Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just finished the speedbrakes - I don't suppose it really needs them but it's a little scale feature I wanted to add. Probably going to attack an opening front canopy next (it's a long winter).
    A little video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8dr...ature=youtu.be
    Tom

Comment

• That looks great, Pogo, what a clean execution! I'm glad to see someone put those molded in fairings to good use and make them "functional".
      Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Very nice!!!! Let us know if they work well!!! Bravo! Jerry

Comment

• Alpha, Jerry, thank you! I'll let you know how the boards work out (come spring).
          Tom

Comment

• My bird is literally just waiting a proper weather to have the maiden.
            I have installed FPV on it, will use 2.4ghz video system, Vector OSD, Head tracking, TBS Crosffire, HD Camera (Runcam) and added the whistles into the EDF exhaust.
            3D printed the cockpit, is not as perfect as some i saw out there, but is ok.

Really excited to fly it soon!
            😁

Comment

• Guys, our system temporarily updated its filter controls. All is well. Cockpit = cockpit.
              Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway
                If I sound pissed, I am... You guys are Veteran Owned, and you fought for the First Amendment, (I hope)… You understand.... I hope... I am waiting.... Jerry
                The software that runs Hobby Squawk has a built-in swear word filter and apparently a recent software update added a few new words to the filter list. Don't worry, this will be resolved shortly.

Comment

• Sorry I got so angry... I am just sick of the PC garbage and I figured that someone got upset about the word "cockpit" and that to me is totally unacceptable. If I didn't take a stand, then I was part of the problem... Didn't even look at the thread I was on.... I just wanted to make it known that the word COCKPIT is not a bad word... Thank you for understanding. I knew most of you would. I apologize for losing my composure.... Jerry

Comment

• Thanks for keeping me straight guys.... Need a beer I guess...

Comment

• video doesn’t work, any pics? I’ve been putting FPV in more and more of my planes. The L-39 canopy frame kept me from doing it. Doing a Yak 130 now..

Originally posted by Guipedroso View Post
                      My bird is literally just waiting a proper weather to have the maiden.
                      I have installed FPV on it, will use 2.4ghz video system, Vector OSD, Head tracking, TBS Crosffire, HD Camera (Runcam) and added the whistles into the EDF exhaust.

😁

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                        video doesn’t work, any pics? I’ve been putting FPV in more and more of my planes. The L-39 canopy frame kept me from doing it. Doing a Yak 130 now..

Working now mate, was private, my bad

Comment

• Hey folks! Just finished reading all 76 pages of this thread! Ooof! Anyway I’m seriously looking at ordering one of these or possibly a T-33. Currently have a Stinger 90 that I like. Hoping this one is docile. Any comments on T-33 vs L39?

Also are people still having the mysterious asymmetric flap extensions? Or the weird blue box problems?

thanks!

Comment

• If the weather cooperates, I’ll should be able to compare the two for you. Personally have never had an issue with the blue box.

Comment

• Originally posted by Guipedroso View Post
                              My bird is literally just waiting a proper weather to have the maiden.

😁

I know I am jumping the gun and not reading all the follow up posts...but I gotta know! What pan/tilt and camera did you use? Can you make another vid with the canopy off so I can see how you did it? I am planning on do8ing this to mine as well!!! VERY NICE job!!

Comment

• Me personally I have brought several EDF from Motion RC and never had any problems with the Blue Boxes but I know from this forum a few have but I think there are only a few compared with how many they have sold

Comment

• Originally posted by aahwhatever2 View Post

I know I am jumping the gun and not reading all the follow up posts...but I gotta know! What pan/tilt and camera did you use? Can you make another vid with the canopy off so I can see how you did it? I am planning on do8ing this to mine as well!!! VERY NICE job!!
                                  HI mate, i have 3D printed a very simple one, but it does the job... Unfortunately i cannot open anymore the canopy because is glued. I ill try to see if have the files to send you

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	631A32EA-EBD8-4FF6-8B3A-9C5ACB46CDD7.jpeg
Views:	826
Size:	114.9 KB
ID:	236793 I use the P&T out of the Avios Spitfire that you can get from Hobby King. As far as camera's I only use micro's that have M12 lenses (such as the Micro Eagle or Caddx Ratel) so that I have a decent quality view. I also replace the lenses to have a longer field of view. The one's most come with are too wide angle for airplane or EDF use.

Comment

• Originally posted by Guipedroso View Post

HI mate, i have 3D printed a very simple one, but it does the job... Unfortunately i cannot open anymore the canopy because is glued. I ill try to see if have the files to send you
                                      I would be so grateful!!! Thank you! If you have it on Thingiverse.com I can have someone print it for me through there. I have a 3D printer, but it is apart and waiting for new parts to be put on. I would be willing to pay you, if you want?

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                                        Click image for larger version  Name:	631A32EA-EBD8-4FF6-8B3A-9C5ACB46CDD7.jpeg Views:	46 Size:	114.9 KB ID:	236793 I use the P&T out of the Avios Spitfire that you can get from Hobby King. As far as camera's I only use micro's that have M12 lenses (such as the Micro Eagle or Caddx Ratel) so that I have a decent quality view. I also replace the lenses to have a longer field of view. The one's most come with are too wide angle for airplane or EDF use.
                                        I just went on HK and ordered one..... at least it is a start! I love the RunCam eagle... i have a few of them on quad's. Thank you for the info on the P&T!!

What size lens to you put on it?

Comment

• I’ve settled on the micro eagle for various reasons like size of the sensor, all the settings, overall size... One of the reasons that didn’t work out is the zoom feature. If you zoom it doesn’t allow some functions to work.

So I’ve gone to different lenses. You can find them cheap on Amazon. I’ve found 3.6mm gives the best all around FOV but I have 6mm in my Tiger Cat. With pan and tilt a narrower FOV is not bad. With a fixed camera a wider FOV is better. The lenses are IR CCTV lenses for security systems and to be used in our cameras need a IR cut filter to get natural colors. I’ll get on my computer later and send links for lenses and the filters if you’d like. The micro eagle and most larger cameras use M12 threaded lenses.

Get FPV and other model sites do have some lenses but are limited... I’m not sure if theirs would need IR cut filters or not.

oh, I fly 4:3 if that makes a difference.

Comment

Working...
                                          X