Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's all a trade off. The faster you go (or for targeting) you need a narrow field of view. Pan and tilt make flying with a longer lens doable. When we do combat we do 12ft of kite string and 12 of crepe streamer. Works well even with medium length lenses without pan which is what we do on our combat planes. Most systems now have short glass to glass time. Sharkbyte/ HD Zero feels really good.

Here is my latest FPV vehicle...

. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2860.JPG
Views:	970
Size:	193.8 KB
ID:	337864

Comment

• Evan D Sweet line of tanks! It looks like FPV takes it to a whole new level. So do you have a center point of the camera? And does it line up with the center of the gun? Or at least parallel center? Or do you have a seperate gun camera?

Comment

• So what happens when the TC is knocked out? Do yall do airsoft with those?

Comment

• Some of my tanks have cameras in line with the barrel and that makes it really easy to aim. Unfortunately I want the camera hidden in a proper part of the tanks structure which means near the commanders or other cupola or hatch and not in line with the barrel. On my T-90 I fashioned a site in front of the camera to help aim. With the head tracking on the Challenger in the video I would need something like a heads up system or a front and rear site to look through. Anyway, it's new to me and I don't see anyone else really into it (yet). A friend is mounting his camera directly to his barrel with a 3D printed mount but I want it more hidden. My "click" group all decided to try this a month ago and we have four of us battle ready. Like most things I went a bit crazy and in 6 weeks bought and set up seven tanks. Luckily this is the first of my hobby stuff that my wife has decided she wants to participate in and we have a great little course set up in the undeveloped part of our back yard.

They have IR transmitters and sensors that record main gun and machine gun hits and will incapacitate the tank after a set amount of hits. And yes, we also do the airsoft BBs. :)

Comment

• Thats awesome, I would love to get one of those, but not many around here run tanks. Few do more than fly that I've found.

Comment

• That's great Evan! It's exactly what I was thinking. I could see my wife and I battling it out in the yard on summer evenings. I was wondering if you could use some kind of reticle to quickly measure range and guage trajectory, similar to using minutes of angle snipers use for long range shooting. Either way, it's an impressive setup Evan!

Comment

• Using head-tracking pan & tilt to move the turret and raise the gun would be cool, if the delay in movement isn’t too long. But maybe a separate HT camera control is still best I think. A reflector sight like in this video calibrated with airsoft trajectory for tank battle would be amazing!

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/motionsic
                Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/FPVAirCombat
                Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fpvaircombat/channel/

Comment

• Anybody out there 3d printed the tip tanks ?

Comment

• My L-39 arrived in the mail today, and I've gotta say that I am impressed for an 80mm jet to say the least. The thing that struck me first was the sheer amount of space under the canopy. It makes my Admiral 6S 6000 pack look tiny. Much more manageable than even my F-18. I plan on doing a turbine conversion with this jet in the future, and I chose the L-39 because of the rave reviews about its performance and the space for all of the equipment. Very excited to fly it soon! How does the book CG perform and what kind of flight times should I expect running 5000 and 6000 packs?
                    Attached Files

Comment

• I'm running a 5000 in mine with the timer set for 4 min. and it's comes down around storage charge. I do, however, fly this plane fairly briskly.

Comment

• I hope this doesn't offend anyone, but I'm fairly new to Hobby Squawk, and I can't really find what I'm looking for and the guy I talked to at Motion wasn't much help. I have flown my FW T-33 and I was not super impressed with the power. I have my L-39 sitting in the shop waiting to maiden, when and if the weather ever clears up again here in SW MI.

So my question...is there really a hot "drop in fit" power system for the L-39 and would that same power system fit in the T-33?

Sorry I tried to search and just couldn't find what I was looking for. I'm a newish EDF pilot, but have been flying RC for well over 25 years...off and on. Really old guy who is not so hot with computers an such.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sideslip View Post
                          I hope this doesn't offend anyone, but I'm fairly new to Hobby Squawk, and I can't really find what I'm looking for and the guy I talked to at Motion wasn't much help. I have flown my FW T-33 and I was not super impressed with the power. I have my L-39 sitting in the shop waiting to maiden, when and if the weather ever clears up again here in SW MI.

So my question...is there really a hot "drop in fit" power system for the L-39 and would that same power system fit in the T-33?

