Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• +1 on that. It is a fantastic flyer. Scary when stuff like that happens.

Comment

• vdanger, WOW, that looks good!

Comment

• vdanger ...amazing! nice job

Today I got in four flights on the L-39 and one on the Su-35. I love both birds. But the L-39 is rapidly becoming my favorite jet.

Here is flight 2

Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

• Great video, thanks for sharing seaviper.

Comment

• Originally posted by seaviper View Post
            vdanger ...amazing! nice job

Today I got in four flights on the L-39 and one on the Su-35. I love both birds. But the L-39 is rapidly becoming my favorite jet.

Here is flight 2
            I just noticed in your video at 1:53, that your rudder rod is missing the locking device at the servo arm end and is close to popping out of the hole. You might check all of your rods to see if the locks are present and accounted for.

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
              I just noticed in your video at 1:53, that your rudder rod is missing the locking device at the servo arm end and is close to popping out of the hole. You might check all of your rods to see if the locks are present and accounted for.

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                I always put a drop of Foam-Tac on the locks.
                TiredIron Aviation
                Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Hey thanks a bunch! I flew 4 flights today at high speed without that thing. I checked them all and they are all there except this one.

The reason that it's missing I guess is that I never put it on after setting the rudder. But luckily that hole in the servo arm is tight enough that it never popped out.

Good safety inspectors we have here. I owe you guys a beer!

Will this go on my safety record?

Comment

• Originally posted by seaviper View Post

Will this go on my safety record?
                    Naw! I'm not going to tell you some of the stuff I've done. :Silly:

Comment

• HA!!!!! Not a chance.... ;)

Comment

• From a guy who posted pics in the MRC Fan group page in FB..nice thai camo scheme.

Comment

• It's nice to see the repaints starting to come out. I really like yours, Vdanger! Good transplant of the deep green scheme I've seen on the early Yak-130. Now that we all know this is a sweet flying jet, let's break out the rattle cans and airbrushes. I put an hour of painting into one tonight. Here's a sneak peek until I get the decals on it. Unfortunately I can't get Callie's decals out here in China, so I might end up re-using decals from the L-39 PNP and cutting up some others I have in my decal drawer.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20181009_020646.jpg Views:	1 Size:	72.2 KB ID:	155427

I'd like to see what kinds of creative schemes people come up with. Here are a few extra inspirations to add to what others have already posted.

Click image for larger version  Name:	images (3).jpg Views:	1 Size:	11.6 KB ID:	155428Click image for larger version  Name:	images (14).jpg Views:	1 Size:	12.1 KB ID:	155429Click image for larger version  Name:	L39-albatros.jpg Views:	1 Size:	97.7 KB ID:	155435
                          Click image for larger version  Name:	images (21).jpg Views:	2 Size:	8.3 KB ID:	155436Click image for larger version  Name:	reno04_jets_99_1.jpg Views:	1 Size:	70.9 KB ID:	155433Click image for larger version  Name:	4691171.jpg Views:	1 Size:	80.1 KB ID:	155434
                          Attached Files
                          Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Are you guys running a servo cycler on all servos before flying to check for heat? The build videos that Captain Mike of MRC does, runs the cycler with all servos as he builds the jet. Seems like a easy check to test servos on the ground where it is safe. I'm sure it won't catch 100% of early failures, but it should help.

Comment

• Alpha, what scheme are you going for with yours? Looks very similar to what I plan to do with mine in an East German Air Force scheme.

Pat

Comment

• Alpha,

Thanks for the compliment! The Cambodian air force scheme you chose was actually my other choice for a re-paint. I didn't think I could pull it off with only rattlecans!

Now, when can I get the 3D cockpit parts like you have? ;-)
                                Super Airliner, Corsair, Viper, BAE Hawk, L-39, A-6, PC-21, B-25, T-28, GeeBee, Wildcat, Stinson, F-16, F-4

Comment

• Originally posted by RMatteson View Post
                                  Are you guys running a servo cycler on all servos before flying to check for heat? The build videos that Captain Mike of MRC does, runs the cycler with all servos as he builds the jet. Seems like a easy check to test servos on the ground where it is safe. I'm sure it won't catch 100% of early failures, but it should help.
                                  I do.... I run them for 8 minutes each on auto-cycle, and then cycle the pot manually and then check the centering... Every plane, every servo!!

Comment

• I check mine out on the ground during setup and ground runs. You can usually tell if one is going bad. I have to disagree with the 1 in 4000 comment earlier. My L-39 had none. But practically every one of my other birds has had one or two, including one on the A-4. Three in the case of the T-45. I have a stockpile now of spares.

Comment

• I scanned and cleaned up the Blue Box sheet addendum that was in the manual.

MCB-E.pdf
                                      TiredIron Aviation
                                      Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
                                        Alpha, what scheme are you going for with yours? Looks very similar to what I plan to do with mine in an East German Air Force scheme.

Hey Pat, I'm not sure what markings I'll use. The color scheme, as you pointed out, is fairly common and can wear markings from East Germany, Russia, and several Eastern European countries. This was a B-grade foam fuse that I used as a mockup for the 3DPUP, and decided to throw some color on to show people the possibilities. Here are some additional photos from the side view and top view, for those of you who may want to plan out your colors. Also, I had already sent to Callie the exact three-view drawing output from my CAD, so her decal sizing should be just about perfect since she's basing her decals on my actual drawing.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20181009_164744.jpg Views:	1 Size:	47.8 KB ID:	155529Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20181009_164826.jpg Views:	1 Size:	61.5 KB ID:	155530

3DP set printed at 0.1mm layer height
                                        Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20181009_165318.jpg Views:	1 Size:	85.4 KB ID:	155531Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20181009_164858.jpg Views:	1 Size:	68.4 KB ID:	155532

Size comparison of the long bullet fuse
                                        Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20181009_165213.jpg Views:	1 Size:	61.6 KB ID:	155534Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20181009_165455.jpg Views:	1 Size:	68.9 KB ID:	155533
                                        Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• You guys should offer that scheme as well. The aerobatic scheme is easy to see in the air. And I love it. But that scheme above is what I think of when I think L-39

Comment

Working...
                                          X