X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mark_S View Post
    Thanks everyone for your responses. The solution was a simple one discovered through your replies. I was testing the retracts with a fully charged 2-cell lipo that was putting out 8+ volts. That must be too much voltage for these retracts, maybe a safety feature built in. When I used the same battery but used the BEC from a brushless speed control, all 3 retracts worked. I did notice a delay and I bet when the retracts were in the jet and hooked to the receiver, I toggled the switch too fast for the retracts to wake up. I with test again after re-installed and powered through the BEC. Thanks again, and I have enjoyed reading and watch the videos on the posts.
    Glad you found the solution! The factory installed retracts are likely a max of 6V (at least from my experience), so you're fortunate the units didn't burn out on the 2S LiPo. The factory BEC (internal BEC within the ESC) should be providing roughly 5V-5.5V to the receiver, servos/retracts.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	20200323_102735.jpg
Views:	1091
Size:	169.7 KB
ID:	245410Click image for larger version

Name:	20200323_102756.jpg
Views:	1106
Size:	173.4 KB
ID:	245411Click image for larger version

Name:	20200323_102909.jpg
Views:	1043
Size:	221.0 KB
ID:	245412Click image for larger version

Name:	20200323_103556.jpg
Views:	1076
Size:	97.6 KB
ID:	245413Click image for larger version

Name:	20200323_163315.jpg
Views:	1082
Size:	86.9 KB
ID:	245414Click image for larger version

Name:	20200323_163332.jpg
Views:	1054
Size:	85.0 KB
ID:	245415 A pal at work printed the cockpit parts someone at Motion designed (was it you Alpha?- thanks!) and here's the finished product. The pilot is a Canadian F-18 driver who destroyed his aircraft and got sent on exchange to the Royal Thai airforce as punishment (?). Hope everyone is well.
      Tom

Comment

• A few in-flight photos of my pal Michael Troy's custom schemed L-39 on it's maiden flights this AM:

Comment

• Bajora, your photos are always first class and i love to see all that you post. They make awesome screen backgrounds! Thanks for sharing your talent with all of us.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spitfire4life View Post
            3D Printed parts:

MotionRC is all about choices and with the 3DP upgrade parts the choice is all yours ;) Files will be available to download on the top tab of the listing for free for printing yourselves or alternatively they will be available to purchase under the upgrades tab and should come with a bass white ready for your own finishing paint. Below are examples of the 3DP parts painted by Alpha with just a few hours work. I think you can all see the results talk for themselves:

Stuart

Click image for larger version

Name:	_DSC2052.JPG
Views:	9652
Size:	128.3 KB
ID:	149887

Name:	_DSC2168.JPG
Views:	9161
Size:	101.0 KB
ID:	149888

Name:	_DSC2173.JPG
Views:	9088
Size:	65.6 KB
ID:	149889

Name:	_DSC2180.JPG
Views:	8809
Size:	68.9 KB
ID:	149890
            Hi All,
            Where can I download the 3D printing files for the L39 cockpit and accessories?
            I have tried searching but cannot find the files.
            thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by Roger Rabbit View Post

Hi All,
              Where can I download the 3D printing files for the L39 cockpit and accessories?
              I have tried searching but cannot find the files.
              thanks
              They're always on the support page ;)
              TiredIron Aviation
              Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Thank you very much, appreciate your assistance.

Comment

• Any time :)
                  TiredIron Aviation
                  Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• I just completed the main gear doors on my L-39 after struggling for ages to get the 2nd one to work. The first door went well and operated fine right off the hop, the other one not so much (go figure). Hours of fiddling but finally got both working reliably on the bench and hopefully in the air. As can be seen the opening and closing is quite abrupt but such is the nature of mechanical, as opposed to servo, operation I guess. I've used an elastic to hold the doors open but will try to source some springs at some point- there's a fine line between what feels like enough spring tension to hold the doors open in flight and too much tension which stalls the retracts as they try to close the doors.
                    I just hope the retracts continue to work for awhile as they've been subjected to maybe a thousand or so cycles in the last few days!
                    A little video:
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuXD...ature=youtu.be
                    Tom Click image for larger version

Name:	20200330_113510.jpg
Views:	1023
Size:	67.7 KB
ID:	247707Click image for larger version

Name:	20200403_115213.jpg
Views:	1037
Size:	84.7 KB
ID:	247708Click image for larger version

Name:	20200409_145558.jpg
Views:	1027
Size:	79.9 KB
ID:	247709Click image for larger version

Name:	20200409_145915.jpg
Views:	1045
Size:	105.9 KB
ID:	247710Click image for larger version

Name:	20200330_113449.jpg
Views:	1021
Size:	38.8 KB
ID:	247711

Comment

• Well it happen but State Farm cant cover that. Seems my 6s 6250 may have took a hit as it lost control even after pulling power to nill and still no control regained. Tested battery on internal IR and total was 15ohm with average of 2.5 ohms on each cell so not sure. All radio checks fine but when I plugged the battery up and tested at 25-30% power it dropped like a rock on the cell checker. Just as i was turning base to land too!
                      Good news in this, really, you think? Yes the Dragon is still fully intact and im thinking of a Frankenstein resurrection of graphing a new fuse to the front from the intakes forward. What would you do?
                      Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_7786.JPG Views:	0 Size:	129.4 KB ID:	248374 Click image for larger version

