X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alpha or any MRC staff,

It appears that most (if not all) kits are being received without a chin gun pod. Some of the pics on the site show it attached, some do not. The MRC build vid stated that the kit would come with one. For those missing the gun pod, will we be getting one later?
    Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
      Alpha or any MRC staff,

It appears that most (if not all) kits are being received without a chin gun pod. Some of the pics on the site show it attached, some do not. The MRC build vid stated that the kit would come with one. For those missing the gun pod, will we be getting one later?
      Hey guys, we are working with FW on fixing this issue. Hang tight. We may have accidentally jumped the gun thinking the gun pod would be included while Freewing thought the other way. We will 100% figure out a fix and as soon as we do, we will let you guys know.

Have to fly weapon free training missions in the meantime. Humble apologies for this miscommunication

Comment

• Thanks for the quick reply James! This is why MRC is #1 in my book!
        Pat

Comment

• Thanks for your support and understanding, Pat! It's midnight here in China, otherwise I'd call Freewing right now, but as James said I'll get an answer from Freewing tomorrow and he'll post the next steps.
          Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Thanks Alpha. A quick question for you, do you know what servo frequency is recommended to be used with Gyro’s (specifically the Hobby Eagle) for the stock Freewing digital servos like the ones that come on the L-39 or previous Freewing jets (if applicable)? Has the servo supplier mentioned anything in regards to that information?

I’ve kept it on 50Hz, which is typically for analog servos, but that is to play it on the safe side until I spoke with you to confirm whether or not it can be increased safely without risk of burning out the servos.

Thanks again! Now....get some sleep my dude. :)LOL

Comment

• Another question for MRC. Did spare parts also come in with the first shipment, or are they coming later? I need to get a decal sheet as I'm planning to repaint mine, and would like to have the nomenclature to add back on in addition to the new decals I get from Callie.

Thanks!
              Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
                Another question for MRC. Did spare parts also come in with the first shipment, or are they coming later? I need to get a decal sheet as I'm planning to repaint mine, and would like to have the nomenclature to add back on in addition to the new decals I get from Callie.

Thanks!
                I noticed Callie also has the nomenclature for the L-39 just in case you want to go that direction if the decal sheet from Freewing doesn’t arrive as soon as you want.

Custom Graphics for your R/C Models! Choose from stock sets or request a quote for a custom scheme.

Comment

• Originally posted by T-CAT View Post
                  Thanks Alpha. A quick question for you, do you know what servo frequency is recommended to be used with Gyro’s (specifically the Hobby Eagle) for the stock Freewing digital servos like the ones that come on the L-39 or previous Freewing jets (if applicable)? Has the servo supplier mentioned anything in regards to that information?

I’ve kept it on 50Hz, which is typically for analog servos, but that is to play it on the safe side until I spoke with you to confirm whether or not it can be increased safely without risk of burning out the servos.

Thanks again! Now....get some sleep my dude. :)LOL
                  I've got a HobbyEagle A3-L in my Avanti S and it works just fine. The plane doesn't need it but I was experimenting. It'll get put into another plane in the future when the need arises.

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                    I've got a HobbyEagle A3-L in my Avanti S and it works just fine. The plane doesn't need it but I was experimenting. It'll get put into another plane in the future when the need arises.
                    You thought the same as I did. I just tried the Hobby Eagle A3-L in the Avanti S yesterday. I got it from a friend for crazy cheap and it was new in the package, and figured minds well try it. So, I used the Avanti as a test bed. I have several hundred flights on the Avanti which provided for a good gauge of whether the gyro was adding anything useful.

The ease of set-up and use of the A3-L I thought was better than many of my friends A3 Super 3’s, and I only wanted a gyro that provided a stability mode, not auto-hover, etc. Yesterday we had some decent gusts of wind early in the day, so it was nice to test it. The gyro worked like a charm. I have it on a switch for on-off and for stability, with the third “3D Mode” deactivated via TX endpoints. For many jets, this gyro seems rather ideal, and doesn’t have the added features of the Super 3 that I wouldn’t use. If I were flying 3D planes for auto-hover or possibly wanted a trainer mode or auto-level mode, then I’d venture the direction of gyro’s like the Super 3. For $22 at the moment, the A3-L appears difficult to beat for overall value.

