First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Totally get that, because i do have some history with the black diamonds

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post

I have started my Black Diamond's re-paint...Model Masters Acrylics and Callie graphics are in hand and initial masking is done. You can do it...not that difficult.

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_20181009_234125.jpg Views:	1 Size:	265.9 KB ID:	155726

Click image for larger version Name:	14264634386_0ea188370b_b.jpg Views:	2 Size:	81.5 KB ID:	155727

Click image for larger version Name:	p603465733-5_zps1d9b72e7.jpg Views:	1 Size:	81.8 KB ID:	155728
      This scheme would be a winner too!

Comment

• iam going to hook up the landing lights to the 3 strobe on one side and 2 strobe on the other side when my 2 pin extentions get here and see if it looks good etc or maybe just do the on all the time mod

Comment

• I sure hope you guys come out with some better paint schemes on the L39. I will then be ready to add to my ever growing collection. When Grey ghost F 4 comes out I’m all over it. Doing the red tail. Oh yeah.

Comment

• My repaint work in progress. Big thank you to Callie Graphics for the awesome decals.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kferros View Post
              I sure hope you guys come out with some better paint schemes on the L39. I will then be ready to add to my ever growing collection. When Grey ghost F 4 comes out I’m all over it. Doing the red tail. Oh yeah.
              You will likely have to repaint parts of the gray F-4 so why not just repaint an L-39 as well?

Comment

• Originally posted by urrl View Post
                My repaint work in progress. Big thank you to Callie Graphics for the awesome decals.
                Looks great urrl! I hope the Florida sun is kind to you.

Comment

• That black diamonds repaint looks awesome....I’m still debating which to do. So far this is my fav.

Comment

• My club is going to sand the runway. So I am going to test this cheater cover. I expect less static thrust and sound with maybe a little more top speed. We will see.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20181011_115117.jpg
Views:	683
Size:	143.9 KB
ID:	155901
                    Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

• Originally posted by seaviper View Post
                      My club is going to sand the runway. So I am going to test this cheater cover. I expect less static thrust and sound with maybe a little more top speed. We will see.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20181011_115117.jpg Views:	1 Size:	143.9 KB ID:	155901
                      Hey Seaviper, I just saw your PM but I'll answer publicly here. You're right on all accounts. It shouldn't be too perceptible, however, except during punchouts at low speed and flat attitude. Notice that here in some videos such as my Mirage flight video at Freewing we often fly off of a sandy/gravel/dirt runway, without issue.
                      Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Roger that Alpha. Well I will conduct a test flight anyway. Last year they sanded a part of the runway and it did ablate the blades on my A-4 slightly. I chose a screw installation in order to keep from damaging the paint. Plus I want the cover removable for those hot summer days.

As a side note, after last Sunday's flying, the F-4 driver in the video as well as the guy doing the filming are both getting L-39's. We expect some three-ship L-39 formation action soon...

Edit: the material used for the cover is a microwave cooking cover from the dollar tree.

Comment

My club is going to sand the runway. So I am going to test this cheater cover. I expect less static thrust and sound with maybe a little more top speed. We will see.

Name:	20181011_115117.jpg
Views:	683
Size:	143.9 KB
ID:	155901
                          I’d like to hear the results

Comment

• Hey Guys, anyone who might want to custom an L-39 could benefit from Jeremy Solt's tips in our latest video. It's a long one, but well worth it if you want to dive into a customization. Big thanks to Jeremy Solt for filming this for us!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ron lake View Post

I’d like to hear the results
                              Ron I fully expect to capture some 4K footage of the flight test and maybe some commentary. Should be Friday or Saturday if the wind dies down.

Jeremy, I think it might have been my Super Scorpion repaint that detailed the wet paper towel method. I do not recommend that method with heavy gloss coats or with water soluble paints.
                              I used light coats as well. It works best with flat paints. To clean up bleeding, I use these tiny makeup swabs with a pointy tip and some mineral spirits. You can make a mess turn into a nice perfect line with those.
                              https://www.hobbysquawk.com/forum/el...2446#post62446

This F-104 and this A-4 were painted using the wet paper towel technique and no tape.

Comment

Ron I fully expect to capture some 4K footage of the flight test and maybe some commentary. Should be Friday or Saturday if the wind dies down.
                                I appreciate it. I would really like to cover up a cheater intake because of our field conditions, don’t want to destroy the rotor on my jetfan 80.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ron lake View Post

I appreciate it. I would really like to cover up a cheater intake because of our field conditions, don’t want to destroy the rotor on my jetfan 80.
                                  I really don’t want to go with a screen on the cheater intake unless I have to:Angry:

Comment

• Morning flight with new paint job.

Comment

• Youtube, Dangerous passion, L-39 Check this out along with Pt2 and 3

Comment

• Comment

• Maidened my L-39 today. All I can say is that this plane is Superb! It is definately the best flying EDF I own. I think it is even a better flying and easier to fly plane then the Freewing Bae Hawk which I also own. I set it up per the book and only gave it two clicks of left aileron and it was flying perfectly. I felt so comfortable that I was doing loops and rolls on the maiden.

For the first flight I used a 4000 admiral all of the way forward. I was pushing it pretty good and came down at 3 minutes with 3.79 volts per cell. For the second flight I used a 4500 ma Floureon about 1/2 inch from the front of the battery compartment and spent most of the time exploring the slow flight characteristics. I came down at 3 minutes with 3.9 volts per cell. I don't think even with a 5000 you are going to get over 5 minutes with this plane, but that is fine with me.

I fly from a grass runway and the L-39 works fine off of grass. After the first flight, I gave it about 10% more elevator to help it get off sooner.

I feel that this plane could be a first EDF for an experienced prop pilot.

Name:	L39 small.jpg
Views:	619
Size:	217.7 KB
ID:	156035
                                          Super Airliner, Corsair, Viper, BAE Hawk, L-39, A-6, PC-21, B-25, T-28, GeeBee, Wildcat, Stinson, F-16, F-4

Comment

Working...
                                          X