Sorry I tried to search and just couldn't find what I was looking for. I'm a newish EDF pilot, but have been flying RC for well over 25 years...off and on. Really old guy who is not so hot with computers an such.
                          I have both the T-33 and the L-39. I got the L-39 first and felt it could use a little more punch, so I put in the FMS 80mm, 12-blade "Pro" EDF. It's nearly a drop in and was still within the amp draw of the stock ESC. I say "nearly" because if you look at the specs of the stock fan and the that of the Pro fan, the Pro is slightly bigger diameter than the stock FW fan. I didn't feel like shaving any foam, so the hatch doesn't fit fully flush. For me, this was not a big deal as I used red electrical tape to cover the seam that created a bit of a ridge all around the hatch. (I have the Swiss theme and the area where the hatch is, is red.) The before and after the new fan was quite noticeable as the Pro fan is listed as having about 400g more static thrust than the stock fan.
                          I got the T-33 a bit after the L-39 and I was satisfied with it's performance that I left it alone. I believe that due to its slightly draggier airframe (larger wingspan), I decided that putting the Pro fan in there wasn't going to give me the same sort of gains in performance.

If you want any more than this, it's going to cost you and it won't quite be a drop in. You'll likely also need a bigger ESC.

Comment

• OK, well I thought I'd ask. I'm kind of a hot rod and the performance of the T-33 was really disappointing. But I'll just keep looing for something better in a scale warbird. I keep hoping that someday they'll one of the product developer will have a look at the F-106. I have a soft spot in my heart for that one as I crewed them while in the USAF. With a hot 90 I think it would be a sweetheart.

Comment

• Hi Guys,

Does anyone 3D printed this wingtip for the L39 just like the actual plane?

https://hpaircraftblog.wordpress.com...ochody-l-39-2/

Comment

• Originally posted by Sideslip View Post

The 80mm WeMoTec unit is a „drop in fit“, but it requires a slightly smaller nozzle. Here‘s my 8s powered L-39. 50% more power than stock.

Comment

• I have an xfly 2200kv in mine and no complaints. Will probably swap out the 8s system from my Gripen soon (jetfan80 + HET 1865)

Comment

• Flight using my new Galaxy S22 Ultra

Comment

• I'm done with my L-39. I have some parts for sale. Main gear, the fan and ESC, the stab and rudder assembly. Contact me if you need spares.

Comment

• Alpha

Im not sure if this is normal but my L-39 has a major weak point in the fuselage. I had a minor rough landing into the weeds and encountered a partial fuselage break.

I was on approach for landing, flaps down, gear down and the plane was banking slightly to port(I believe a flap servo had malfunctioned causing this), but correctable with ail input. As the L-39 passed in front of me I saw the gear hadn’t deployed and I was unable to get it to come out (blue box problem?). I ditched the plane in the tall grass at very low speeds and when recovered I found the fuselage had split just in front of the front wing screws.

When I got home I surgically separated the rest of the forward fuselage so I could make better repairs. That’s when I noticed that there was no glue between the forward wing screw mount and the fuselage on either side of the plastic mount. This means the entire forward fuselage was connected to the rear by two lengths of foam 1/2 inch wide and 3 inch long forming the side walls of the fuselage. This was “reinforced” with the two round carbon fiber tubes that had broke loose during the crash. In the pictures below you can see there is not glue on the foam or plastic where the wing mount is. The port side of the fuselage is where it broke on its own and the starboard side I cut with a razor.

I feel that this is an exceptionally weak point, especially with no glue in the 1x3 inch spot where the wing mount resides. I’ve crashed planes faster and hard and not had a fuselage with so little actual foam at the point of breakage.

Alpha, help!

Click image for larger version

Name:	EDD15955-05E0-4F28-895D-692485862EDE.jpg
Views:	421
Size:	87.4 KB
ID:	359955
                                        Attached Files

Comment

• You may want to contact Motion's customer service about this. Do it through their web site.

The reason that gear don't extend 95% of the time is you have had a rough landing and bent the strut to retract unit pin slightly so the gear, when retracted, doesn't sense the retraction so it won't extend. After you get the gear to extend bend the strut forward slightly and it won't happen again until your next rough landing.

Interesting term "minor rough landing".

Comment

Working...
                                          X