You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Freewing Su-35 Twin 70mm 12 blade

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Congrats on the successful maiden !

    A fine setup, similar to what I did on mine when I was running 8ch a lifetime ago! ;)

    BTW, great job on the paint! :D

    And yeah, maidening with CG at 170mm is a bit extreme... better to start at 160 and slowly work and adjust from there.
    When the CG is very aft, you need to push the nose a bit down when the jet is flying slow, but it's not really tail heavy.
    This is normal and to be expected. ;)

    Originally posted by masterssls1 View Post
    - elevator for bitch
    [...]
    the flight : started with smooth takeoff then the plane suddenly bitched down .
    Yeah, pitch can definitely be a bitch on this jet if badly set up!


    Originally posted by masterssls1 View Post
    then i decided to give the plane a full check up and found out the TV nozzles was abit towards down so here is what i did before the re maiden flight :-
    - adjust the TV nozzle to more centered location , rudder wise and bitch wise
    Didn't you check for nozzle alignment BEFORE the flight??
    As mentioned, the Su-35 usually asks for a little bit of pitch-up trim built in the nozzles to fly level.
    And did you remember to separate the nozzles from the trim function so that trimming in flight doesn't change thrustline?

    Originally posted by masterssls1 View Post
    i loved how it flies a
    It's a beast of a jet, time to enjoy her! :D

    Originally posted by masterssls1 View Post
    i have to thank everyone who told me there experience with this plane
    @Airguardian thanks for insisting to say that i have to use expo it saved my plane life a few times during the first maiden THANK YOU
    Glad you heeded my call on that one...

    Big throws and no expo is a big no-no for this aircraft! ;)

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Airguardian View Post
      Congrats on the successful maiden !

      A fine setup, similar to what I did on mine when I was running 8ch a lifetime ago! ;)

      BTW, great job on the paint! :D
      thanks man i'm working on the weathering and metal sheets effects now




      Originally posted by Airguardian View Post
      Yeah, pitch can definitely be a bitch on this jet if badly set up!
      hahahaha u got it right into place ))



      Originally posted by Airguardian View Post
      Didn't you check for nozzle alignment BEFORE the flight??
      i did but since i painted it before checking the nozzles , i had hard time seeing the marks ( it was covered by paint )


      Comment


      • Originally posted by masterssls1 View Post

        thanks man i'm working on the weathering and metal sheets effects now

        Don't overdo it. Subtle is better than overdone. Most real planes, even military, are well maintained. Take a look at a real one, the panel lines are hardly visible except over hatches and inspection plates.


        Comment


        • Originally posted by kallend View Post

          Don't overdo it. Subtle is better than overdone. Most real planes, even military, are well maintained. Take a look at a real one, the panel lines are hardly visible except over hatches and inspection plates.
          yes that u said is true i dont wanna over do it and i keep a folder with a few detailed pictures of the real jet as a reference when i work on it but since the real once are big and you can easily see some details i try to exaggerate a bit , here is some from what i have done so far
          Click image for larger version

Name:	20211107_211359.jpg
Views:	251
Size:	132.9 KB
ID:	329232Click image for larger version

Name:	20211107_205810.jpg
Views:	248
Size:	71.1 KB
ID:	329230Click image for larger version

Name:	20211107_205933.jpg
Views:	247
Size:	48.2 KB
ID:	329231
          Attached Files

          Comment




          • "Less is more" - Ludwig Mies van der Rohe.

            Overdone panel lines shout out "I am just a toy".

            Comment


            • Originally posted by kallend View Post

              "Less is more" - Ludwig Mies van der Rohe.
              its funny u should say that , i know who said less is more!

              Originally posted by kallend View Post
              Overdone panel lines shout out "I am just a toy".
              looool. :D thanks for your feedback anyways

              Comment


              • Originally posted by masterssls1 View Post
                its funny u should say that , i know who said less is more!


                looool. :D thanks for your feedback anyways
                Less is more but then Gaudi and Frank Lloyd Wright are more complex and interesting to look at so I suppose it depends on what you want to achieve and how you want to see it. My paint schemes become more complex and interesting in direct proportion to the number of times I inadvertently modify the shape of the model .

