First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks for the heads up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Felixs10 View Post

James , I put in a ticket and received a response of "If/When" freewing sends parts. Implying that its not Definite Or Michael in CS just wasn't made aware. Excuse my ignorance , but Ive never had a problem with a FW product so I don't know Motion RC's protocol in handling things like this . Should I see an Unfulfilled order in my history ( like a pre order) , B/C if so , that hasn't happened , All I have is a Plane in unfulfilled that hasn't been shipped .
      If you submitted a ticket then we have it documented. As soon as we receive the gun pods in then we will get them shipped to you. The plane you have now as unfulfilled is separate from the L-39 gun pod. That will be shipped as soon as possible. All tickets are processed in order, yours will surely ship soon.

Comment

• First person to fly one please post a picture of your battery in plane. Mine is ready to maiden. Seems my battery at CG is pretty far forward (admiral 5000 mah). Not used to that I guess. I’ll probaby fly mine Thursday... there is a huge amount of room in this plane. My fingers really appreciated it. Here is where mine seems to work... Comments? Other findings?

Comment

• Just opened the box on mine. But, it has been my experience as of late that most of those newer Admiral 5000's, the lighter ones like yours, tend to ride a little forward. I think they do that so you can CG with heavier batteries if need be.

I plan on flying mine with that same battery. So I'll let you know what I find. Where is you CG? Does it match the manual?
          Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

• This is one good looking bird !!!! I did run into a very small problem. The nose gear and steering were plugged in to the wrong slot on the blueboard. Quick easy fix but threw me for a loop for a moment.

Comment

• Originally posted by James.MotionRC View Post

If you submitted a ticket then we have it documented. As soon as we receive the gun pods in then we will get them shipped to you. The plane you have now as unfulfilled is separate from the L-39 gun pod. That will be shipped as soon as possible. All tickets are processed in order, yours will surely ship soon.

Many thanks !!

Comment

• Originally posted by wcessna View Post
                First person to fly one please post a picture of your battery in plane. Mine is ready to maiden. Seems my battery at CG is pretty far forward (admiral 5000 mah). Not used to that I guess. I’ll probaby fly mine Thursday... there is a huge amount of room in this plane. My fingers really appreciated it. Here is where mine seems to work... Comments? Other findings?
                I've been flying it on an Admiral 5000 with the edge of the battery at the front edge of the battery tray, I think you would be extremely nose heavy with it that far forward.
                TiredIron Aviation
                Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

First person to fly one please post a picture of your battery in plane. Mine is ready to maiden. Seems my battery at CG is pretty far forward (admiral 5000 mah). Not used to that I guess. I’ll probaby fly mine Thursday... there is a huge amount of room in this plane. My fingers really appreciated it. Here is where mine seems to work... Comments? Other findings?
                  Built mine earlier today before heading out to the movies this evening. I'm going to use a RoaringTop 5800 35C in mine. Have to push it all the way back in the bay, but it still fits under the strap, and the CG came out perfectly with it in that location.

I may try and get a CenterBurner put in it before maiden. If not, I'll do that when I repaint.
                  Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post

I've been flying it on an Admiral 5000 with the edge of the battery at the front edge of the battery tray, I think you would be extremely nose heavy with it that far forward.
                    I went back to build video and found they had it just slightly in front of the battery tray. I also realized I did not put canopy on and it made quite a difference. So I think I will go with it where you have used it. I have found most of these jets allow some variance but really don’t want to be nose heavy and land too hot. I’ll go with your experience! Thanks much!

Comment

• you need to have all the stuff on the bird when you do the cg check
                      Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

I went back to build video and found they had it just slightly in front of the battery tray. I also realized I did not put canopy on and it made quite a difference. So I think I will go with it where you have used it. I have found most of these jets allow some variance but really don’t want to be nose heavy and land too hot. I’ll go with your experience! Thanks much!
                        You will love this plane, it's the most stable EDF in my hangar (38 EDFs)...it will be very hard to top this one.
                        TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• Here's the video from Nall in the Fall.

TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• Quick question...I have noticed the L39 does some tailwagging when flying slow and with flaps...at least I have observed this in several vids that have been posted so far. Can you guys confirm who have maidened theirs...any reason for it?

Comment

• Originally posted by Petronio View Post
                              Quick question...I have noticed the L39 does some tailwagging when flying slow and with flaps...at least I have observed this in several vids that have been posted so far. Can you guys confirm who have maidened theirs...any reason for it?
                              I know the videos you're talking about and I think that is just from the wind gusting.
                              TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post

I know the videos you're talking about and I think that is just from the wind gusting.
                                I've noticed that it can be very windy but there's no way to tell on the video, like capt. mikes latest vid.

Comment

• Dont get me wrong, the A4 does tailwag like a crazy pony with wind and I absolutely love the Scooter but I find it uncomfortable and would prefer it not to do that! Anyway I am still holding on until Foil is revealed before I make a decision on what to buy xD.

Comment

• Originally posted by Petronio View Post
                                    Dont get me wrong, the A4 does tailwag like a crazy pony with wind and I absolutely love the Scooter but I find it uncomfortable and would prefer it not to do that! Anyway I am still holding on until Foil is revealed before I make a decision on what to buy xD.
                                    A cheap, simple HobbyEagle A3-L stabilizer will take care of the tail wag. Hooking up the rudder and ailerons is really all you need. The elevator hookup is a bonus for nicer landings.

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                                      A cheap, simple HobbyEagle A3-L stabilizer will take care of the tail wag. Hooking up the rudder and ailerons is really all you need. The elevator hookup is a bonus for nicer landings.
                                      Did you hear that George? ;)

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                                        Agreed... I have the A3L in every EDF whether it needs it or not!! LOL

Comment

• Honestly, a person can fly as smooth as butter and they will likely STILL be shocked how smooth of flying a simple gyro makes. I sure as heck know a gyro blew my mind, especially in windy conditions.

Comment

Working...
                                          X