X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by seaviper View Post
    You guys should offer that scheme as well. The aerobatic scheme is easy to see in the air. And I love it. But that scheme above is what I think of when I think L-39
    Thanks for the feedback!
    Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Another thing Alpha, I have been flying RC since 1993. That L-39 is the best RC plane I have ever owned. It's fast, sounds good, flight times are great, and the gear just absorbs our rough runway. It looks the part too.

I am pretty sure we have two club members ordering this week after seeing mine fly this past Sunday. We flew formation with the 90mm F-4 several times that day. Everybody just loves this bird when they see it fly.
      It might be the best jet you guys have ever made. It's a contender for that spot anyway.

Some 100mph formation flying fun. We were actually battling some pretty good gusts this day.

Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

• Pat..you call that a rough field? man u need to come to tyler tx ..I call it venus flytrap grass as it seems to stick to the tires and u cant get a edf off the ground lol..i keep up grading the moters to try to get flying speed(so far the f86 has a 2000kv in runner and still a 3 wheeled car) but no go (I drive 60 ,mi to mt pleasant for paved field..nice flying there buddy take care...we need to get together in Jackson some time as its paved also

Comment

• Yeah man...we will. I'd like to bring our jet crew over there for a day of jet flying.

Here are more high speed antics by the jet group. The wind was pretty bad at times. Landings were earned.

Comment

• Yet another formation flight from Sunday with the L-39 and F-4. Again, landings were earned, not given. Plenty of wind.

Comment

• Anyone needing help with the new MCB-E on the L-39 (multifunction control box), put together this video for you guys

Comment

• Nice video. The term "Strobe" they use is more like what we call a "Beacon" in aviation. But it works fine. I used the blue box to add a couple led's to my bird. It saved me the trouble of adding in an LED controller.

Comment

Nice video. The term "Strobe" they use is more like what we call a "Beacon" in aviation. But it works fine. I used the blue box to add a couple led's to my bird. It saved me the trouble of adding in an LED controller.
                  So, what you're saying is that you can hook LED's directly to that multi-function box without any sort of auxiliary controller? I have a couple of very bright LED's that I would mind adding to my L-39.

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                    So, what you're saying is that you can hook LED's directly to that multi-function box without any sort of auxiliary controller? I have a couple of very bright LED's that I would mind adding to my L-39.
                    The MFCB's LED ports each output 5V, and yes, as long as the MFCB is powered, the integrated logic still will output the signals on each of the ports' respective flashing pattern. Plugging in the 1W LEDs that are included in most of our modern LED sets and PNPs from Freewing/FlightLine for example, is fine.

If you plan on using your own "very bright" LEDs, be sure to take into consideration the amp draw of the LED. To stay on the safe side, you don't want to exceed 5A total throughout the MFCB.

We've got some new lighting options including higher power LED drivers coming after Chrismas. I'll show a preview next month. Some of it is very novel, and very bright.

Comment

• Excellent, good times ahead :)

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post

The MFCB's LED ports each output 5V, and yes, as long as the MFCB is powered, the integrated logic still will output the signals on each of the ports' respective flashing pattern. Plugging in the 1W LEDs that are included in most of our modern LED sets and PNPs from Freewing/FlightLine for example, is fine.

If you plan on using your own "very bright" LEDs, be sure to take into consideration the amp draw of the LED. To stay on the safe side, you don't want to exceed 5A total across the rail. **EDITED to say "you don't want to exceed 5A total throughout the entire MFCB**

We've got some new lighting options including higher power LED drivers coming after Chrismas. I'll show a preview next month. Some of it is very novel, and very bright.

That should be 25 watts total at 5v ?

Comment

• Great video . Thanks for posting it.

Comment

• I used a couple of left-over LED's from the GT Power kit that MRC sells (and HK). They are 5mm LED's and work fine. I added a strobe to the tail and a beacon on the underside of the fuselage. I plugged my red beacon into the "Strobe" outlet and the strobe into the "double flash" outlet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hemidoo View Post

That should be 25 watts total at 5v ?
                              Thanks for pointing that out. Let me clarify that I meant across the *entire* rail, not a single port (that would be 225 watts of LED power which is impossible in this form factor). I wouldn't recommend pulling more than 350mA through any single LED port at any given time. As I stated previously, we intend the MFCB's extra LED ports to be used with Freewing's commonly used 1W LEDs at maximum. 3W/5W/10W LEDs in a single port is not what the MFCB is designed for.

I've edited my original post.

Comment

I used a couple of left-over LED's from the GT Power kit that MRC sells (and HK). They are 5mm LED's and work fine. I added a strobe to the tail and a beacon on the underside of the fuselage. I plugged my red beacon into the "Strobe" outlet and the strobe into the "double flash" outlet.

I've used the 5mm LEDs also in the strobe and beacon ports. They work great, are cheap, readily available from various retailers, and are lightweight. However, I did have a red 5mm LED burn out when plugged into the Constant On port. I'm only going to use them in the flashing ports that aren't on all the time.

Comment

You guys should offer that scheme as well. The aerobatic scheme is easy to see in the air. And I love it. But that scheme above is what I think of when I think L-39
                                  I agree, a couple of options would be nice!

Comment

• Originally posted by PhantomNut View Post

I agree, a couple of options would be nice!
                                    I agree as well, that camo will out sell the aerobatic livery any day, hope they do so I can buy another one.LOL

Comment

• A heavy metal scheme has my vote! These are the days I wish I had the skills to do a repaint!

Comment

• Originally posted by JamesonC View Post
                                        A heavy metal scheme has my vote! These are the days I wish I had the skills to do a repaint!
                                        I have started my Black Diamond's re-paint...Model Masters Acrylics and Callie graphics are in hand and initial masking is done. You can do it...not that difficult.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20181009_234125.jpg Views:	1 Size:	265.9 KB ID:	155726

Click image for larger version  Name:	14264634386_0ea188370b_b.jpg Views:	2 Size:	81.5 KB ID:	155727

Click image for larger version  Name:	p603465733-5_zps1d9b72e7.jpg Views:	1 Size:	81.8 KB ID:	155728

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post

I have started my Black Diamond's re-paint...Model Masters Acrylics and Callie graphics are in hand and initial masking is done.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20181009_234125.jpg Views:	1 Size:	265.9 KB ID:	155726

Click image for larger version  Name:	14264634386_0ea188370b_b.jpg Views:	2 Size:	81.5 KB ID:	155727

Click image for larger version  Name:	p603465733-5_zps1d9b72e7.jpg Views:	1 Size:	81.8 KB ID:	155728
                                          I think ya all know I'm not a big fan of this model. I just wanted to clarify, I'm not saying it's a bad looking plane. I simply have no history with this plane. However I can say this paint scheme looks really good. Just sayin. Much, Much better look for this model.

Woody

Comment

Working...
                                          X