Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yo Gooniac That was wicked

Comment

• Nice flight! Man those 4K cams sure are sweet!
      My YouTube RC videos:
      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Nice vid mate, nice work on the sticks too. Beautiful landing. ;) (Your cameraman did a great job).

Comment

• I decided to fly the F-15 with full ordinance yesterday out at Apollo field. I was expecting some differences but there weren't any adverse affects. The ordinance actually helped my approach for landing. Thank you to Mike for taking the pictures.

Comment

• I was going to fly mine this morning with everything on it but then I decided to leave the tanks off, so there's not much difference with the drop tanks on??

Two excellent flyers, The F-18 flies better but the looks and quality go to the F-15.

Comment

• Originally posted by roys001 View Post
              I decided to fly the F-15 with full ordinance yesterday out at Apollo field. I was expecting some differences but there weren't any adverse affects. The ordinance actually helped my approach for landing. Thank you to Mike for taking the pictures.
              I will be out at Apollo next weekend! Hope to see you there!
              Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
              I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• Originally posted by DCORSAIR View Post
                I was going to fly mine this morning with everything on it but then I decided to leave the tanks off, so there's not much difference with the drop tanks on??

Two excellent flyers, The F-18 flies better but the looks and quality go to the F-15.
                I am running the 8s set up. I really didn't notice big difference in speed or roll out. It looks cool in the air and especially good when it's coming at you for a low pass. Enjoy!

Comment

• Im just about ready to fly and having trouble with flaps and airbrake. I have turned on flaps on my Dx7. Do i need to program a mix in for airbrake in full flaps? Loojing for 3 settins. Flaps off/Take off/Full flaps & Airbrake...any help would be great

Comment

• If you had an 18 I could probably help you but doubt' my spm file would work in a 7.
                    My YouTube Videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrz...4Q-xrOOtP2C-8w

Comment

• Originally posted by jetlag View Post
                      Im just about ready to fly and having trouble with flaps and airbrake. I have turned on flaps on my Dx7. Do i need to program a mix in for airbrake in full flaps? Loojing for 3 settins. Flaps off/Take off/Full flaps & Airbrake...any help would be great
                      As I recall with the DX 6. You will have to put the air brake on a seprate channel. Then you can mix it to the flaps. When you mix it with the flaps it's 0% on the first two settings and 100% on the third setting. I would also suggest mixing some elevator. You'll have to experiment with this one because there are so many possibilities. I'm using 8s and I like my planes at the rear of the CG range. For ME I'm using 20% up elevator with full flaps & air brake. That sets up a nice high alpha on approach. This is with the standard travel recommended by the manufacturer. I'm also using a Gyro. That helps when at slower speeds. I would suggest easing into the elevator mix.

Comment

• To do a new paint scheme, is there a trick to remove the current graphics?

Comment

• Just paint right over them. As they're waterslide decals, you won't notice them. I just did this to a Freewing F-16.
                          Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
                            Just paint right over them. As they're waterslide decals, you won't notice them. I just did this to a Freewing F-16.
                            good point, awesome thanks.

Comment

• Hey Guys just got a AS3X Reciever to put in my F-15 Strike Eagle. Really not comfortable with this kind of receiver. I don't understand the gains and heading settings. not to mention the pitch and yaw. Can anybody give me an idea on what to set these adjustment to? I mean what percentage to set them on for maiden flight, until I can learn more about what adjustment to set them. Yes I do have it set on a 3 switch position where I can turn off the AS3X assistance and fly without it. But I need a basic safe percentage number to start with. Thx

Comment

• Hey Sergeant, I don't know what gain settings to suggest but I would most definitely suggest that you do not maiden with the gyro turned on. I would fly without the gyro, get her trimmed out, make sure you like how she feels with CG, throws, etc...And then once you're comfortable with her, then you can get a few mistakes high and turn on the gyro. If it feels good, great! If it acts wonky you can turn it off. I would trial and error it that way the first few flights after the maiden. Just my two rusty ol' pennies.
                                My YouTube RC videos:
                                https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Did they make pennies back then? ;)

good advice, I second it. It's very hard to dial in a plane if you let the gyro do the talking first. It may hide set up issues that if tested and resolved early, lead to a much more enjoyable and nicer airframe. Whilst I'm not a fan of gyros personally, they can be a great addition to some models and/or some pilots. Highly recommend your maiden and initial flights to check cg, incidence, throws etc are made without the gyro, at least until you know the plane is set up correctly.

Comment

• I lost my mirage by doing the maiden flight with the gyro on..... Wont make that mistake again

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
                                      Hey Sergeant, I don't know what gain settings to suggest but I would most definitely suggest that you do not maiden with the gyro turned on. I would fly without the gyro, get her trimmed out, make sure you like how she feels with CG, throws, etc...And then once you're comfortable with her, then you can get a few mistakes high and turn on the gyro. If it feels good, great! If it acts wonky you can turn it off. I would trial and error it that way the first few flights after the maiden. Just my two rusty ol' pennies.
                                      Hey Aros, No,,,,,,,, :Scared: I wasn't going to maiden my jet with the AS3X on. I was asking what would be a good setting on the heading ,gains, yaw and pitch. Yes that's why I'm putting it on a 3 switch setting so I can maiden it without any gyro's on. And when I do feel comfortable and all the trims are good :Ligthbulb:, then I could turn on the AS3X system.

Comment

• I got some seriously wonderful flights with my F-15 this past weekend!! I was flying at Apollo field in Van Nuys and had a great time! Here are the flights...

Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
                                        I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• gooniac, that is a LARGE runway.... wow.... I'm jealous

Comment

Working...
                                          X