                Comment


                • Originally posted by paulrkytek View Post

                  Less is more but then Gaudi and Frank Lloyd Wright are more complex and interesting to look at so I suppose it depends on what you want to achieve and how you want to see it. My paint schemes become more complex and interesting in direct proportion to the number of times I inadvertently modify the shape of the model .
                  well, is everyone here is an architect ? because when i'm talking to my friends about those people they dont know what the h*ll i'm talking about :D
                  i think it will all come to that its a personal preference . i appreciate minimalism as much as i appreciate details ,but it depends on the subject

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by masterssls1 View Post

                    well, is everyone here is an architect ? because when i'm talking to my friends about those people they dont know what the h*ll i'm talking about :D
                    i think it will all come to that its a personal preference . i appreciate minimalism as much as i appreciate details ,but it depends on the subject
                    Exactly. Its whatever floats your boat or gets you flying.

                    Comment


                    • My lil' tip about weathering. Don't use black for panel lines, but just a darker grey.
                      Ideally you do it as pre-shading, and then overspray with a lighter grey tone. You can then control the final result by adding more or less over-spray.

                      Originally posted by masterssls1 View Post

                      well, is everyone here is an architect ? because when i'm talking to my friends about those people they dont know what the h*ll i'm talking about :D
                      i think it will all come to that its a personal preference . i appreciate minimalism as much as i appreciate details ,but it depends on the subject
                      I'm from Barcelona so I know Gaudi ;)

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Airguardian View Post

                        I'm from Barcelona so I know Gaudi ;)
                        Is this you?

                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kqy...nel=rymndjesus

                        Comment


                        • Certainly not, but fine reference...

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Airguardian View Post
                            My lil' tip about weathering. Don't use black for panel lines, but just a darker grey.
                            Ideally you do it as pre-shading, and then overspray with a lighter grey tone. You can then control the final result by adding more or less over-spray.



                            I'm from Barcelona so I know Gaudi ;)
                            Its almost 20 years since I took my son to see Casa Mila ( great balconies ) and La Sagrada Familia, I wonder if it will be finished by 2026 ?

                            Comment


                            • And ruin decades of anticipation?

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by paulrkytek View Post
                                I wonder if it will be finished by 2026 ?
                                Doubt it very much!
                                Apparently the pandemic delayed things... but anyway, it's finally advancing at a decent pace so maybe not that far off after all :)

                                Comment


                                • Originally posted by Airguardian View Post
                                  My lil' tip about weathering. Don't use black for panel lines, but just a darker grey.
                                  Ideally you do it as pre-shading, and then overspray with a lighter grey tone. You can then control the final result by adding more or less over-spray.
                                  thanks for the tip , it seams like a nice Technic to practice next time.


                                  Originally posted by Airguardian View Post
                                  I'm from Barcelona so I know Gaudi ;)
                                  you should be mentioning sagrada familia ! :)

                                  Comment




                                  • Comment


                                    • Do you guys think applying a coat of minwax on this jet will stiffen up the airframe? Or is it even worth it?

                                      Comment


                                      • Probably will... but I'd recommend against it. You will add weight that detracts from the overall performance.

                                        If you really feel like reinforcing something apply some epoxy coating to the forward end of the ducts, as those will likely see some abuse at some point in the jet's life and they are a pain to repair.

                                        Or, if you want to go overkill... glass them.

                                        I once WBPU coated with 18g/m2 one of mine... my second airframe. Looked gorgeous but took me two weeks and the jet only lived 72 flights (radio link failure and full send lawndart crash). Didn't feel like it was really worth it. I enjoy it much more by keeping it light and powerful.

                                        Comment


                                        • Not looking to do anything crazy like have each control surface have its own channel. Was wondering if I can make a 6 channel receiver work…. Was thinking this setup. Let me know what your guys thoughts are. Was just going to Y connect the TV with the tailerons and rudder.

                                          1. Throttle
                                          2. Aileron
                                          3. Taileron 1/ TV (Pitch)
                                          4. Rudder/ TV (Yaw)
                                          5. Gear
                                          6. Taileron 2/ TV (Pitch)

                                          I think this will work… my biggest question is, is it hard to take-off and land with the TV on?

                                          Comment

                                          Working...
                                          X