First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TiredIron Aviation
    Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Hopefully I can maiden mine this weekend. Can't wait. Got her flight ready this morning. It's a good solid bird. I like the gear and the big tires.
      Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

• I am finishing up today. All electronics install... Putting in a CC 20 amp Pro BEC. Also an A3-L gyro and a Spektrum AR9030T receiver
        with battery pack voltage telemetry... Just a little soldering to do and then lots of Velcro, double-sided tape, and heat shrink to keep it all neat. :Cool:

Comment

• These are the days I really wish I had the talent to repaint one of these! I want this L39 soooo bad but just can't swallow the paint scheme. :(

Comment

• Even though I don't really need to get a replacement blue box to get into the air (using a Y and going direct to the RX solves my problem), I'll still submit a support ticket so that MRC can keep track of issues.

And yes, I made absolutely sure the wires were in the correct slots (I even tried using all 3 slots for LG), and the polarity was correct, I still had an issue.
            Pat

Comment

• Here’s a picture of the backside of the blue box in the new Freewing L-39 showing the connection labels.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Blue.jpg
Views:	641
Size:	92.5 KB
ID:	154865
              TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• Awesome look on this L 39 !
                The purpose of this group is to share classified ads and Marketplace for anything RC Turbine Jet related. Just a few group guidelines to keep everything clean: 1. No commercial posts. Only private....

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post
                  Here’s a picture of the backside of the blue box in the new Freewing L-39 showing the connection labels.

Name:	Blue.jpg
Views:	641
Size:	92.5 KB
ID:	154865
                  Thanks George... On my box, the nose gear servo lead was in the correct slot and correct polarity... I just unplugged it and put it in the other "rudder" slot and it worked fine. I thought it would be reversed, but from testing last night, it seem to be moving the correct direction!! I guess I should start a ticket anyway to log the problem.... :Cool:

Comment

• My maiden went very well. Love this bird already

Comment

• Originally posted by Rcfiddy1 View Post
                      My maiden went very well. Love this bird already
                      Great flight! And I thought our runway was short, LOL. Can’t wait to get mine in the air. Just waiting on a new servo

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post

Thanks George... On my box, the nose gear servo lead was in the correct slot and correct polarity... I just unplugged it and put it in the other "rudder" slot and it worked fine. I thought it would be reversed, but from testing last night, it seem to be moving the correct direction!! I guess I should start a ticket anyway to log the problem.... :Cool:
                        I submitted a ticket this morning, and was a little disappointed at the response, which basically just gave me the instructions for plugging in the wires, even though I clearly stated I had made absolutely sure I had everything plugged in correctly in the text. It's almost like they didn't even read what I wrote. I replied back, so we'll see what they say next.
                        Pat

Comment

• I just got back from my maiden flight and flights, got three in because that was all the batteries I charged, this thing is a very nice flyer, 3 beeps of up trim is all that was needed and that was only because I had mine a little nose heavy, which is what I like anyway but I did move the battery back and it flew about the same, so maybe a little more aft will be good, I used GAce 5000 45c and 5000 60c, it didn't seem to care which battery was installed, flew like it was on rails that's for sure, landed with 3.86-3.89 at 2:40 set on my timer, so 3 minute mark will be no problem with some throttle management. The stall was nothing, just mushed forward and kept trying to fly, greased all three landings so I didn't test the gear but I will tell you this, I landed with full flaps and nose high and slow, it was slow and it still rolled forever, was a little surprised with that. No elevator mix needed on mine, couldn't even tell when I put in full flaps, also flew all three flights with the tanks on. Will put some more flights on it before I decide if it's a keeper or not.

If it only came in a more military livery then it would be the perfect military sport jet.......:Cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by DCORSAIR View Post
                            I just got back from my maiden flight and flights, got three in because that was all the batteries I charged, this thing is a very nice flyer, 3 beeps of up trim is all that was needed and that was only because I had mine a little nose heavy, which is what I like anyway but I did move the battery back and it flew about the same, so maybe a little more aft will be good, I used GAce 5000 45c and 5000 60c, it didn't seem to care which battery was installed, flew like it was on rails that's for sure, landed with 3.86-3.89 at 2:40 set on my timer, so 3 minute mark will be no problem with some throttle management. The stall was nothing, just mushed forward and kept trying to fly, greased all three landings so I didn't test the gear but I will tell you this, I landed with full flaps and nose high and slow, it was slow and it still rolled forever, was a little surprised with that. No elevator mix needed on mine, couldn't even tell when I put in full flaps, also flew all three flights with the tanks on. Will put some more flights on it before I decide if it's a keeper or not.