Name:	thumbnail.jpg
Views:	1055
Size:	66.4 KB
ID:	248375

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by sam51401 View Post
                          Well it happen but State Farm cant cover that. Seems my 6s 6250 may have took a hit as it lost control even after pulling power to nill and still no control regained. Tested battery on internal IR and total was 15ohm with average of 2.5 ohms on each cell so not sure. All radio checks fine but when I plugged the battery up and tested at 25-30% power it dropped like a rock on the cell checker. Just as i was turning base to land too!
                          Good news in this, really, you think? Yes the Dragon is still fully intact and im thinking of a Frankenstein resurrection of graphing a new fuse to the front from the intakes forward. What would you do?
                          Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_7786.JPG Views:	0 Size:	129.4 KB ID:	248374 Click image for larger version

Name:	thumbnail.jpg
Views:	1055
Size:	66.4 KB
ID:	248375
                          Your L-39 looks really great, sorry for your accident, so as you said, I would use a new fuse front! Get it up again

Comment

• I agree!!! If it doesn't work out, no harm done!!! The only project guaranteed to fail is the one you never start!!!

Comment

• Maybe someone can help me i have 5 flights on my L39 and on the 5th flight i took off and put the gear up and when i came around for my first pass i noticed my nose gear door was not closed so i landed. While on the ground i turned the plane over and cycled the gear and the nose gear and one of the main gear only go up about 80% of the way. I have had no hard landings has anyone else had this issue or with any other freewing jet?

Comment

• Hey guys!

Do any of you have any pictures or other details on what you used to touch up your wing tip tanks? I need some of that blue and am not sure about the following:
                                • Type of paint (acrylic, latex, other?)
                                • Color combinations/numbers you guys have used after getting a color match
                                • Any place that will send said paint from online
                                Any help is appreciated

GB

Comment

• Originally posted by p3arljam View Post
                                  Maybe someone can help me i have 5 flights on my L39 and on the 5th flight i took off and put the gear up and when i came around for my first pass i noticed my nose gear door was not closed so i landed. While on the ground i turned the plane over and cycled the gear and the nose gear and one of the main gear only go up about 80% of the way. I have had no hard landings has anyone else had this issue or with any other freewing jet?
                                  Mine has worked flawlessly so far. You should check the nose gear as it goes up and down to see if any part is touching anything as it goes through it's cycle. I'm talking about the tire maybe touching something of if the mechanism that pulls the door closed is getting caught on something and won't close fully. That will prevent the retract from fully going up. As for the main, cycle it as watch carefully if the tire is touching anything as it tries to seat into the wheel well. Some retracts aren't as strong as they could be to overcome the slightest bit of resistance. Besides these things, the rest is something only you can observe on your plane.

Comment

• Originally posted by GBLynden View Post
                                    Hey guys!

Do any of you have any pictures or other details on what you used to touch up your wing tip tanks? I need some of that blue and am not sure about the following:
                                    • Type of paint (acrylic, latex, other?)
                                    • Color combinations/numbers you guys have used after getting a color match
                                    • Any place that will send said paint from online
                                    Any help is appreciated

GB
                                    Hey GB. Below are some posts from others on RCg regarding the blue paint and white paint they had color matched at Home Depot. In regards to the type of paint, I would personally stick with water-based/acrylic. It's easier to clean up, can be easily sprayed through an airbrush, and often less harmful. The sheen depends on what you feel matches the stock paint best, matte, eggshell (I like this particular sheen for this aircraft paint), satin, etc., and if you would rather add your own. As far as I know, I don't think Home Depot ships/delivers paint that is custom matched like this.

Blue: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=1811

White: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=1791

Comment

• Thanks T-Cat! I will check those out

Comment

• I’ve been following this thread and wanted to post that I got my maiden in today and all I can say is ... looks like I’ve got a new everyday plane ! Had a blast !! Only needed a few clicks of down trim and it was flying hands off .. I’m flying it with HRD 5000’s and it seemed a little nose heavy. But was still able to make nose high landings .. sorry no video !
                                        Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Possum62 View Post
                                          I’ve been following this thread and wanted to post that I got my maiden in today and all I can say is ... looks like I’ve got a new everyday plane ! Had a blast !! Only needed a few clicks of down trim and it was flying hands off .. I’m flying it with HRD 5000’s and it seemed a little nose heavy. But was still able to make nose high landings .. sorry no video !
                                          Congrats! Of my three EDF’s the L-39 gets the most attention. I’ve been progressively moving my Admiral 5000’s aft as I fly it more. I currently place them about .5” from the very back of the battery tray.
                                          Have fun!

Comment

Working...
                                          X