Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ive often thought it would be cool to have an Airliners made to look like Air Force One I'm sure Callie Graphics could do another superb job with decals

Comment

Comment

I was wanting to do this 737 after seeing it in Thailand...

Comment

Airforce 1 may be an appropriate scheme in Stock form for the 747's.. just Sayin

Comment

Originally posted by tengarang View Post
            Whats up fellow RC Airliner Enthusiasts:

First off thanks Marco Polo for starting this thread, i only stumbled upon this thread this morning.

I will definitely be following this thread as my number one interest in the RC community as a whole.

Marco Polo: "If you like the idea, post your wish list in terms of type of plane, wingspan, EDF size, scale features, color schemes, etc. Throw out any idea, big or small"

Tengarang:

Minimum requirements
            EDF type: 64mm 12 blade
            EDF Count: twin, tri, quad all ok. I prefer a 7478i , DC-10 , 787 , 757, 767, 737 727 Tristar L-1011... you get the picture.
            Battery: Twin 4s 4000mah 45C (8000mah capacity total)
            Wingspan: 1500mm - 2000mm to fit in most SUV's. Bonus if the airplane can fit without disassembling the wing. Just like the flightline B-24 @ 2000m the fuse is short so the plane can be loaded in sideways with the wings in tact.
            Retracts: scale
            flaps: scale
            lights: scale
            Price range 500usd to 1K shipped to lower 48 states

Preferred requirements
            EDF type: 80mm 12 blade
            EDF Count: twin, tri, quad all ok. I prefer a 7478i , DC-10 , 787 , 757, 767, 737 727 Tristar L-1011... you get the picture.
            Battery: Twin 6s 5000mah 45C (10,000mah capacity total)
            Wingspan: 1500mm - 200mm to fit in most SUV's. Bonus if the airplane can fit without disassembling the wing. Just like the flightline B-24 @ 2000m the fuse is short so the plane can be loaded in sideways with the wings in tact.
            Retracts: scale
            flaps: scale
            lights: scale
            Price range 500usd to 1K shipped to lower 48 states

My Youtube Channel:

I own the Tian Sheng Models A380 with 55mm 5 blade outrunner as well as the supreme hobbies A340-600 50mm Xrp fan with outrunner 10 or 11 blade

aerial photos of my A380
            video, sharing, camera phone, video phone, free, upload

aerial hotos of my A340-600
            video, sharing, camera phone, video phone, free, upload

If i had a choice and if this would be feasible for Motion RC in all aspects for launching this campaign, then i would prefer a 7478i or DC-10.

Schemes are not really a big issue since we have Callie helping us all

Best Wishes

Tengarang / LordEmperorTeng of the tengarang Fleet

No disrespect meant to tengarang but I really think pricepoint has to be under $400 if they want to sell a lot of them.

Thats going to limit the number of EDF units you can have. Probably to 2.

How about this idea, 4 engine jet with only 2 EDF units. Has two dummy pods.

Then if someone wants higher performance, they can put in 2 more EDF's.
            Super Airliner, Corsair, Viper, BAE Hawk, L-39, A-6, PC-21, B-25, T-28, GeeBee, Wildcat, Stinson, F-16, F-4

Comment

It would definitely be a great stock scheme, however I would absolutely mod a 747 to be the Shuttle carrier. So many awesome possibilities!

Comment

Originally posted by vdanger View Post

No disrespect meant to tengarang but I really think pricepoint has to be under $400 if they want to sell a lot of them.

Thats going to limit the number of EDF units you can have. Probably to 2.

How about this idea, 4 engine jet with only 2 EDF units. Has two dummy pods.

Then if someone wants higher performance, they can put in 2 more EDF's.
                Non taken Friend...and quite frankly your logic makes more sense....my price indication is out of pure desperation to be honest, and I was fully expecting some constructive criticism all good will for proper price adjustment.

I agree also with everything else you said regarding counts mentioned :)

Tengarang/LET

Comment

This thread has become more interesting. From what I have been reading it looks like the 747 and the DC-10 are the top two candidates for a new line of EDF airliners.
                  The idea of a 747 with just twin EDF's is the same idea I had about the DC-10 except it could be sold as a Twin or Tri EDF versions with the twin being up-gradable later to a Tri. Same as the 747 it could be sold as a twin or quad version.
                  They both would have several potential variants to make them more viable to sell well. My favorite being the KC-10 with a working refueling boom.

