• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you for the help. đź‘Ťđź‘Ť

Comment

• First flights today. All went great.

Comment

• Congrats Charles!
        The second landing was very smooth, looks like you have her dialed in! :)

Comment

• FPV action begins on the second flight!

Comment

• Here are some nice shots of the su-35’s from my local club.

Comment

• Enjoy! ^^

Comment

• Happy Friday y'all!

Comment

• Still my favourite foamy... just can't beat it!

Comment

• Originally posted by radfordc View Post
                    First flights today. All went great.

https://youtu.be/2GXn0copBzM
                    Good to see it operate on grass. The field I am comfortable for maidens is a grass field. My yak 130 is put together, F-22 is next then its time for some vectored thrust on the SU-35. I will have lots of questions for sure
                    Thanks again

Comment

• It is grass capable but it may require some tweaking on your end to operate from grass.
                      Test as is, and if you have problems, come here again... it's been covered extensively in RCGroups and I suppose here too...

Comment

• And remember to reinforce the nose gear as suggested! ;)

Comment

• Originally posted by aamz13 View Post

Good to see it operate on grass. The field I am comfortable for maidens is a grass field. My yak 130 is put together, F-22 is next then its time for some vectored thrust on the SU-35. I will have lots of questions for sure
                          Thanks again
                          I made several modifications to accommodate grass ops: larger nose wheel (58mm vs 45mm original), 3mm plywood spacer under the nose gear retract unit, gear strut braces to help prevent strut bending.

RC Groups - the most active Radio Control model community: electric and fuel rc airplanes,rc helis,rc boats and rc cars. Features discussion forums, blogs, videos and classifieds.

Comment

• Most importantly, need to glue a balsa wood planck to the front of the battery compartment so the foam that houses the nose gear doesn't break as easily.
                            It may even break after this mod, but if you then glue the thing back in with epoxy, it's not ever going anywhere again :)

Comment

• This is what I did. Click image for larger version

Name:	16217016141715106814255258267545.jpg
Views:	393
Size:	61.0 KB
ID:	313729

Comment

• That's quite overkill... but whatever floats your boat. ( :
                                (With the planck on the front end I think it's more than enough)
                                Also a good idea to install a velcro more to the rear so you can secure heavy batteries (which need to go aft) properly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Airguardian View Post
                                  Most importantly, need to glue a balsa wood planck to the front of the battery compartment so the foam that houses the nose gear doesn't break as easily.
                                  It may even break after this mod, but if you then glue the thing back in with epoxy, it's not ever going anywhere again :)
                                  I epoxied a layer of glass cloth over the foam at the weak spot.

Comment

• That would do it too... but balsa may be more user friendly for most :)

Comment

• Finally had some time to start fixing my planes... I have upgraded the elevon-servos to Turnigy DMC809. They are quite small, but very quiet and with good precision. 3D-printed an insert to keep the servo snuggly in place. Nice to have the printer around, took me 10min to draw one and mirror it, and 1hr to print both.

The new FMS 70mm 12b PRO's are also in place with 80A ESC:s. All that is left now is the nose-gear changed to Avanti version. Not scale but I prefer good grass capability since the grass is a little tall at the club sometimes.

Comment

• Have a few of those DMC809 but never got to try them in flight yet... they should be quite an improvement over the stock ones! ;)

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	2CE57408-C790-4379-9CC4-02C3E53E35D6.jpeg
Views:	648
Size:	79.3 KB
ID:	315600 It ain’t gonna be pretty…

Comment

Working...
                                          X