taxiing the full scale aircraft.
                              If I’m not mistaken, some aircraft ESC’s have reverse thrust such as some YEP’s and I possibly the upper scale Hobbywing series does as well, but have to check into it. That would be a great feature to see on an airliner :):Cool:.

Comment

Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post

Yes I would love for us to carry civilian/commercial jets like those mentioned!
                                It would be excellent. I haven’t seen a foam one yet that would make me want one. In my opinion, who better than Freewing to bring it to the market and knock it out of the park.

Comment

When I first saw this post, not realizing it was under the EDF heading, the DC-3 was the first to come to mind followed closely by the Connie, and then the Lockheed Electra. I would buy both of these twin aircraft, but for a 4 engine I’d like a 2m Avro 691 Lancastrian!
                                  I'm gonna get a Lanc, one way ore another!LOL

Comment

If I’m not mistaken, some aircraft ESC’s have reverse thrust such as some YEP’s and I possibly the upper scale Hobbywing series does as well, but have to check into it. That would be a great feature to see on an airliner :):Cool:.
                                    Far as I know, the aircraft ESCs that have reverse mode, that has to be done by programming card or beep cod or computer interface, not while flying/taxiing.

Comment

It would be excellent. I haven’t seen a foam one yet that would make me want one. In my opinion, who better than Freewing to bring it to the market and knock it out of the park.
                                      Exactamundo! LOL
                                      My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

One classic airliner that is missing from all makers is the China Clipper, Martin M-130.

Comment

Originally posted by davecee View Post
                                          OK, it's not a jet, but it's a simply gorgeous airliner. Make it about 1700 mm with scale retracts Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	381
Size:	246.8 KB
ID:	115395
                                          Make it a 2000 mm and in AA Airlines livery (Flagship Texas, and don't forget the passenger door for AA was on the starboard side!!) and I'm there!!
                                          Flagship Texas as she was when I was part owner...
                                          Click image for larger version

Name:	Scan016.jpg
Views:	245
Size:	141.0 KB
ID:	115502

Grossman56
                                          Team Gross!

Comment

Working...
                                          X