• Airliner
                  • Air force one
                  • Shuttle carrier

DC-10
                  • Airliner
                  • Fuel tanker (KC-10)
                  • Fire fighting tanker
                  Click image for larger version  Name:	1200px-KC-10_Extender_(2151957820).jpg Views:	1 Size:	232.6 KB ID:	124457

Comment

How about a Shuttle, twin 64mm hand launch with launch handle holes on the bottom and cheaters on the side?
                    TiredIron Aviation
                    Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

I would love one !!!!!!! Retracts , flaps, room for a sound system , Nav lights , Spoiler and slat options... I would spend up to $500 PNP for sure on this one... Sooo love commercial aircraft , but the only options out there arent that great ...

Comment

Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post
                        How about a Shuttle, twin 64mm hand launch with launch handle holes on the bottom and cheaters on the side?
                        Are you talking about The Space Shuttle? Problem with that is that the real thing flew like a brick. You'd have to drastically change the appearance to get it to fly decent.
                        Super Airliner, Corsair, Viper, BAE Hawk, L-39, A-6, PC-21, B-25, T-28, GeeBee, Wildcat, Stinson, F-16, F-4

Comment

Originally posted by Evoman View Post
                          This thread has become more interesting. From what I have been reading it looks like the 747 and the DC-10 are the top two candidates for a new line of EDF airliners.
                          The idea of a 747 with just twin EDF's is the same idea I had about the DC-10 except it could be sold as a Twin or Tri EDF versions with the twin being up-gradable later to a Tri. Same as the 747 it could be sold as a twin or quad version.
                          They both would have several potential variants to make them more viable to sell well. My favorite being the KC-10 with a working refueling boom.

• Airliner
                          • Air force one
                          • Shuttle carrier

DC-10
                          • Airliner
                          • Fuel tanker (KC-10)
                          • Fire fighting tanker
                          Click image for larger version Name:	1200px-KC-10_Extender_(2151957820).jpg Views:	1 Size:	232.6 KB ID:	124457
                          I could go for a DC/KC-10 !

Comment

Easy to put an extra servo in it and make the tail boom go up and down!

Comment

That DC/KC-10 looks amazing!!!

Comment

KC-10

Picture from Gooniac33

31 Likes, 3 Comments - KAFW (@allianceaviationservices) on Instagram: “The KC-10 Extender is one of the few jet aircraft in the world configured to haul military cargo,…”

Comment

I'd love a 747 dressed up as the NASA Shuttle carrier. Even better would be an appropriately sized Shuttle that could detach in the air and be flown down by another pilot. Now that would be cool in book.

Comment

Originally posted by dkalwishky View Post
                                    I'd love a 747 dressed up as the NASA Shuttle carrier. Even better would be an appropriately sized Shuttle that could detach in the air and be flown down by another pilot. Now that would be cool in book.
                                    This would be a plus looks like there are enough of us interested in this setup as well.

Comment

One of my favorite videos revealing an 7478i roar..... what a beauty. It looks good from every angle.

Comment

Happy Monday to all.

I am planning to modify my TianSheng Models A380 sold by Hobbyking using the Eflite Super Airliner Nacelles (65mm)

(https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003ZXGMAQ)

To incorporate the 12 blade Ebay Fan 3500KV QX outrunner, and run 3s.

(https://www.amazon.com/XCSOURCE-12-B...2blade+64mm+QX)

The modification should give significant power boost as well as efficiency and better sound.

standard power supply used 4000mah 55C 3s China hobby line G+ (Graphene equivalent)

One of the main motivations for making this mod aside from the reasons mentioned above is of the brittle stock EDF rupturing on ROG take off. The ebay fans are much more robust and will not break that easily.

Best Wishes

LET/Tengarang
                                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by dkalwishky View Post
                                          That would be a cool idea! The Shuttle would just need to have basic controls and simple retracts to keep it light to glide it down as far as possible with out dropping like a brick.
                                          I found this interesting video of an old Shuttle test flight were they did the same thing.

Comment

Working...
                                          X