If it only came in a more military livery then it would be the perfect military sport jet.......:Cool:
                            Nice detail in your review . What are the white piles in the back ground in the pic ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hemidoo View Post

Nice detail in your review . What are the white piles in the back ground in the pic ?
                              Oh, it's that time of year for almonds to be harvest and this farmer stockpiled his until the trucks can load them, so that is a big pile of almonds covered with a white tarp for protection from the rain that we had here a couple of days, today made for a perfect maiden for weather and the white puffy clouds. I should have a clear runway soon, they won't let them sit there to long.

Comment

• Originally posted by DCORSAIR View Post

Oh, it's that time of year for almonds to be harvest and this farmer stockpiled his until the trucks can load them, so that is a big pile of almonds covered with a white tarp for protection from the rain that we had here a couple of days, today made for a perfect maiden for weather and the white puffy clouds. I should have a clear runway soon, they won't let them sit there to long.
                                Cool ! I'm a Almond lover too :-)

Comment

• Hope to maiden mine today or tomorrow. First reports seem to indicate she flies nicely. Can't wait to see all the flight videos.

Walkaround
                                  Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

• MRC Support replied to my last email and they agreed to send me a new blue box when they come in stock. I had no doubt they would, even though the first response was not what I expected.

Maiden tomorrow. I'm taking 6 flight packs with me.
                                    Pat

Comment

• When you're in customer service long enough, you always assume it must be the customer causing the problem (it usually is)

Comment

• I maidened my personal L-39 today with the 9 blade 1900kv (plastic) setup running a Roaring Top 6250, I had to place the battery all the way to the rear to balance. I was running the same battery in the demo L-39 at Nall to the front edge of the battery board so the weight difference in the fan setups makes a pretty big difference.

With the 9 blade setup it jumped off the ground (grass) in about 100’, I made two circuits and only needed three clicks of down elevator. I made a few fast passes and a crazy high rolling vertical and came down for a takeoff flaps landing which was very smooth and predictable (no flare on flaps).

After taxiing back to the hangar my timer was at four minutes and I had 3.9v (48%) left so I pushed the next pack to five minutes and had 3.7v (16%) left.

I have 38 EDFs and the L-39 is by far the most stable and predictable, that’s not to say it’s boring but rather it feels so locked in it makes me more comfortable pushing it to the limits...did I mention it’s crazy fast:Cool:

Name:	L39.jpg
Views:	832
Size:	154.5 KB
ID:	155078
                                        TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post
                                          I maidened my personal L-39 today with the 9 blade 1900kv (plastic) setup running a Roaring Top 6250, I had to place the battery all the way to the rear to balance. I was running the same battery in the demo L-39 at Nall to the front edge of the battery board so the weight difference in the fan setups makes a pretty big difference.

With the 9 blade setup it jumped off the ground (grass) in about 100’, I made two circuits and only needed three clicks of down elevator. I made a few fast passes and a crazy high rolling vertical and came down for a takeoff flaps landing which was very smooth and predictable (no flare on flaps).

After taxiing back to the hangar my timer was at four minutes and I had 3.9v (48%) left so I pushed the next pack to five minutes and had 3.7v (16%) left.

I have 38 EDFs and the L-39 is by far the most stable and predictable, that’s not to say it’s boring but rather it feels so locked in it makes me more comfortable pushing it to the limits...did I mention it’s crazy fast:Cool:

Name:	L39.jpg
Views:	832
Size:	154.5 KB
ID:	155078
                                          Is this the the unit you swapped to ?
                                          80mm 9-Blade EDF 6S Power System w/ 3530-1900Kv Motor from Freewing - E723910 For the following Freewing 80mm aircraft: 80mm A-10 Thunderbolt 80mm Avanti (Red Version) 80mm Mirage 2000C V2 Tiger Meet

Comment

Working...
                                          X