Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "hinge where cracks are beginning to separate the foam from" easy to fix the elevator hinge line with foamtac contact glue. just put a little bit down inside the hinge line while pushing it tightly together for about 90 seconds that will be better than the original... the plastic hinges are good enough but its nice to have the hinge sealed and this will also prevent any control flutter Rich

Comment

• Originally posted by p3arljam View Post
      Has anyone had the issue on the elevator hinge where cracks are beginning to separate the foam from the horizontal stabilizer and the elevator?
      easy to fix with FoamTac contact glue. put a small bead of glue down inside the hinge and push the parts together about 90 seconds,, this will be stronger than original seam. The plastic hinges are good enough but its nice to have the seam tight which prevents flutter from happening at high speeds

Rich

Comment

• Thanks for the info with the hinges. I am up to 65 flights now on the L39 using the Admiral 6ch RX with gyro and have not needed to trim anything on this plane from day one. I am a giant scale gas warbird guy but the jets are a nice change.

Comment

•  

Comment

• Originally posted by p3arljam View Post
            Thanks for the info with the hinges. I am up to 65 flights now on the L39 using the Admiral 6ch RX with gyro and have not needed to trim anything on this plane from day one. I am a giant scale gas warbird guy but the jets are a nice change.
            Can I ask what radio? I have lost 5 planes now using admiral rx and my Dx8 gen 2 ! Took them all out of other planes and smashed them with a hammer . Motion says they are fine with DSMX but I can’t get off the runway with this set

Comment

• Any bad habits with this model ?

Comment

• No

Comment

• Lol
                  next time can you be more concise and less wordy lol !
                  glad to hear, and looking foreword to my maiden

Comment

• Originally posted by Joehockey View Post
                    Lol
                    Hey, at least its not a rude remark....

The L-39 flies great, its right up there with the best of them, it will do some nice inverted passes thats for sure, no bad habits that I can think of.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Joehockey View Post
                      Lol
                      How about this ........................... Those long, pointy probes on the wings get caught on my shirt sleeve when I hang the plane up or take it down to go fly.

Comment

• Yes, and the wing tip lights should blink. What were they thinking!!!! 😎

Comment

• Hahah , no I appreciate the real feedback and humor .
                          Sounds like a rock solid plane.
                          I was flying the turbine version on real flightl and I dont have any issues flying jets and heavy warbirds but did have some turning issues with the Turbine simulator.
                          I was surprised but I think my speed was at full throttle.

Comment

• Hi, I am please looking for the correct nose gear retract part number to place an order from Motion RC.
                            My L39 Nose gear from day one would not fully retract about every third or so cycle. I have done 15 flights (all with smooth landings) and noticed a lot of play on the nose gear and pulled the retract Today and found the casing was cracked causing play on the trunion. Very nice plane but the retract quality is questionable. My Avanti has close to 100 flights wit absolutely no issues...

Comment

• Originally posted by Roger Rabbit View Post
                              Hi, I am please looking for the correct nose gear retract part number to place an order from Motion RC.
                              My L39 Nose gear from day one would not fully retract about every third or so cycle. I have done 15 flights (all with smooth landings) and noticed a lot of play on the nose gear and pulled the retract Today and found the casing was cracked causing play on the trunion. Very nice plane but the retract quality is questionable. My Avanti has close to 100 flights wit absolutely no issues...
                              All you had to do was to go to the product webpage and look it up on the spare parts section for this plane. You can get just the retract ................................
                              https://www.motionrc.com/products/fr...m-shaft-type-b
                              Or you can get the whole assembly, with strut and tire and steering tiller arm:
                              https://www.motionrc.com/products/fr...e-landing-gear
                              You don't need a part number. Just go to that part page and add it to cart.

Comment

• Thanks xviper 😜. I did go to the spare parts page but didn't see the L39 listed under the 4.1mm retract in the list of planes for which the retract is used for so I was not sure whether it was the ccorrect retract. See screenshot.

Comment

Thanks xviper 😜. I did go to the spare parts page but didn't see the L39 listed under the 4.1mm retract in the list of planes for which the retract is used for so I was not sure whether it was the ccorrect retract. See screenshot.
                                  I would buy the whole thing myself, its just a few dollars more to buy the whole retract unit, this way you can have a spare strut and parts, there are micro switches in them that do go out as well, just a thought.

Comment

Thanks xviper 😜. I did go to the spare parts page but didn't see the L39 listed under the 4.1mm retract in the list of planes for which the retract is used for so I was not sure whether it was the ccorrect retract. See screenshot.
                                    That's because that list is on the L-39 part's page. You know it's for the L-39 because you went there, so they're not going to list it again. Do like what DCORSAIR said. Bye the whole thing. The shipping is going to be almost as much as the part anyway.

Comment

• Are you guys using Expo on this model ?

Comment

• I use expo of various amounts on every model.

Comment

• I use expo of zero amounts on every model.

Expo is a tool that can be used to great advantage. On a model like the L-39, a light value (say, 10-15% on elevator and maybe 20% ailerons) can help tame it at higher speeds.
                                          However, I see alot of people over-using expo and in an effort to make a smoother reacting plane cause over-control issues.

Play around with light values and see if you like it. Increase/Decrease as you like!

Comment

Working...
                                          X