Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Quickstop View Post

No, nothing about it in the video
    Of course there's nothing about your specific alteration but there's enough in that video that anyone who's willing to use his noodle can deduce what to do to get the desired effect.

Comment

• You want the landing lights driven by a flasher, then steady like a landing light? You can do it, but you need a switch of some sort. You could run a switch off the gear that switches the lights to solid when down and then back to flasher when up.
      I don't see the utility in it though. I prefer to just have them on when landing.
      Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

• Update on the gun pods. We spoke with free Wing this morning they apologize for the mix-up. they will be sending us a bunch of gun pods and we ask everyone who wants one to please submit a ticket on motion RC. Com and as soon as they arrive we will get them shipping out.

Again apologies for the mix-up we will get it sorted.

Comment

• And this is why Motion is tops in my book!

Comment

• Originally posted by James.MotionRC View Post
            Update on the gun pods. We spoke with free Wing this morning they apologize for the mix-up. they will be sending us a bunch of gun pods and we ask everyone who wants one to please submit a ticket on motion RC. Com and as soon as they arrive we will get them shipping out.

Thank you .. Ticket created :)

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
              Of course there's nothing about your specific alteration but there's enough in that video that anyone who's willing to use his noodle can deduce what to do to get the desired effect.
              The issue is to have the small nav lights flash, not the landing lights, and there are two nav lights but only one output to have them flash and was wondering if i could just use a y connector, guess I'll have to experiment

Comment

• Yeas, use a Y connector.

Comment

The issue is to have the small nav lights flash, not the landing lights, and there are two nav lights but only one output to have them flash and was wondering if i could just use a y connector, guess I'll have to experiment
                  In each wing pod, there are 2 plugs. One for the landing light and one for the nav lights and those end up on the central multiplug. Looking at the video that Stuart made, you can deduce which one is which at the central board. A "Y" is all you need when you end up at the internal control board. That board even tells you which input to use for what purpose. Deduce, deduce, deduce and a little "noodle" work and you're there. That video told me everything I need to know to do such a project.

Comment

• Waiting on the ups truck

Comment

You realize of course that the nav lights don't flash on real aircraft. The Red and Green Nav lights are constantly on. Only white beacon lights or red belly lights flash.
                      Super Airliner, Corsair, Viper, BAE Hawk, L-39, A-6, PC-21, B-25, T-28, GeeBee, Wildcat, Stinson, F-16, F-4

Comment

• military birds are different...the T-45's here locally can either be steady or flash. The Su-35 has been filmed with steady nav lights and flashing nav lights. Most of them have a switch in the cockpit for flash or steady.

I would not personally Y-in two LED's to the same port on the box. It may very well be that the box is made to handle two LED's at once. But you never know. What will probably happen is you will get dimmer lights. Those outputs are made to source only so much current. But you have to see some specs to know.

Comment

• Anyone flown it yet that can compare it to an Avanti ?

Comment

• Originally posted by seaviper View Post
                            military birds are different...the T-45's here locally can either be steady or flash. The Su-35 has been filmed with steady nav lights and flashing nav lights. Most of them have a switch in the cockpit for flash or steady.
                            Something I did not know!
                            Super Airliner, Corsair, Viper, BAE Hawk, L-39, A-6, PC-21, B-25, T-28, GeeBee, Wildcat, Stinson, F-16, F-4

Comment

• Two of our club members work on the T-45...that's how I found out

Comment

• Originally posted by James.MotionRC View Post
                                Update on the gun pods. We spoke with free Wing this morning they apologize for the mix-up. they will be sending us a bunch of gun pods and we ask everyone who wants one to please submit a ticket on motion RC. Com and as soon as they arrive we will get them shipping out.

James , I put in a ticket and received a response of "If/When" freewing sends parts. Implying that its not Definite Or Michael in CS just wasn't made aware. Excuse my ignorance , but Ive never had a problem with a FW product so I don't know Motion RC's protocol in handling things like this . Should I see an Unfulfilled order in my history ( like a pre order) , B/C if so , that hasn't happened , All I have is a Plane in unfulfilled that hasn't been shipped .

Comment

• The ticket I opened this morning is marked as closed. Hmmm.....

Comment

• "I would not personally Y-in two LED's to the same port on the box. It may very well be that the box is made to handle two LED's at once. But you never know. What will probably happen is you will get dimmer lights. Those outputs are made to source only so much current. But you have to see some specs to know."

That's the part i was worried about!
                                    In the meantime I'll just plug them into the strobe, which has two outputs, don't want to blow it up until there are spare parts!

Comment

• Originally posted by seaviper View Post
                                      Waiting on the ups truck
                                      Me too! Should be here soon.
                                      Pat

Comment

• Hoping to maiden tomorrow. The afterburner set up is a twin 80mm ring. The rings are back to back and what looks like a center burner is actually aluminum foil tape on the butt end of the motor.

Comment

• Urrl. Looks really cool! However, may not be a good idea to put the aluminum tape on the back of the motor housing. That was probably left open on purpose to provide cooling to the motor. Just a thought.

Comment

Working...
                                          X