Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well my l39 arrived Tuesday ready for the weekend repositioned the blue box seem too work better

Comment

• That was the fastest build I have ever done for any arf, about 45 mins. Everything went together very smoothly. Can't wait to fly her.

Comment

• Yes this was a fast build. Plus the finish was top quality.

Comment

• Originally posted by Felixs10 View Post
          I’m down for at least a week ... Bad flap servo ... 1st bad electronic part out of the box from FW ever ! About 12 planes purchased ... o well , no maiden this weekend ... wishing everyone successful maidens !
          Dude fly without the flap servos. You Will be just fine:) then when you the servo pop it in.

Comment

• Big Brown dropped it off this morning.
            she is so pretty!!!!

Comment

• So like just about everyone else, mine went together in about 45 minutes yesterday. I only ran into one issue. For some reason, rudder and nose steering did not work when gear was down. Worked fine with gear up. Messed with it a bunch today, made sure polarities were correct, wires were in the correct slots, and swapped out leads where I could. Nothing worked, so I just put them on a Y direct to the RX. Everything works fine now. I probably got a bad blue box, something's turning off the rudder and steering with the gear down. I'm not worried about it, everything else works just fine. Still going to maiden on Saturday.
              Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
                So like just about everyone else, mine went together in about 45 minutes yesterday. I only ran into one issue. For some reason, rudder and nose steering did not work when gear was down. Worked fine with gear up. Messed with it a bunch today, made sure polarities were correct, wires were in the correct slots, and swapped out leads where I could. Nothing worked, so I just put them on a Y direct to the RX. Everything works fine now. I probably got a bad blue box, something's turning off the rudder and steering with the gear down. I'm not worried about it, everything else works just fine. Still going to maiden on Saturday.
                I noticed that mine is doing that too. (In testing). Used a servo tester. The nose gear steering works fine off the tester, but not thru the box... :-(

Comment

• I'm glad Big Brown is delivering Bold Blue to all of you safely. I'm excited to hear about the maidens!

Originally posted by Hardway View Post

I noticed that mine is doing that too. (In testing). Used a servo tester. The nose gear steering works fine off the tester, but not thru the box... :-(
                  Guys, I'm sorry to hear about this steering issue you've experienced. Please be sure to contact the Support Team and file a Service Ticket with them about this. They'll work it up the chain with proper documentation to my team at the factory to find out probable cause. I looked through the evaluation records of the MFCB and no prior instance was recorded across months of testing so I'm keen to get to the bottom of this, fluke or not. Thanks
                  Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post
                    Here's the video from Nall in the Fall.

That's some fancy editing there, and the maiden wasn't too bad either, my friend! Calm as can be with nary a power line in sight :) Great landing, too. No flaps, slight headwind, minimal flare, easy.

Comment

• Editing those videos is big job. Well done guys!
                      Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

• Hi guys ,

for those that are having blue box issues, I believe that many of them arent issues at all. I was in the same boat. Unscrew your blue box from the airplane and look at where the nose gear and steering servo’s are connected to the blue box. Mine were simply plugged in the wrong slots. The nose gear retract needs to go into one of the three open spots that says gear. The nose gear steering servo needs to go into the slot that says steering. Do not look at the diagram in the manual, look at the label printed on the side of the blue box. Trust me I believe this is the problem. These are plugged in by humans, humans make mistakes. My problem was a faulty flap servo which I already have a ticket in for.

Comment

• A test video with the Center After Burner from RCGeek.com

Love the plane :Cool:!

Comment

• Thanks for posting that, Felixs10. I checked the MFCB I have here and yes you're correct, if the nose retract isn't plugged into one of the three GEAR slots and the nose servo isn't plugged into the STEERING slot, then neither won't work after the very first gear deployment.

Please verify that we're all plugged into the correct MFCB slots. If that solves it, great. If that doesn't solve it, see my previous suggestion to file a Service Ticket with the support team.

Separately from the above MFCB plug question, losing one servo in ~4,000 is long odds but it will still happen, which is why all our products are covered under warranty for a free replacement in the case of DOA servos. Give the guys a call and they'll take care of anyone in this kind of predicament.

Comment

Here's the video from Nall in the Fall.

George, James (and any others who lent a hand) ... VERY nice job on that video! Like Alpha, I too was really impressed with the editing. :Cool:

Comment

• James is a machine! (His owns words) LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by Bajora View Post

George, James (and any others who lent a hand) ... VERY nice job on that video! Like Alpha, I too was really impressed with the editing. :Cool:
                                  We were also streaming live on Facebook so no pressure at all :Sweating:especially after the 8S F-4 fiasco :Silly: For this maiden I was trying to be as safe as possible but still show the speed and handling.
                                  TiredIron Aviation
                                  Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

We were also streaming live on Facebook so no pressure at all :Sweating:especially after the 8S F-4 fiasco :Silly: For this maiden I was trying to be as safe as possible but still show the speed and handling.
                                    What pressure :Confused:You had wide open skies with no power line limbo ;)LOL
                                    Warbird Charlie
                                    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• And nobody flying a Corsair near by ;)LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by Twowingtj View Post
                                        And nobody flying a Corsair near by ;)LOL
                                        Touche' sir! LOL The A-10 killer was actually sitting safely under a canopy at the time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Twowingtj View Post
                                          And nobody flying a Corsair near by ;)LOL
                                          You won the internet today, best post in months (sorry OV) ;)
                                          TiredIron Aviation
                                          Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

Working...
                                          X