Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's not that hard. A few evenings after work and it's done.

Comment

• Lovin the Flexjet with Freewing L39 tanks. https://youtu.be/q_njlmrkRUI

Comment

• Looks fantastic Steve!

Comment

• You rock RCjetdude!
          Awesome paint job :Cool:.

Comment

• Originally posted by jtconte View Post
            Thanks Hardway and Seaviper! This is also my first model with flaps so now I know. Would have been helpful if it was mentioned in the manual. I am using a DX9 and its flap system. Is using sub-trim to accomplish it harmful?
            What exactly is your level of experience?
            Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

• Originally posted by seaviper View Post

What exactly is your level of experience?
              For the last several years I’ve been flying the Parkzone T-28, Stryker F-27C and the F-27 Evolution. With several multi month breaks over that time. I will have a very experienced pilot next to me on the maiden.

Comment

• See if you cant get him to buddy box the jet with you. However, knowing the speeds that F27 hits, you might be alright. Just on the landing you will need power, dont deadstick this one like those wings.

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
                  All she lacks is a clear coat.
                  RCJD, She looks great, as always. Bravo Zulu. Best, LB
                  I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                  ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                  ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
                    See if you cant get him to buddy box the jet with you. However, knowing the speeds that F27 hits, you might be alright. Just on the landing you will need power, dont deadstick this one like those wings.
                    I have been practicing landing my T-28 with more speed instead of floating it in like seaviper mentioned. Buddy box would be good.

Comment

Thanks Hardway and Seaviper! This is also my first model with flaps so now I know. Would have been helpful if it was mentioned in the manual. I am using a DX9 and its flap system. Is using sub-trim to accomplish it harmful?
                      Using too much sub trim can cause resolution problems with the servos. (they can't center correctly and have way more throw on one side than the other). Let me get my radio (DX-9) and I can tell you what my setting are and you can try them!! I have no sub trim in my flap system for the L-39.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post

Using too much sub trim can cause resolution problems with the servos. (they can't center correctly and have way more throw on one side than the other). Let me get my radio (DX-9) and I can tell you what my setting are and you can try them!! I have no sub trim in my flap system for the L-39.
                        But you don’t have the servo horns at the factory 90 degrees when centered, right?

Comment

• Flap System

Pos 0: -90% Elev 0%
                          Pos 1: -40% Elev: 2%
                          Pos 2: 10% Elev: 5%
                          Switch: Switch D
                          Speed 6.0s

Pos 0 is Flaps Up.
                          I have them set at -90% so there are a few "clicks" (values) of adjustment left instead of setting full up at -100%.
                          So, I set the value at -90%, then adjusted the pushrod length to get the flaps into the correct "full up" position against the stops in the top surface of the wing.
                          Then the other settings are "Take Off" flaps (-40%) and "Landing" flaps 10%
                          There is no reverse on the channel and no sub trim and servo throw is set at 100%
                          Hope this helps. I flew the maiden and check flights at these setting and it worked perfectly for me, with the CG set at 103mm. Jerry

Comment

• If there is anything else I can try to help with, please let me know!!! :Cool:

Comment

• Yeah it's better to set everything mechanically zeroed with no trim if possible. Easier on the servos and easier later on if you ever want to mix things. Sometimes subtrim is required. More often than not, though, it's endpoints that need adjusting, not subtrim.

I run a 3-point curve on my flaps. That way I can go in and just adjust the points on the curve for each setting. I strive for 0,50, and 100%.
                              That's the way mine is set up.

Comment

Yeah it's better to set everything mechanically zeroed with no trim if possible. Easier on the servos and easier later on if you ever want to mix things. Sometimes subtrim is required. More often than not, though, it's endpoints that need adjusting, not subtrim.

I run a 3-point curve on my flaps. That way I can go in and just adjust the points on the curve for each setting. I strive for 0,50, and 100%.
                                That's the way mine is set up.
                                What radio system do you use? Thanks for the input. Hopefully that will get it sorted out!!!

Comment

• All done. Clear coat is on. Will get some shots of her at the TIA Fall Fly-in this weekend.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181018_130833.jpg
Views:	808
Size:	232.1 KB
ID:	157022

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181018_130816.jpg
Views:	794
Size:	225.5 KB
ID:	157023

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post

What radio system do you use? Thanks for the input. Hopefully that will get it sorted out!!!
                                    Taranis x9d+

Comment

But you don’t have the servo horns at the factory 90 degrees when centered, right?
                                      The servos are centered when you first power up the wing. These stay that way (centered on the servo from the factory). When you activate the flap system and put in a value of -90%, the arms move to the trailing edge of the wing and allow the pushrods to reach the flaps in an "up" position. (Or very close to it) Then I use the mechanical adjustments of the pushrods to go in or out to make the flap in the "up" position....

Comment

• Just to make sure you are in the right screen, you must enter the System Settings and select Aircraft Type. Then select Wing: 1 Ail 1Flap Tail: Normal
                                        After that, exit and go to the Function List and select Flap System and then use the setting I have above to get stated....

Comment

Taranis x9d+
                                          Cool!!! Do you like it. I have never even seen one in real life... LOL

Comment

Working...
                                          X