Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I remember once upon a time, there was a thread about the need (or want) for a gyro. The prevailing thought (or attitude) at the time was ....................... "I don't need no stinkin' gyro. We should all learn to fly properly without one." I wonder how many of those in that thread have become converts? Let's face it, for around 20 bucks (a little more shipped unless you throw a couple in the plane box you just ordered) is nothing to be able to fly on the windier days. Sure, if you don't calibrate it or set the gains properly and according to the instructions, you can be in a world of hurt. The HobbyEagle is by far the best bang for the buck and you really don't need the more pricey "Pro" versions either. Next are the stabilized receivers like the Admiral and the Lemon (on which Admiral evolved from). I've always professed that a stab/return to home module for a sailplane is a great investment as they can tend to go quite far away and get out of sight. The best bang for the buck here is the Bigaole. Anything else is just too expensive or problematic or don't work at all.

Comment

• Yep I know I have been flying fpv for 9 yrs with controllers on it (A3 included in third person) but can never help it feeling its a bit like cheating and taking away my learning possibilities :):Whew:

Comment

• Gyros are like power steering for full scale cars. Just an extra helping hand.

Comment

• Great analogy bro!! I can fly anything!!! I can fly anything with a gyro better!!!! LOL

Comment

• Case-in-point. I have many flying hours. I bought an Art-Tech Fokker DR I from MRC. It was a neat bird in EPS. Flew crazy!!!!!!!!!! I crashed 8 out of 9 flights!!! After all the breaks and glue, it almost aligned itself and flew better... LOL Anyway, I trashed that airframe and bought another! Put the A3-L in and it was a different airplane! Not a great flying airplane, but manageable non-the-less.... FWIW.

Comment

• Same with the little FMS P-40 Warhawk. Needed more battery and a gyro and I still fly it today... First one was destroyed being under powered (2 cell) and squirrely (no gyro). Anyway!!! Just my personal data and experience....

Comment

• If saving myself and my wallet from fewer crashes and butt clenching moments is "cheating", I'll cheat all day long and an extra day in Leap Years. I'll never become an "expert" RC pilot before I die nor do I aspire to get even close to being one and I'm just honky dory with that.

Comment

• Really short leads on the tank wires. After messing with these for a while, I have decided to just solder some proper leads.
                  Click image for larger version  Name:	20181003_142130.jpg Views:	1 Size:	61.3 KB ID:	154668

Be careful gluing the tail piece. Mine was out of alignment with the wing saddle. Personally I bolt on the wings and the tail before gluing that tail piece on any jet. That way I know it is aligned with the main wing.
                  This alleviates trim problems and makes your bird fly more efficiently.
                  Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

• I didn't have any issues with the tip tank LED wiring. The trick is to make sure the connectors slide into the void area when sliding the tip tank on the wing mount.
                    Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post

Did you hear that George? ;)
                      I don't want no stinking gyro :P
                      TiredIron Aviation
                      Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Lol thats awesome LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post

I don't want no stinking gyro :P
                          That's fine...you can keep right on wobbling through the air all you want...

Comment

• To the left to the left to your right your left your right your leeeeft!

Comment

• The frsky s8r and s6r work great. For the price there’s no reason not to buy them and either leave gyro off or use it. I personllay learned to fly without gyros but have come to like the extra help they provide.

Comment

• I’ve seen more wobbling from gyros than without
                                TiredIron Aviation
                                Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• I’m down for at least a week ... Bad flap servo ... 1st bad electronic part out of the box from FW ever ! About 12 planes purchased ... o well , no maiden this weekend ... wishing everyone successful maidens !

Comment

• I have been getting more of those lately. One of my complaints. Generally the culprit is a bad solder joint. If you are so inclined, you might go in and look at the servo. I actually fixed one of mine and restored it to flying status.

I fixed the bad connectors on the tank lights.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20181003_175337.jpg
Views:	713
Size:	75.3 KB
ID:	154736

Name:	20181003_192846.jpg
Views:	694
Size:	119.6 KB
ID:	154737

Name:	20181003_192808.jpg
Views:	662
Size:	105.3 KB
ID:	154738

Comment

• Originally posted by seaviper View Post
                                      I have been getting more of those lately. One of my complaints. Generally the culprit is a bad solder joint. If you are so inclined, you might go in and look at the servo. I actually fixed one of mine and restored it to flying status.

I fixed the bad connectors on the tank lights.

Name:	20181003_175337.jpg
Views:	713
Size:	75.3 KB
ID:	154736

Name:	20181003_192846.jpg
Views:	694
Size:	119.6 KB
ID:	154737

Name:	20181003_192808.jpg
Views:	662
Size:	105.3 KB
ID:	154738
                                      The servo that I have, as soon as you plug in the battery gets too hot to touch. I tried moving it back-and-forth and opening it up to see if anything was bound up but it wasn’t. It’s just bad. Not sure if it’s the motor or the I C board.

Comment

• After recent purchase experiences, I keep a stash of servos on hand. It takes a week here to get stuff usually.

Comment

• I got a bad elevator servo on mine. Sound like the gears are strip and moves intermiten throug the trow. The good news is I got a new servo on the way thanks to Brad at motion RC.

Comment

Working...
                                          X