First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scheduled Delivery:

Tuesday, 10/02/2018 , By End of Day

Comment

• Sssshhhhh, were not supposed to brag about our shipping notices, only about the L-39 and how great it flies and all that stuff..........LOL

Comment

• always wondered how ups can get a package 1000 miles farther south to ft Lauderdale the same day I get mine in Mississippi lol..guess they forgot where Mississippi is

Comment

• Ugh oh, I just checked my tracking number and it says the shipment was cancelled. I hope nothing is wrong. I’ve never seen that before.

Comment

• Originally posted by T-CAT View Post
            Ugh oh, I just checked my tracking number and it says the shipment was cancelled. I hope nothing is wrong. I’ve never seen that before.
            Same here.

Don

Comment

• mine says Tuesday. It's already showing movement on the tracking. So I am confident it is on the way
              Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

• Originally posted by Ron1950 View Post
                always wondered how ups can get a package 1000 miles farther south to ft Lauderdale the same day I get mine in Mississippi lol..guess they forgot where Mississippi is
                I highly doubt that ground service is all just truck. Some of it might be train (TOFC or container) as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by dfordham View Post

Same here.

Don
                  That’s very strange. Did you contact Motion yet?

Comment

• I just got a hold of them and the information that was on the label was incorrect, so a new tracking number was provided. It still appears to be on schedule for schedule a Wednesday delivery. :Cool:

Comment

• Mine arrives today...

Comment

• I really cant be in too big a rush I sent it home to ms and iam in tx till the 5th

Comment

• Texas is a good place to be!!!

Comment

• Thank you again to everyone in our customer family who made the L-39 one of our best performing releases in recent memory. Your generous support helps validate our belief that this Series we created and continue to evolve, at this performance level, feature count, size and price point, is worth expanding. And expand it, we will.

As of yesterday we're pleased to be shipping these 80mm L-39s to our customers on time in "Late September" as projected on the pre-order page, and less than 30 days from the day we first announced the 80mm L-39's existence to the world. We never take for granted the trust you place in us with a pre-order, so when Customs plays nice and we're able to meet our conservative ship date estimates and keep your waiting time short, I hope you feel we deliver on that trust.

Now comes the fun parts... flying, feedback, and customizations! Let's see what you got!
                            Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Thanks Brother!!! Thanks!!!

Comment

• Attached are the .STL files that comprise the 3DPUP Cockpit Set for the Freewing 80mm L-39 C/Z Albatros.

I recommend printing these at the following settings, based on Cura slicer:

Resolution: 0.1mm (sharper) or 0.2mm (faster)
                                Infill: 10%-15%
                                Speed: 60 mm/s
                                Wall Thickness: 0.8mm
                                Support: Everywhere
                                Support Overhang Angle: 60%
                                Build Plate Adhesion Type (ejection seats only): Brim
                                Brim Width (ejection seats only): 3mm

Attached Files

Comment

• I got to fly the L-39 multiple times at Nall in the Fall and I can say that it is a real performer in many ways. It has good in flight handling characteristics, nice vertical and slow speed performance and lands easy. The sleek design penetrates the wind well and the landing gear is very robust for the plane making it feel solid. Another well executed Freewing offering in my book.

Comment

• Thanks for sharing your thoughts after your week flying the L-39 at Nall, Steve! Now please get to work on an opening canopy :-P Also, hint, hint, I left the tip tanks hollow with minimal chambers... perfect to hold a few CCs of colored powder... if someone wanted to make a removable tube that used differential pressure to suck the powder out without any moving parts... I wonder if someone could tackle that... who do I know...

Comment

• Alpha, any idea when the 3d parts will be in stock?

Comment

• RCJetdude...I plan on testing her out at our forward air base, er flying field. It's very unimproved. We'll see how she handles the rough runway.

Comment

• Ordered mine today!

This one will be flying at the Marymoor RC site in Redmond, WA

On the 20th we will have an EDF Jet meetup... all are invited!

Comment

Working...
                                          X