First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• InTheTubeDeep
    replied
    Whats in the Box

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• InTheTubeDeep
    replied
    I finalized the Burner after 3 print versions
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• jasmith41
    replied
    Sorry for this, but I'm thinking there are a lot of other people like me - have / fly both FW and Eflites...

Anyway, this pertains to the Eflite Viper 90. I crashed mine and i'm in the process of putting her back together, but i wasn't smart enough to take pics of the nose gear linkage / set-up when i took her apart, so if any of you have one of these birds and would help a brother out, please send me a pic of the nose gear down inside the gear bay so i can see what i should have photographed... and how the linkage all goes back together...

many thanks in advance if there's anyone that can assist...

Leave a comment:

• InTheTubeDeep
    replied
    Working on a Amber Burner now 2 versions
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Evan D
    replied
    Get the PNP and sell anything you don’t want later. The PNP is always a better deal financially than the kit+.

Leave a comment:

• Eagleflight47
    replied
    Thinking about buying an F-18 to eventually do a turbine conversion with and have a couple questions for the group. Before putting in a turbine, I want to fly it as electric to get used to the airplane. I am considering buying the ARF+ and dropping in an 80mm FMS Predator 3280-KV2100 that I already have on the shelf at home. Will this be sufficient power or should I stick the the 90mm HP? TIA

Leave a comment:

• Aros
    replied
    Nice work on those rails InTheTubeDeep! Like Hugh said, they break easily and I still can't believe FW didn't make those as separate spare parts. They could have made a fortune on those alone, lol.

Leave a comment:

• Hugh Wiedman
    replied
    Originally posted by InTheTubeDeep View Post
    More rails final version
    Excellent job on the printing, you're really dialed in with that printer, a worthy skill. Nice to know a source for the rails, something that's easily broken (at least in my case) and almost impossible to replace without getting the entire wing. Your on "Source List". Bravo!

Leave a comment:

• InTheTubeDeep
    replied
    More rails final version
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• InTheTubeDeep
    replied
    Just applied the decals - my wingtip rails are dialed in printing production rails now- anyone need a set LMK! Also tweaking my Burners to fit the 36mm can, hopefully get that installed this weekend- low tides are coming next week I should be ready! I made Blue Burners on Su30 Alenka, these will be Amber
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• InTheTubeDeep
    replied
    Ok good to know- should be an interesting maiden!

Leave a comment:

• Evan D
    replied
    No gyro/ stab on mine but many will tell you all planes fly better with them.

Leave a comment:

• Gravythe clown
    replied
    I don't use any stabilizer on her at all. I use a HRB 6S 6000 mah 50C. I get good vertical and plenty of flight time. I land with a little power and let her settle right in.
    I also have mine set up with Tailerons and ailerons. Not a lot of throw on ailerons as the tailerons do most the work. The ailerons do help to get a better straight screw effect during aileron rolls. I can't remember my CG off hand. I will say she is a joy to fly when I take her out. I hope to soon (after I return from my vacation) to take her and the 16 TB out together and do a back to back. to see which I like better. My Bet is the 18BA.

Gravy

Leave a comment:

• InTheTubeDeep
    replied
    Hey Gravy LB and Hugh! Seriously RCG is like walking on eggshells, abiding by woke childish rules had enough!! Good to be here more free ;). Mine arrived yesterday what a beauty! I had to tweak my wingtip rails easy now with wings in hand- You guys fly with the A3 Super 4?? I have one never used it- needed or not??
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Hugh Wiedman
    replied
    My new F18 Blue Angel was supposed to delivered Fedex Saturday but like all shippers the box seems to sit at each location an extra day or 2- I 3D designed printed wingtip rails I'll wait til my 18 arrives and test the fitment- MartinField sent me the dimensions we'll see how close it is! Btw are there Mods here like RCG who will ding you for saying FaceBook!!??
    I think you'll enjoy this forum much better than RCG and there's a ton of great advice here and no dictators! I've learned so much from the guys here it's not funny (but I still have a long way to go) and everyone is willing to help out a brother RC addict! There's a wealth of information on the F-18 and if you can't find it, just ask, there's always someone here that has the answer!

Leave a comment:

• Elbee
    replied
    My new F18 Blue Angel...
    TD, Welcome to "The Squawk". Glad to have you onboard, Sir. Best, LB

Leave a comment:

• Gravythe clown
    replied
    whats up ITD? good to see you finally over here. This aint no RCG that for sure. I hardly even go there anymore. I think you'll like the F-18 she is a very capable platform and a great show topper. The BA will look good over the caps of La Jolla.

Gravy

Leave a comment:

• InTheTubeDeep
    replied
    My new F18 Blue Angel was supposed to delivered Fedex Saturday but like all shippers the box seems to sit at each location an extra day or 2- I 3D designed printed wingtip rails I'll wait til my 18 arrives and test the fitment- MartinField sent me the dimensions we'll see how close it is! Btw are there Mods here like RCG who will ding you for saying FaceBook!!??

Leave a comment:

• Evan D
    replied
    I wrote something stupid and deleted it… probably still left a lot of stupid…

Originally posted by jasmith41 View Post

??? what does that mean...?

Leave a comment:

• jasmith41
    replied
    Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post

Great Stuff Dave, congrats on the maiden. You may want to go to an SMC 6200 40C battery to give you another minute or so (have my timer set at 4:20 but always go a bit longer with the in-flight voltage alarm with the voltage telemetry cable the RX comes with). You'll also find that the Admiral 50C is more like a true 25C where the SMC's are right around 39C (and only 100 gr heavier), which will give you a bit more punch and longer flight times.

BTW, if your getting comfortable with the F-18, you shouldn't worry much about the Mig, just keep away from the 2 issues discussed (but with the new fans and the TV nozzles, only the high speed pass with full flaps would be a problem).
    Who would be dumb enough to do a high speed pass with the flaps down...? Seems counter-intuitive...

Oh! That's right - I've done that... 🤣

My buddy Buzzy (don't read too much into the name, even though it's probably true...), same age, basically same upbringing, but never was forced to learn PCs, started flying last year about the same time I did and had never touched a PC until I took him one of my old ones and hooked him up with RealFlight, doesn't have (his own doing) the access to this wealth of knowledge that I do from all of you guys. It's truly scary to watch him fly...🤣🤣🤣

Leave a comment:

Working...
X