Comment

• Just unboxed my L-39. The quality of this plane is unbelievable! It is definately the highest quality foam plane I have ever purchased. Initially I wasn't going to buy it cause I didnt like the livery.. So glad I changed my mind! Going to be a couple of days in the paint shop before the maiden.
                      Super Airliner, Corsair, Viper, BAE Hawk, L-39, A-6, PC-21, B-25, T-28, GeeBee, Wildcat, Stinson, F-16, F-4

Comment

• Mine comes tomorrow. Can't wait
                        Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

• I have the A3 in my SebArt MiG-29 and the auto hover works really well. Just flip the switch and all I gotta do is work the throttle and a little aileron to keep it steady. The gyro mode also makes the MiG fly rock solid. Coming out of a fast roll, it just snaps back to level. I just put an A3-L into my newly built FW SU-35. Haven't flown it yet, but I expect no surprises. I've never had much luck with the auto balance mode so, like you, I've programmed it out from the Tx. For most applications, I even leave the "mode" and master gain connections empty. I just set the gain manually for gyro and turn the 3D pot all the way down. Start low gain and maybe one or two small adjustments and it's done. Set it and forget it. I love these things. So simple and cheap and you never know it's there until the wind gets gusty. I've never felt the need to go to the "super duper, pro" versions of this device.

Comment

• Originally posted by vdanger View Post
                            Just unboxed my L-39. The quality of this plane is unbelievable! It is definately the highest quality foam plane I have ever purchased. Initially I wasn't going to buy it cause I didnt like the livery.. So glad I changed my mind! Going to be a couple of days in the paint shop before the maiden.
                            Ditto here... The quality is very very nice. They get better every time!!! I was not super excited about a L-39, but now that it is here, I think it will be a favorite to fly.... No paint job here; too many other projects to finish!! Like the big B-17G!!!! :Cool:

Comment

• I have A3-L's in just about every plane I own. I think I have three (3) A3's too... All work well and give you that locked in feeling.... For 23.00, why not???

Comment

• Maybe someone in the Motion group can help me. I'd like to have the landing lights come on as normal when the gear comes down, but I see the blue box has output for strobe and double and triple flash. Would it be possible to have the nav lights on the tip tanks strobe or flash while leaving the landing lights alone?

Comment

• Just unboxed mine . This thing is gorgeous! If this flies half as good as the Avanti it won’t be in stock ever. Only thing is I’m missing a part. I don’t have the gun Terrett that goes behind the Nose gear

Comment

• Originally posted by Felixs10 View Post
                                    Just unboxed mine . This thing is gorgeous! If this flies half as good as the Avanti it won’t be in stock ever. Only thing is I’m missing a part. I don’t have the gun Terrett that goes behind the Nose gear
                                    This is covered a page or so back.
                                    TiredIron Aviation
                                    Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Originally posted by Quickstop View Post
                                      Maybe someone in the Motion group can help me. I'd like to have the landing lights come on as normal when the gear comes down, but I see the blue box has output for strobe and double and triple flash. Would it be possible to have the nav lights on the tip tanks strobe or flash while leaving the landing lights alone?
                                      This may give you some insight:

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                                        This may give you some insight:

No, nothing about it in the video

Comment

• Originally posted by Quickstop View Post
                                          Maybe someone in the Motion group can help me. I'd like to have the landing lights come on as normal when the gear comes down, but I see the blue box has output for strobe and double and triple flash. Would it be possible to have the nav lights on the tip tanks strobe or flash while leaving the landing lights alone?
                                          I obviously don’t have the jet yet, haha. However, I think it appears that all wing servo leads go right to the servo ports at the middle of the wing, so you would have to not put the NAV lights in the ports on those connectors at the mid wing, and instead make extensions and plug them directly into the main blue junction box at the single flash port.

Comment

Working...
                                          X