Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [QUOTE=mshagg;n284716]Joined the club this week, thing is an absolute rocket with FMS 1900kv inrunners, had to back the timing off to ease the load on the packs but still > 1:1 thrust/weight.

Basically followed Airguardians build guide with a few bespoke 3DP bits and pieces to better support the gear on grass ops. A3L pro on the TV servos. 3 coats of gloss takes the rough finish of the EPS.

Looking good, I have the fms 1900kv units in my su35, hawk, F16 and yak 130, they are very smooth especially good in the yak

Comment

• Having extra-fun with the Su-35 in FPV!

I replaced 2x X8Rs and an RB16 with two RX8Rs.

Comment

• Originally posted by mshagg View Post
        Joined the club this week, thing is an absolute rocket with FMS 1900kv inrunners, had to back the timing off to ease the load on the packs but still > 1:1 thrust/weight.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20201107_082151.jpg
Views:	799
Size:	368.1 KB
ID:	284717
        You had me at " > 1:1 ". A pair of FMS 1900kv ordered!

Comment

• Originally posted by TangoVector View Post

You had me at " > 1:1 ". A pair of FMS 1900kv ordered!
          You'll need to upgrade the ESCs if you have the original ones.

Comment

• Originally posted by kallend View Post

You'll need to upgrade the ESCs if you have the original ones.
            Thanks! Think I'll get the Hobbywing 80A or do I need more? Good price at the moment...

Comment

• Originally posted by mshagg View Post
              Joined the club this week, thing is an absolute rocket with FMS 1900kv inrunners, had to back the timing off to ease the load on the packs but still > 1:1 thrust/weight.

Basically followed Airguardians build guide with a few bespoke 3DP bits and pieces to better support the gear on grass ops. A3L pro on the TV servos. 3 coats of gloss takes the rough finish of the EPS.

What a cool jet.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20201107_082151.jpg
Views:	799
Size:	368.1 KB
ID:	284717
              Do you have any data on the current draw of this EDF units?

Comment

• Originally posted by HangarQueen View Post

Do you have any data on the current draw of this EDF units?
                About 140A for the pair on low timing. Above 150A (as high as the current sensor goes) on high timing.

Comment

• Well, I have 100A ESCs in mine, so they can cope.
                  What flight times are you getting?

Comment

• Another one that succumbs here... found the couple for 80€ on bangood (40€ each) after discounts and using my account points and got a set for my non-FPV Su-35...

I also ordered a couple of lighter 6S 4Ah packs (660g). I really want to get this thing hovering, mwhahahaha!
                    (Thanks Kallend and mshagg).

My ESCs are already upgraded anyways.

Comment

• Tango Vector I use hobbywing 80amp escs in mine with the fms 1900kv fans and they work fine, I added extra air input as per my mod shown earlier as it helps keep the the battery, esc and main connectors cool. 3 to 3.5 mins flight time with about 22% left most of the time I fly on 1/2 throttle sometimes more, sometimes less so I dont really rack up the amps consumption. Plane weighs 3.5kg with 810 gm 6s 5000 battery.

Comment

• For those that didn't know, the Russian Knights (Blue Angels equivalent, so to speak) have been transitioning to Su-35S jets recently.

I think this is the first video of them doing aerobatics with the new bird.
                        If this doesn't blow your mind...

Comment

• Originally posted by Airguardian View Post
                          For those that didn't know, the Russian Knights (Blue Angels equivalent, so to speak) have been transitioning to Su-35S jets recently.
                          That entry into the extreme alpha at 9:10 was just mean!

So now suddenly my Su35 has got its number in line for the paint booth. But the line ahead is long: Timber, Rebel, M2000, and JAS 39 are ahead. We'll see if it gets there in time for the 2021 season. Flying is prioritised over painting.

...but snowmobiling is prioritised above almost everything in winter, so plans will probably change

Comment

• What scheme are you planning for the Su? :D

Originally posted by TangoVector View Post
                            That entry into the extreme alpha at 9:10 was just mean!
                            Yep, they do that a lot, one of my favourite maneuvers. :)

Comment

• Originally posted by Airguardian View Post
                              What scheme are you planning for the Su? :D

Yep, they do that a lot, one of my favourite maneuvers. :)
                              The cool thing (one of many) about the model is that you can duplicate these maneuvers.

Comment

• I'm thinking of Russian Knight #51.

Disclaimer: It will not be exact, I don't have the skill or interest of making a scale replica, but hopefully nice and well presented. anyway :-)

Comment

• So, there go my actual first FPV flights after I upgraded to RX8Rs/20A UBEC and removed the redundancy bus (allowing the CG to be shifted further aft to where I like it). :)

Comment

• Comment

• Has anyone come across a build video for this Freewing SU-35? The product page on Motionrc does not have one nor did I find one on YouTube. I like to watch build videos before I decide to buy an airplane so I know what I am getting myself into. Thanks.

Comment

• There ya go:

Comment

• Winter touch up and landing lights on my SU35. Lights are 5to 7v rated leds fed off my rx bec set at 5.5v, they consume about 5mah per flight and are simply wired so that when the rx is on the lights are on.

Comment

Working...
                                          X