Name:	IMG_20221213_213412_HDR (1).jpg
Views:	482
Size:	113.5 KB
ID:	363740

Comment

• Su-35 inspiration...

Comment

• Seasons Greetings to all. We progress slowly

Click image for larger version  Name:	Yaksoi 130 progress photo 1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	113.5 KB ID:	365003Click image for larger version  Name:	Yaksoi progress 26th Dec.jpg Views:	0 Size:	142.4 KB ID:	365004Click image for larger version  Name:	Yaksoi underside 26th Dec.jpg Views:	0 Size:	150.5 KB ID:	365005

Comment

• SHARP NOSE SU . Nose leg install. Nose wheel bay will be painted black with black arrow painted on underside to loose it visually when in the air. The twin air holes feed the battery bay with final air exit at rear of model , to be shown later as I progress. The cut back main fan ducts should hopefully provide better air feed to the fans and I have supplementary feed with 2 additional holes per side fed via the esc cooling duct. Only time will tell. So far mock up shows final weight with admiral 5100mah 70c carbon at 3750 to 3800gms max depending on final paint. The twin FMS 3060 1900kv 12 blade in-runners give 5.2to 5.4kg bench thrust. ( anticipated actual 4.2 to 4.3 kg. ). Any thoughts on if and how the position of the battery ( below wing line as opposed to above wing line on SU35 will affect the thrust angle of the nozzles would be appreciated. ? I am thinking a touch less of down thrust ( i.e less up elevator action for nozzles ) may be required. Given that the new fms SU27 weighs in at 4380gms ( FMS flying weight figures ) with the same fans then all should be ok !!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Yaksoi 31st dec 2022.jpg
Views:	407
Size:	134.8 KB
ID:	365716

Click image for larger version  Name:	Sharp nose su nose leg install 1st Jan 2023.jpg Views:	0 Size:	142.9 KB ID:	365713Click image for larger version  Name:	SHARP NOSE SU  nose leg brace 1st jan 2023.jpg Views:	0 Size:	116.6 KB ID:	365714Click image for larger version  Name:	SHARP NOSE SU  NOSE LEG 2ND JAN 2023.jpg Views:	0 Size:	80.4 KB ID:	365715

Comment

• Time for some more badass 'Suing around'

Comment

• Hello all, I just picked up this bird from MRC. I have thoroughly enjoyed reading through this thread and greatly appreciate all the knowledge and information that has been shared. Truly a great hobby with great people all helping each other. Now I just need to get this thing built and ready to fly after the winter.

Comment

• Originally posted by cconnrradd View Post
                Hello all, I just picked up this bird from MRC. I have thoroughly enjoyed reading through this thread and greatly appreciate all the knowledge and information that has been shared. Truly a great hobby with great people all helping each other. Now I just need to get this thing built and ready to fly after the winter.
                They have stock again? It says "out of stock" on their website and it's been that way for quite some time now.
                RC Castle has stock on the yellow desert camo one.

Comment

• Motion EU had a few.

still have four. https://www.motionrc.eu/products/fre...t-pnp-fj30323p

Comment

• I see.

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                      They have stock again? It says "out of stock" on their website and it's been that way for quite some time now.
                      RC Castle has stock on the yellow desert camo one.
                      Sorry xviper, my wife actually grabbed one earlier when they were in stock then I received it for by recent Bday. So I guess picking up was more of a relative statement.

Happy to have one though!

Comment

• That first high alpha flyby low to the ground was nuts :p

Comment

• Shap Nose SU livery now complete :-

Name:	SNSU 4.jpg
Views:	404
Size:	303.6 KB
ID:	367868

Name:	SNSU 2.jpg
Views:	395
Size:	351.9 KB
ID:	367869

Name:	SNSU 3.jpg
Views:	384
Size:	332.6 KB
ID:	367870

Name:	SNSU 1.jpg
Views:	389
Size:	376.0 KB
ID:	367871

Comment

• Hello everyone. I've been posting in here a while ago but never got around to buying this plane. I knept going back and forth between the Gripen and SU 35. Tough choice for me because I hate the material the SU is made of. After lots of reading and watching videos I finally pulled the plug and ordered the SU 35 though. If I got it right there is no other vectore EDF plane out there that flys as well and that is what it should be about.

Even after much reading I have one question though:

If I get the newest batch of the PNP freewing SU 35. What are the must do changes?Just fly it out of the box or is it better to strenghen the LG right away? I know many changed the EDFs but that is something I could look into if I feel the need for more power. Should one put a gyro in there or better not (got a FrSky SR10 lying in a drawer)? Stuff like that.

Thanks for your help.

Comment

• 1. There's nothing to hate about the material except it doesn't stand up to crashes very well. I find it handles hangar rash better than EPS and my SU still looks good after 6 years, which is more than I can say fr some of my EPS models. And it's LIGHT.

2. I'd strengthen the area around the nose gear mount right away, since your first landing could be your worst, Eventually the main legs will get beaten up but replacing them can wait.

3. Gyro - entirely a matter of personal choice.

4. Jandro (AirGuardian) has a document somewhere with his recommendations, most of which agree with. Find it - read it.

Comment

• There's pretty much all you need to know.

Mind some of the info (and corrections) are on the pinned comment and video description.

Comment

• Someone please trade their su35 for my red star new mig 29 with t.v
                                  I totally screwed up not getting another su35 and ended up with the dismal mig 29. Im sure some folks like the mig 29 but im not one of them.

Comment

• I love both, but I'm certainly not getting rid of my 35s... sorry!

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Nice flight!
                                          If I may give you a tip on the flat spins, try cutting throttle and forcing the spin through differential stabilators deflected in roll. Works better IMO. Also making it spin too fast makes it look a bit wonky, to slow the spin down you can reduce the roll input (after you get the spin initiated), or if using thrust vectoring, you can either reduce rudder input or throttle input.

I know this is a Raptor video but here you can see what I mean by modulating spin speed to make it look more scale through roll input control (more so on a non-vectored airframe).
                                          Hope that helps! :)

Comment

Working...
                                          X