Official Freewing F/A-18C Hornet 90mm EDF Thread
Collapse
X
-
Great performance from those SMC LiHv batts. Topped out at 128 mph on 8S 5300 packs, but hit 140.4 on 9s 5000mah SMART LiposLeave a comment:
-
Here you go!
Happy landings
FrankAttached FilesLeave a comment:
-
Hi Elbee,
Yes, i do have a printer :) Was just looking for the file. Been browsing this thread for a long time as I am just about to finish my F-18 :)
Best Regards
HajoLeave a comment:
-
HJ, Welcome to Hobby Squawk, Sir. Do you have access to a 3DP printer? I have my STL Wheel Cover file for that part. I do not print and sell parts.. Best, LBLeave a comment:
-
Hi There,Ooops, what a major oversight! :Scared:
Here is the revised design. Btw, the rectangular plates between some of the outer bolts appear to be not standard. I've looked at some pics and there are none of these.
HUD parts are prepared as well.
@ Steve (RCjetdude): I assume you will be getting your hands on your F-18 sooner than me (ETA late June over here). Would you volunteer as tester for the hub caps?
Does anyone know where to get (also buy if necessary) the main wheel covers for the F/A-18?
thank you
HajoLeave a comment:
-
Yes, indeed. HV is the way to go now. When I need batteries, those will be the only ones I buy.Leave a comment:
-
Sure did. I added the Spektrum 120a, 6-12s ESC. When combined with the AR8360T and my IX12, it enabled me to forward program reverse onto Ch 9 (Aux 4). Significantly reduced landing rollout. I had to shave out some foam to fit the larger ESC, but if I had discovered SMC batteries earlier, I likely would’ve never made this update. Pics attached.
I also flew it with two SMC 4s 6200mah LiHv batteries… AMAZING!! SMC batteries are the new GOAT in the battery industry. The 4.36v charge instead of the standard 4.20v is game changing. It’s like turning a 6s or 8s power system into a 7s or 9s setup without updating the ESC.Leave a comment:
-
90mm CG and I fly on 9s (6s + 3s 5000 packs). I'm using Freewing's V2 8s motor (1350kv) with the Spektrum 120a 6-12s ESC. I think I'll get a couple LiHv (4.36v) packs from SMC and fly it on a true 8s setup. The standard 8s setup at 4.20v is better than a 6s, but it's just ok for me. The extra cell from the 9s gives me a similar flight time, with much better performance out of the 1350kv motor. Give it a shot if you're feeling crazy and wanting to push your 18 over 135mph.Leave a comment:
-
Mine is also 8S but it got finished just as winter hit, so I've not flown it yet. I always start with the recommended CG in the book and change it after the first flight if it doesn't feel right for me.Leave a comment:
-
I have mine at 95mm but some go back as far as 110mm, not sure how they measure it though or wheels up or down. I measure wheels down. I have mine on 8S too. Fun plane and flies very smooth.Leave a comment:
-
I’m going through thread trying to find where folks are putting CG. Stock is 88mm I know but how far back are folks going? Going to maiden my f18 on 8s soonLeave a comment:
-
Thanks for the info might be able to get some outside shot soonLeave a comment:
-
CQ, great looking repaint and livery, Sir.:trophy:
If you want a shot at the live show, post your pictures to that thread: "Share Your Pictures for the LIVE SHOW" or something like that.
Also, weather permitting if your bird is completed, take some snapshots outside in a setting that enhances the airframe.:camera:
That helps get a favorable response from the powers that be.
Best and good luck, LBLeave a comment:
-
finishing up my new 90mm f-18 hoping to see it on the live shows one day1 PhotoLeave a comment:


Leave a comment: