X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Planeclothes View Post

Make sure your dip switches are set correctly. https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/10...P_Receiver.pdf

Thanks. I did that but still nothing.

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post

Hello Flyboy79 and welcome to HobbySquawk. What lights do you see on it?
      Thanks. Green and red stays on. I want combo C. I assigned Switch H for the on and off but it will not turn on.

Comment

Progress.... Tomorrow will be a touch up day but at least the paint is on it.

Again, here is a base shot...

Click image for larger version

Name:	p603465733-5_zps1d9b72e7.jpg
Views:	945
Size:	81.8 KB
ID:	156652

And here it is just after unmasking for comparison. Close enough for me.

Name:	IMG_20181015_230321.jpg
Views:	863
Size:	243.9 KB
ID:	156653
        Unreal job! That is the exact scheme I wanted it to have! Let me go ahead and say that if that one ever hits the "for sale" list, I want to go ahead and put my name for first in line!

Comment

• Soooo close to finishing it! Alas, other obligations have taken me away from this project for a while. Click image for larger version

Name:	20181006_223934.jpg
Views:	453
Size:	42.0 KB
ID:	156715

Comment

• Originally posted by Flyboy79 View Post
            Hello Pilots, any help would be highly appreciated thank you.
            Flyboy79, Welcome to Hobby Squawk. I trust you'll keep posting and show pics as you build and fly. Best, LB

I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
            ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
            ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Thanks. I did that but still nothing.
              This may sound silly but I have to ask it anyway, are you using 2 bind plugs?

Comment

Thanks. Green and red stays on. I want combo C. I assigned Switch H for the on and off but it will not turn on.
                Just out of curiosity, if you change the mode to have it on all the time does it work? How many channels are you running? 6 plus the on/off?

Comment

• Is it "Albatros" or "Albatross"? hmmmm.....

Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

• The name of the real bird has 2 s's on the end. The dictionary has no such word with 1 - s. HobbyKing has named their soon to be released Grumman "Albatross".
                    But I suppose if you are bringing out a product, you can spell it however you want.

Comment

• Originally posted by seaviper View Post
                      Is it "Albatros" or "Albatross"? hmmmm.....
                      The real L-39 is the Albatros. The real Grumman seaplane is the Albatross. Keep in mind the English spelling of the real animal uses two S's, but the L-39 wasn't developed by an English speaking country, hence the difference in its spelling.

"Albatros" is clearly printed on the side of the real L-39 in all our reference photos. It's normally printed just forward of the canopy, or on the side of the intake.

Attached Files
                      Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Additional photos from Airplane-Pictures.net and flying-wings.com. I highly recommend these two websites. Andreas is a talented photographer and blogger.

Name:	Screenshot (61).png
Views:	665
Size:	913.0 KB
ID:	156809Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot (62).png
Views:	662
Size:	1.28 MB
ID:	156810

Name:	Screenshot (85).png
Views:	674
Size:	251.3 KB
ID:	156807Click image for larger version

Name:	SIAF_L-39-5294_700_470_90.jpg
Views:	658
Size:	48.6 KB
ID:	156806

Name:	Screenshot (64).png
Views:	675
Size:	745.0 KB
ID:	156808Click image for larger version

Name:	SIAF_L-39-5301_700_470_90.jpg
Views:	632
Size:	45.0 KB
ID:	156805

Name:	Screenshot (81).png
Views:	647
Size:	1.07 MB
ID:	156812Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot (86).png
Views:	689
Size:	509.7 KB
ID:	156811

Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Originally posted by Planeclothes View Post

This may sound silly but I have to ask it anyway, are you using 2 bind plugs?
                          Thanks for everyone reply. I got it to work today by reversing the gear.

Comment

• The touch up is now done except for painting the wheel wells, inside the gear doors and the silver intake edges. Should be able to complete that tomorrow and get the graphics on it. I will then clear coat it with Minwax Polyurethane gloss spray and call it done. May add other mods to it over time.

Name:	IMG_20181016_221621.jpg
Views:	700
Size:	248.7 KB
ID:	156816

Name:	IMG_20181016_221649.jpg
Views:	598
Size:	245.0 KB
ID:	156817

Name:	IMG_20181016_221635.jpg
Views:	637
Size:	232.8 KB
ID:	156818

Name:	IMG_20181016_221702.jpg
Views:	632
Size:	226.7 KB
ID:	156819

Comment

• Very nice!

Comment

• Gorgeous...as usual :Cool:
                                TiredIron Aviation
                                Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Looks good Steve. We will probably be repainting our 3 ship group when the third plane gets here.
                                  Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

• Great job!

Comment

The touch up is now done except for painting the wheel wells, inside the gear doors and the silver intake edges. Should be able to complete that tomorrow and get the graphics on it. I will then clear coat it with Minwax Polyurethane gloss spray and call it done. May add other mods to it over time.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20181016_221621.jpg Views:	1 Size:	248.7 KB ID:	156816

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20181016_221649.jpg Views:	1 Size:	245.0 KB ID:	156817

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20181016_221635.jpg Views:	1 Size:	232.8 KB ID:	156818

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20181016_221702.jpg Views:	1 Size:	226.7 KB ID:	156819
                                      If a man was looking to get an L39 painted like that... would a certain Steve do it for a fee?? :Thinking:

Comment

• Originally posted by JamesonC View Post

If a man was looking to get an L39 painted like that... would a certain Steve do it for a fee?? :Thinking:
                                        Uhhhhh.....:Straight-Face: Give a man a fish and he can eat for a day. Teach him how to fish and he can eat for a lifetime. I would be more than happy to teach you how for free!!

Comment

Uhhhhh.....:Straight-Face: Give a man a fish and he can eat for a day. Teach him how to fish and he can eat for a lifetime. I would be more than happy to teach you how for free!!
                                          I appreciate that. May take you up on that. But, I truly just don't know that I have the patience or finesse to pull that off and be happy with it! I want the L39 really bad but I just can't get on board with the paint scheme. From day 1, I wanted one done in the scheme you chose. Man, it looks GOOD!!!

Comment

Working...
                                          X