Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And now a little more on the new MCB (multi-function control board) that will ship with the L-39 and many future models:

S.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stuart.MotionRC View Post
      And now a little more on the new MCB (multi-function control board) that will ship with the L-39 and many future models:

S.
      Would the mod procedure be the same for the strobe option?

Comment

• Originally posted by Quickstop View Post

Would the mod procedure be the same for the strobe option?
        Yes, the MFCB has different ports for triple flash, double flash, single blink, constant on, landing, and Gear. "Modding" is a simple matter of plugging the LED wire into any of these ports, whichever you prefer.
        Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Originally posted by Stuart.MotionRC View Post
          And now a little more on the new MCB (multi-function control board) that will ship with the L-39 and many future models:

S.
          For future models that may have an afterburner light built in, how does this new multi-function board control it?

Comment

• How are we looking for next week ? Are these still on time? :)

Comment

• You know what they say about a "watched kettle".

Comment

• Originally posted by Felixs10 View Post
                How are we looking for next week ? Are these still on time? :)
                Everything is still on track for end of September. I can't say an exact day but we hope they start shipping next week

Comment

• Originally posted by T-CAT View Post

For future models that may have an afterburner light built in, how does this new multi-function board control it?
                  T-Cat, I wanted to share this with you. There are 2 new Multifuction Control Boxes coming out. The L-39 uses the new MCB-E and the MCB-D will be coming as well. When you get your L-39 you will get this separate instruction manual that shows both. The MCB-D will have that option on it. See the pictures.
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by James.MotionRC View Post

T-Cat, I wanted to share this with you. There are 2 new Multifuction Control Boxes coming out. The L-39 uses the new MCB-E and the MCB-D will be coming as well. When you get your L-39 you will get this separate instruction manual that shows both. The MCB-D will have that option on it. See the pictures.
                    Fantastic! Thank you.

Comment

• They were close to a mid air in that vid ;) Looks so good

Comment

• Wrong thread..... sorry

Comment

• James, any idea on what the voltage output is for the afterburner LED plug on the control board?

Would be really cool to be able to plug my centerburner units into this. They need 7.2v...

Comment

• Originally posted by JazzmanB View Post
                            They were close to a mid air in that vid ;) Looks so good
                            These got too close...

Reno Air Races 2018 - L39 Collision, Includes the video of BOTH Aircraft Landing Safely after the incident - Jet Heat (2B) 9-13-2018. It's a testament to goo...
                            FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

• I went to the Reno Air Races last year for the first time. Here are ten photos from the some of the 2017 Jet Class heats:

Comment

• You Tube clips of the L-39 are starting to appear, these seem to be shot in China? The pilots seem to know what they are doing and the L-39 certainly looks to be a very capable and fast aerobat.

Could be a co-incidence but the location looks to be very similar to the road used to 'tease' the A-4 just prior to it's release?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56VLk-PQxZY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7N23LGJeXZ4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WycbPHY-QU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G17pXNwUMcU

Comment

• [QUOTE=Monty500;n152366]You Tube clips of the L-39 are starting to appear, these seem to be shot in China? The pilots seem to know what they are doing and the L-39 certainly looks to be a very capable and fast aerobat.

Could be a co-incidence but the location looks to be very similar to the road used to 'tease' the A-4 just prior to it's release?

Well, freewing has to fly their planes somewhere.

Comment

• They also have Freewing collared shirts on. :)

Comment

• Those are our Taiwanese friends that came to visit last month. Their shipment can leave three weeks after ours and still arrive a week before ours. Darn you, Mr. Distance.

And yes, they felt immediately comfortable with the L-39. I've had lots of experience with other L-39s, from 50mm-64mm foam, to Sapac's 70mm composite (and foam in 70mm also), up to turbine L-39s. Any of them with a scale sized wing was very snappy and prone to tip stalls. I'd wager that most Sapac L-39s died turning base to final.... I remember a summer where we saw three take dirt naps, virtually all in the same place a stone's throw away from the apron. When we set out to develop our L-39, I was adamant that our bird wouldn't depart from controlled flight at the top of hammer stalls or loops, or something as simple as setting up for landing. The model ended up being surprisingly sedate with all the tweaks we put in, which I think will serve the wider majority. This one's a *****cat.

Comment

• Bajora, I didn't realize you were at Reno last year!

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
                                          Those are our Taiwanese friends that came to visit last month. Their shipment can leave three weeks after ours and still arrive a week before ours. Darn you, Mr. Distance.

And yes, they felt immediately comfortable with the L-39. I've had lots of experience with other L-39s, from 50mm-64mm foam, to Sapac's 70mm composite (and foam in 70mm also), up to turbine L-39s. Any of them with a scale sized wing was very snappy and prone to tip stalls. I'd wager that most Sapac L-39s died turning base to final.... I remember a summer where we saw three take dirt naps, virtually all in the same place a stone's throw away from the apron. When we set out to develop our L-39, I was adamant that our bird wouldn't depart from controlled flight at the top of hammer stalls or loops, or something as simple as setting up for landing. The model ended up being surprisingly sedate with all the tweaks we put in, which I think will serve the wider majority. This one's a *****cat.
                                          Thanks for making our lives easier.... (and cheaper)

Comment

Working...
                                          X