Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Low ‘n Slow View Post
    Gents,

would the L-39 be a good first EDF..? I'm a new RC pilot. Been flying for about 7 months consistently. There is a brand new one never flown in our club for sale. $235........

thank you
    What have you been flying the past 7 months and how well do you fly it now? Are your flights quite good now, without any mishaps? Landings are solid and consistent? Although this L-39 is a very docile EDF, it can also fly very fast and can be quite responsive. Since you’re getting a good deal on one, I’d say get it and fly it when you think you’re quite consistently good with your prop planes. EDFs tend to land quicker than your average starter prop jobs. The L-39 can slow down quite nicely with flaps but using flaps on a jet also has it’s unique requirements when landing - they can stall easily if you let the power get too low.

Comment

• Flying very well. Doing a lot of aerobatics. Also, practicing my landings which are also very good. Getting better with my thumbs. Just takes daily practice.

Thanks for replying.

Comment

• Can't really go wrong at that price for a plane that's never been flown.

Worst case, put it in a closet until you're ready.

Comment

• I am interested in this Jet.
          Do you know if the problem of the quality of the paint on the fuselage has already been solved?
          Thank you.

Comment

• Every L-39 that I have seen had exceptional paint, best of the FW EDFs.

Comment

• Same here, both of mine had perfect paint jobs, was an issue reported?

Comment

• Just finished doing the assembly and set-up today on the camo version. Went together with ease. No paint issues noticed.

Hope to maiden this next weekend before the snow flys again.

Comment

• Good price. I loved that plane. I stalled mine and it ended up in a corn field. Havent found it yet. Its been a month. Keep the speed up especially if windy.

Comment

• I would certainly buy it if I were you. It is an excellent EDF model.
                    It is really fast if you push the throttle, but it can be flown a lot slower too.
                    I have the camo version, and I'm really happy with the yellow wing tips, because it is easy to lose orientation when doing fast maneuvers. I now added real strobe lights on the bottom of the wings, which I hope will help me even better with orientation against a bright sky.

Comment

• (delete)

Comment

• Comment

• Just ordered the L-39. I should be getting it tomorrow. I know it is an older model but I was hoping some optional parts would still be available. I did not see anything on MotionRC website about the upgraded cockpit. Since I don't have a 3D printer, does anyone know if they are available for purchase?

Comment

• Its not old, is a perfect plane :)
                            They are not on sale, but you can order the job in any sort of online printing service... there are plenty out there...
                            Still have to paint it, is a bit of a pain...

Comment

• One of the best flying jets...

Click image for larger version

Name:	0985E579-2A29-4684-910D-49B85F5296F0.jpeg
Views:	813
Size:	104.9 KB
ID:	289599

Comment

• Originally posted by Radar-Guy View Post
                                One of the best flying jets...

Click image for larger version

Name:	0985E579-2A29-4684-910D-49B85F5296F0.jpeg
Views:	813
Size:	104.9 KB
ID:	289599
                                It was just replaced with the HP version with the newest inrunner.

L-39 Albatros High Performance 9B 80mm EDF Jet - PNP from Freewing - FJ21515P Version Info: This is the High Performance version of the Freewing 80mm EDF L-39 Albatros. As of 7/14/2023 this model now comes with the upgraded 3658-2150Kv inrunner brushless motor and a newly designed 12-Blade EDF in addition to the 100A E

Comment

• Originally posted by JamesonC View Post

It was just replaced with the HP version with the newest inrunner.
                                  Oh, thanks!

Comment

• My camo L-39 finally arrived with the trip from Hong Kong taking just under two months by sea freight (air freight from China to NZ is still unavailable at the moment due to the current microbiology situation). I will be fitting additional dorsal and belly strobes and RC Geeks centerburner and will use an AR7350 receiver.

Any advice regarding dual rates, flap mixes, cg and gain setting for the AS3X receiver would be welcome.

Seasons compliments to all and stay safe during the festive season.
                                    Mike

Comment

• Is there anyone else out there that uses a AR637T receiver, that could help me out with the programming, on L-39. Thanks any help would be appreciated.{

Comment

• Is there a advantage or disadvantage to not installing the pylons if you are not going to fly with the optional attachments. I think it would be a cleaner airframe look without them but they may help add some side area in knife edge sort of like the pieces that are in the middle of the Avanti wing but only on the bottom.

Comment

• Originally posted by steven gubala View Post
                                          Is there anyone else out there that uses a AR637T receiver, that could help me out with the programming, on L-39. Thanks any help would be appreciated.{
                                          Hi Steven,

Have you seen this series by Horizon on how to setup the 637? Not an answer to your question regarding L-39 setup specifically but hope it helps?

AR637T & AR630 AS3X Setup Series #1 - Introduction - YouTube

Comment

Working...
                                          X